Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 177

Thread: 2020/21 New Coach speculation thread

  1. #121
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,882
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Very good point, Any coach would have struggled if they had a team without their overseas main signing, their no1 and NO2 strikers plus their centre back. That's why I thought Ernie was a little bit harshly treated.

    With funds available, we need to grab a player who can make a difference. I wonder who else is in the final list of 6 outside Robinson? Another Welsh manager possibly?
    McKinna is Scottish not Welsh isn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Weimar Germany
    Posts
    924
    Spurs sack Pochettino...........Jets then sack Merrick a few weeks later. Coincidence?

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,074
    One of the articles says how he would be a good fit for the club because he has experience with a club with no money to spend and that point not lost on our Gypo CEO.

    Pretty f^&*(ng sad state of affairs if it were true and one your biggest criteria in a new candidate is there ability for working with nothing. I want to hear from our Gypo CEO what sort of money will be made available to a new manager, This loose change somebody elses fringe bench player like Bert said in his final interview or a reasonable sum of money presumably that was not made available for Ernie.

    If the light man does not lift his game and provide " proper " funds then they can sack and hire as many Ernie's and Carl as they like it will make stuff all difference til Martin Lee gets serious again.

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,249
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    If the light man does not lift his game and provide " proper " funds then they can sack and hire as many Ernie's and Carl as they like it will make stuff all difference til Martin Lee gets serious again.
    Why should he spend his own money on something that should be run to be self sufficient? The league is a shambles that there is an expectation on some bloke to dump millions into a club to be competitive. Just fold the basket case already.

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Why should he spend his own money on something that should be run to be self sufficient? The league is a shambles that there is an expectation on some bloke to dump millions into a club to be competitive. Just fold the basket case already.
    I will clarify my statement, Fund it to similar level of season 17/18.

    Why should he ?. Because he purchased it and therefore he has a responsibility to do his with it. He knew full well at the time of acquiring the club the situation , He would have done due diligence and have had the right people go over loss & profit statements.

    Everything you cite about the leagues shortcomings and i agree totally with you are not a new phenomenon yet he still signed up to the cause, That is why.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I will clarify my statement, Fund it to similar level of season 17/18.

    Why should he ?. Because he purchased it and therefore he has a responsibility to do his with it. He knew full well at the time of acquiring the club the situation , He would have done due diligence and have had the right people go over loss & profit statements.

    Everything you cite about the leagues shortcomings and i agree totally with you are not a new phenomenon yet he still signed up to the cause, That is why.
    You are also assuming that the info and BS FFA and Gypo CEO have fed him was 100% accurate

    History says judging by the BS Lowy sold Tinkler Palmer etc that the cartel operators have a long history of conning investors

    What makes you think they told the Chinese Lightsalesman the truth ??

    His stance on cuttingfunds and putting the club on the market may well be straight up down to being sold a lemon

  7. #127
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,882
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I will clarify my statement, Fund it to similar level of season 17/18.

    Why should he ?. Because he purchased it and therefore he has a responsibility to do his with it. He knew full well at the time of acquiring the club the situation , He would have done due diligence and have had the right people go over loss & profit statements.

    Everything you cite about the leagues shortcomings and i agree totally with you are not a new phenomenon yet he still signed up to the cause, That is why.
    That's crap. Only an idiot would be spending any extra money on an A League team right now. And don't forget, Martin Lee doesn't owe you or I anything. If anything, we owe him for spending his money to keep us with a team to support.

    Until they start running things in a profitable way he should be spending the bare minimum to keep us afloat. With the FFA out of the picture hopefully this happens soon. There's a market there if they cut out the salary cap and let clubs spend as little or as much as they like to be profitable. I'll go watch the league whether it's full of Ronaldo's or Hoole's, just don't charge me Ronaldo ticket pricing for Hoole quality players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Weimar Germany
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That's crap. Only an idiot would be spending any extra money on an A League team right now. And don't forget, Martin Lee doesn't owe you or I anything. If anything, we owe him for spending his money to keep us with a team to support.

    Until they start running things in a profitable way he should be spending the bare minimum to keep us afloat. With the FFA out of the picture hopefully this happens soon. There's a market there if they cut out the salary cap and let clubs spend as little or as much as they like to be profitable. I'll go watch the league whether it's full of Ronaldo's or Hoole's, just don't charge me Ronaldo ticket pricing for Hoole quality players.
    What gets me about this. And it's just not football specific but applies to all of the codes. Why are they so poor?

    When you consider the superior television coverage that the football codes have. They all scream poor. Yet a Supercar team can spend up to 10 million per year. I know that Kelly Racing received 3 Million per year for hiring Simona De Silvestro. That's 12 million per year (4 car team) plus development costs (they were a homogolator)

    Certain people are obviously putting themselves first before the good of the game.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    What gets me about this. And it's just not football specific but applies to all of the codes. Why are they so poor?

    When you consider the superior television coverage that the football codes have. They all scream poor. Yet a Supercar team can spend up to 10 million per year. I know that Kelly Racing received 3 Million per year for hiring Simona De Silvestro. That's 12 million per year (4 car team) plus development costs (they were a homogolator)

    Certain people are obviously putting themselves first before the good of the game.
    Let's start with the PFA

    With clubs getting crowds of 6 to 10k playing in giant expensive stadiums

    Why has the salary cap increased 200% in 12 years yet the crowds haven't??

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That's crap. Only an idiot would be spending any extra money on an A League team right now. And don't forget, Martin Lee doesn't owe you or I anything. If anything, we owe him for spending his money to keep us with a team to support.

    Until they start running things in a profitable way he should be spending the bare minimum to keep us afloat. With the FFA out of the picture hopefully this happens soon. There's a market there if they cut out the salary cap and let clubs spend as little or as much as they like to be profitable. I'll go watch the league whether it's full of Ronaldo's or Hoole's, just don't charge me Ronaldo ticket pricing for Hoole quality players.
    Sorry but your excuse for Martin Lee is crap. The excuse that the club and the A League are a basket case and therefore he gets a free pass for being a tight ass is utter Bullshit.

    You saying the A League and our club were honky dory at the time of his purchase ?.

    The A League was and our club for that matter were a basket case at the time he purchased it yet he went in with open eyes and still signed on the bottom line. Blaming the league for Martin's being a tight ass is a crock, The League IS and HAS BEEN been struggling long before Martin Lee came along.

    If he did not like the environment his potential purchase was going to be operating in he could have kept his money in his pocket.

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    510
    You would think it's probably a done deal now with Robinson given he has toured Newcastle and is going to watch tonight's game in Melbourne. A bad performance may change his mind though.

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,804
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    You would think it's probably a done deal now with Robinson given he has toured Newcastle and is going to watch tonight's game in Melbourne. A bad performance may change his mind though.
    Has this been reported?

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,249
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Blaming the league for Martin's being a tight ass is a crock, The League IS and HAS BEEN been struggling long before Martin Lee came along.
    I am not using the league to justify his tight assery. I am saying he has absolutely no obligation to put more money in. You're in a dream land if you think he owes us anything.

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,804
    I wonder if Carl and Darren Davies know each other?

  15. #135
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Has this been reported?
    Just saw him sitting next Lawrie with my own eyes.....he's there.

  16. #136
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,294
    I've heard some good news.

  17. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I've heard some good news.
    In terms of Carl or what?

  18. #138
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I've heard some good news.
    You reckon you've got a third shot at the gig, Gary?

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I've heard some good news.
    That you were hoping for a start at the Wanderers rather than JP

  20. #140
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I've heard some good news.
    Still looking good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •