Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    How much more are Zone League registrations than say all age or O/35's?
    that depends on each club and how they set their fees. ours are $60 Difference per player due to the difference in referee cost's per game. $340 AA $400 ZL
    we cover the cost of the entry fee to the zone league comp using sponsorship so as that isn't passed on to the players registration.
    Some clubs may include this in the registration fee's?

I hope rego costs isnÂ’t the reason clubs are pulling out of zone league.

If this is the case (which I donÂ’t think it is) the clubs in question need to try and make it as affordable as possible.

The benefits for a clubs of having a zone league pathway for juniors far out ways having a bunch of all age teams running around purely because of a cheaper rego cost.

I think the change in substitutions for reserves in zl2 and zl3 will change the way teams play the game. From a competitive perspective I donÂ’t like it. But it may help keep clubs in zone league which is what we should all want.

It would have been interesting to see if the change in rules may have helped any of the teams that have had to pull out stay in the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Rego costs.
    The main reasons I've seen and heard with the player disappearances is either rego costs and/or the standard (or lack) of refereeing. People don't getting seem to be getting the enjoyment for what they're paying for, and are voting with their feet. It's up to NNSW, FFA and co to figure out how to fix this, if they perceive it as a relevant issue.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The main reasons I've seen and heard with the player disappearances is either rego costs and/or the standard (or lack) of refereeing. People don't getting seem to be getting the enjoyment for what they're paying for, and are voting with their feet. It's up to NNSW, FFA and co to figure out how to fix this, if they perceive it as a relevant issue.
    Correct. Both of these points.

NNSW/FFA/Mac Football fee's alone are around $220of our rego.

FFA - $33
    NNSW - $129 !?!?!?!?
    MAC Football - $49.71

Let alone referee costs ($90?) & club costs. Ur at $310 already. Unless every club has really good sponsorship focused on the senior team (we don't, it's split across the club evenly for all participants) you're looking at 450+ minimum.

Governing body fee's are a joke and the reason a lot of rego's are high. No wonder people stop playing when it costs this much.

Rego costs have got out of hand , I don't think anyone will disagree with that. I think the Mac Football fees are reasonable, they really work hard.
    I think that the other two tiers of football governance need to explain their fees.
    The referees are doing their best, it's a tough gig.
    I hope the unlimited interchange doesn't get out of hand. Possibly no interchanges in final 5 minutes of either half might keep it all under control.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Rego costs have got out of hand , I don't think anyone will disagree with that. I think the Mac Football fees are reasonable, they really work hard.
    I think that the other two tiers of football governance need to explain their fees.
    The referees are doing their best, it's a tough gig.
    I hope the unlimited interchange doesn't get out of hand. Possibly no interchanges in final 5 minutes of either half might keep it all under control.
    NNSW and FFA rips us all off, no other way of saying it. What the hell does NNSW and FFA do for anyone outside the competitions they run. Nothing but take out money.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    NNSW and FFA rips us all off, no other way of saying it. What the hell does NNSW and FFA do for anyone outside the competitions they run. Nothing but take out money.
    please don't complain folks, spoke with an old friend at the Matildas game last night, I am not going to name the club involved, but his U/14 daughter has to pay $1400 this year. They are linked to there WPL side, not sure how the WPL is structured with juniors....

in the breakdown for the NNSWF in the earlier post there share is part insurance isn't it? which I am not defending the powers that be, but $1400 to play say 16 games WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    please don't complain folks, spoke with an old friend at the Matildas game last night, I am not going to name the club involved, but his U/14 daughter has to pay $1400 this year. They are linked to there WPL side, not sure how the WPL is structured with juniors....

in the breakdown for the NNSWF in the earlier post there share is part insurance isn't it? which I am not defending the powers that be, but $1400 to play say 16 games WTF
    You can't really compare a competition run by NNSW to that run by Newcastle football or Macquarie football. The competitions run by Macquarie and Newcastle football should mean the player's shouldn't be paying NNSW football bigger all.

You can't really compare a competition run by NNSW to that run by Newcastle football or Macquarie football. The competitions run by Macquarie and Newcastle football should mean the player's shouldn't be paying NNSW football bigger all.
    Bugger all

I spoke to a mate today who’s 21 year old son played at valentine NPL and rego was $2,000, $1,500 to play and $500 for kit, being a third year apprentice he decided to give the game away, ffs $2,000, wake up Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I spoke to a mate today who’s 21 year old son played at valentine NPL and rego was $2,000, $1,500 to play and $500 for kit, being a third year apprentice he decided to give the game away, ffs $2,000, wake up Valentine
    They have to pay their $130,000 player budget somehow, with all of their new big name signings

I'm not comparing, just putting out there what I heard. I am agreeing with all so far.
    Yes fees should be lower, but at the same time the finger pointing should also go towards the clubs.
    To register an U18 player, the fees are around $120,(charges by Mac foot, NNSWF etc) then clubs put all on top of that.
    but maybe this should have its own thread...…..

