Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/21 New Coach speculation thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2020/21 New Coach speculation thread

Save the chat about Ernie for the other thread, who should come in at end of the season to take over from Deans/Li?
    Personal choice for me is Arthur Papas, but I doubt he will leave Ange's side at Yokohama.
    Local choice would probably be Damian Zane from Edgy as personally I think A-League clubs need to start taking chances on NPL coaches.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Save the chat about Ernie for the other thread, who should come in at end of the season to take over from Deans/Li?
    Personal choice for me is Arthur Papas, but I doubt he will leave Ange's side at Yokohama.
    Local choice would probably be Damian Zane from Edgy as personally I think A-League clubs need to start taking chances on NPL coaches.
    I’d love to see us take a chance on someone with new ideas.
    Why not give Zane a go? Affordable and a no lose situation for anyone.

Same old names will be tossed around...Farina, Pappas, Mulvey, the clown that coached the scum and whose name I understandably forget. (Moss??), etc. Add Kewell to that list as well. We will no doubt pick the worst one available. This is, afterall, the Jets!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Same old names will be tossed around...Farina, Pappas, Mulvey, the clown that coached the scum and whose name I understandably forget. (Moss??), etc. Add Kewell to that list as well. We will no doubt pick the worst one available. This is, afterall, the Jets!
    It wont be Mulvey, he was asking too much money.
    Papas would be fantastic.
    Doubt we would pick up anyone ex from CCM except maybe Okon but they would have same issues with us as they had there unless ownership changes.
    With all the turmoil at WU - maybe good time to try for Anastasiadis especially if we cant get Papas out of Yokohama?
    Kewell wont leave UK.
    Farina - just no lol

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    It wont be Mulvey, he was asking too much money.
    Papas would be fantastic.
    Doubt we would pick up anyone ex from CCM except maybe Okon but they would have same issues with us as they had there unless ownership changes.
    With all the turmoil at WU - maybe good time to try for Anastasiadis especially if we cant get Papas out of Yokohama?
    Kewell wont leave UK.
    Farina - just no lol
    I wasn't suggesting any of them. Just suggesting that the same old names will get tossed up.

I wasn't suggesting any of them. Just suggesting that the same old names will get tossed up.
    yep - got that mate haha
    Just providing my responses

take a chance

Deans is OK and has been around for ages - take a chance and appoint Daniel Mcbreen - he knows the A-league well and would be an innovative type

Looking at it in the same way this broke busted club will and put the cost at the forefront i will say Jean-Paul de Marigny.

Not my choice just who i think it will be.

I have a pretty good record in Sweden and managed to get Singapore out of the group stages at the Asian Cup, so I might apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I have a pretty good record in Sweden and managed to get Singapore out of the group stages at the Asian Cup, so I might apply.
    I'd vote for you
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Grim IN.....9 points v Adelaide in the pocket every year....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

#GrimIn

Muscat ?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Stajic to coach both sides in preparation for our inevitable merger next season?

I reckon Deans and Li might even stay in charge for the rest of the season. Gives any potential new owners an even cleaner slate to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

We must look to the NPL for our next coach. Pick someone who has done well in that arena who wants to prove themselves at the next level

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We must look to the NPL for our next coach. Pick someone who has done well in that arena who wants to prove themselves at the next level
    I said this a couple of weeks ago and was told in no uncertain terms that A League coaches must come from being A League players and A League players must not come from state leagues, Go figure.

Farina cannot coach. Pappas lacks the forcefulness to be head coach. Kewell wants too much money. Zane is a big step down.

Jokes aside, GVE is available. If you can pull the forum blinkers off, you'll agree that he is the best option for this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I said this a couple of weeks ago and was told in no uncertain terms that A League coaches must come from being A League players and A League players must not come from state leagues, Go figure.
    If we were doing ok by all means...but this is more than just a coaching gig st the moment. We got Ernie in because we had already tried two newbies and it didn't work. Same with Kewell...this is no time to experiment.

In actual fact at the time of being told A Leagues coaches can't come from State Leagues i was advocating for Edgy Zane to be rewarded with a Asst coaching role off the back of his success at Edgy.

If it's Muscat, I quit.
    What about Zadkovich?