To register an U18 player, the fees are around $120,(charges by Mac foot, NNSWF etc) then clubs put all on top of that.
    Need to add in council and ref fees. Adds up to a lot more than $120 for an U18 player

Merewether United FC WPL Rego plus gear $800 (21 games plus finals), 2nd year of the same kit (2 year cycle) so players from last year only need to pay $500.
    But then we have the worst facilities, with council making it almost impossible for us to improve them. Getting a yes for anything is almost impossible.

Played our 1st round games at #2 today against New Lambton and it was brilliant. Now we just need to get council to let us do it on Sundays all winter...

Also NNSW part is the insurance bit...

At kurri this year our rego fees are $370 which includes ref fees, dress shirt, shorts, 2 x socks, warm up shirt, club jacket. We have been able to offer this with the awesome sponsors we have got on board for our zone league squad. We also have tried our best to make our rego fees as cheap as possible to attract new players and stop them from driving out of the area to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Need to add in council and ref fees. Adds up to a lot more than $120 for an U18 player
    Sammydogggg, yes there are items to add on after the fees, I was just pointing out what the fees for FFA, NNSWF and Mac Football.
    I do the regos so I know the breakdown and how it all works quite well.
    For example fees for 2020
    5-7 year olds $77.59 + council + refs(do they even have refs at that age) + gear???
    12-18 year olds $110 + council + refs + gear
    if you want a breakdown for refs I can that also.
    All clubs charge differently for different reasons, some clubs have morals, some don't.

Sammydogggg, yes there are items to add on after the fees, I was just pointing out what the fees for FFA, NNSWF and Mac Football.
    I do the regos so I know the breakdown and how it all works quite well.
    For example fees for 2020
    5-7 year olds $77.59 + council + refs(do they even have refs at that age) + gear???
    12-18 year olds $110 + council + refs + gear
    if you want a breakdown for refs I can that also.
    All clubs charge differently for different reasons, some clubs have morals, some don't.

Well aware of the fees applicable.

When you leave out the $54 ref fees to cover the season, $24 Lac Mac Fee for Playing, $14 Lac Mac Fee for training you make it look like clubs are slapping a lot more on their regos than they are.

Just as a question, what do you think is reasonable a club fee to attach to a rego?

I take your point on kids paying $1400 to play U14, it is way too much. U14 is the youngest age in the WPL at the moment so you cant really compare it to an U8 community comp though.

When you leave out the $54 ref fees to cover the season, $24 Lac Mac Fee for Playing, $14 Lac Mac Fee for training you make it look like clubs are slapping a lot more on their regos than they are.

Just as a question, what do you think is reasonable a club fee to attach to a rego?

I take your point on kids paying $1400 to play U14, it is way too much. U14 is the youngest age in the WPL at the moment so you cant really compare it to an U8 community comp though.
    How much clubs tack is going to be variable, sponsors they have, more teams generally means more canteen profits etc etc, so smaller clubs are sometimes hindered in what they can do.

Our club adds about $40 on top if that.

Yes we shouldn't compare U14 WPL to the rest but still $1400 is a bit steep, but the rego for a U14 doesn't change much from the $110 + $54 ref fees to cover the season, $24 Lac Mac Fee for Playing, $14 Lac Mac Fee.
    Refs in WPL maybe a bit more costly. $200 for gear etc, that's an add on of over $900, that's the only point I was trying to make in the end.
    Its not the powers that be putting the game out of reach, its some clubs pillaging the people they need the most.

I know everyone likes to smash clubs and associations over fees.
    However, dancing, gymnastics & several other sports make football fees look paltry by comparison.

My son's $1000 yearly fees for football are the cheapest of any of my kids sports.

How much clubs tack is going to be variable, sponsors they have, more teams generally means more canteen profits etc etc, so smaller clubs are sometimes hindered in what they can do.

Our club adds about $40 on top if that.

Yes we shouldn't compare U14 WPL to the rest but still $1400 is a bit steep, but the rego for a U14 doesn't change much from the $110 + $54 ref fees to cover the season, $24 Lac Mac Fee for Playing, $14 Lac Mac Fee.
    Refs in WPL maybe a bit more costly. $200 for gear etc, that's an add on of over $900, that's the only point I was trying to make in the end.
    Its not the powers that be putting the game out of reach, its some clubs pillaging the people they need the most.
    A couple of the clubs I am aware of have gear fees at around $400.
    Last year when the fee information was handed out they had a breakdown for the club as to where the money was going;
    Ground fees, water, paid staff, etc.

It was a very interesting read to see where most of the money was going.