Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    They should put a line through the year as much as we don’t want to it’s the easiest decision on senior football
    Agree, it will only be a Micky mouse competition anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    There is no scope for finals at all. The competition is scheduled for 14 weekends, so 18 games would be played over 14 weekends.
    Apparently there is only 14 weekends available before cricket gets the fields, that's with cricket already getting pushed back 2 weeks.
    The uncertainty makes the decision difficult for smaller clubs. Bigger clubs will survive if they sit out the season, for the smaller clubs they could possibly fold if they sit out the season. As they would loose players to rival clubs, A blanket decision would be helpful in this case. That's what has happened in rugby union.
    I agree with Swanky, it's the way to go. However which clubs would go where? and how do you even out the clubs to ensure that you've got the 3 or 2 divisions available? Might have to tell a ZFL1 club that they have to play "ZFL2" this year so must drop their 3rd grade? that's not fair on those players.

As for finals - play them at venues that don't share with cricket... some clubs have their fields all year around.

They should put a line through the year as much as we don’t want to it’s the easiest decision on senior football
    Why? I might be the only one, but I really don't care about semis and comp set up etc. I just wanna play football tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Why? I might be the only one, but I really don't care about semis and comp set up etc. I just wanna play football tbh.
    Do you want someone to get sick blame the club and then you have no club. Everyone is a volunteer they don’t need/deserve the pressure for a comp with no meaning. We all want to play but for your 90min think of the pressure on the unpaid committee and volunteers to uphold all the restrictions

Do you want someone to get sick blame the club and then you have no club. Everyone is a volunteer they don’t need/deserve the pressure for a comp with no meaning. We all want to play but for your 90min think of the pressure on the unpaid committee and volunteers to uphold all the restrictions
    how can someone blame a club if they get Covid, don't want to risk it, bubble wrap yourself inside and don't come out until when?????
    if you are to worried about getting Covid, don't go to the games, don't want Covid don't go shopping, etc, etc ,etc.

Hi Hacker,

Clubs can only do so much. We can remind players and parents not to attend if they feel sick; we can follow the guidelines put forward by Northern., but if a player subsequently becomes sick the club is not to blame in the same way a club is not to blame if a player breaks their leg during a match.

There is a lot of fear in clubs around possible "blame" and Northern need to do better at explaining the guidelines and responsibilities. Without clear direction clubs will worry themselves into pulling out of comps. The guidelines are different and a little more work, but from what I have seen they are not overwhelming.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi Hacker,

Clubs can only do so much. We can remind players and parents not to attend if they feel sick; we can follow the guidelines put forward by Northern., but if a player subsequently becomes sick the club is not to blame in the same way a club is not to blame if a player breaks their leg during a match.

There is a lot of fear in clubs around possible "blame" and Northern need to do better at explaining the guidelines and responsibilities. Without clear direction clubs will worry themselves into pulling out of comps. The guidelines are different and a little more work, but from what I have seen they are not overwhelming.

A
    All I am saying is there is a lot of pressure on volunteers that aren’t trained in it all and for what maybe 10–12 games with no finals etc. I simply ask is it worth all the pressure on a handful of volunteers. We live in a world now where if you slip over you sue someone. People don’t take responsibility for themselves which is not right

Apart from Maryland Fletcher did any other teams withdraw from ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Apart from Maryland Fletcher did any other teams withdraw from ZL1
    I heard Barnsley we’re pulling the pin

If your club has pulled out of the season but you're still interested in playing send me a text or pm me on here.

Garden Suburb FC have a few limited spaces available.

Liam.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Wallsend FC ZL1

Wallsend FC are looking for a few more players for the 2020 season. Training resumes 16/6/20.
    For more info please contact head coach Marc Hingston - 0400449716

Westlakes pulled the pin, from 6s to Zone League.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Westlakes pulled the pin, from 6s to Zone League.
    Westlakes out of competition for real?

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Westlakes out of competition for real?
    Yep, they announced it over the weekend.
    I understand last night another club has pulled out of 3rd Grade too.

So now its:
    1st/Res- 7 teams
    3rds- 5 teams

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post

So now its:
    1st/Res- 7 teams
    3rds- 5 teams
    Why wouldn't the association bring up another club from zone league 2??? Jesmond or kahibah??? They might be able to find someone else to fill the gap in league 2. I did see something about Dudley Juniors possibly having players, why not get them or someone else??

So now its:
    1st/Res- 7 teams
    3rds- 5 teams
    Garden Suburb FC pulled the pin on our third grade.
    It essentially came down to the fact that 3rd grade will only be a 10 game season and we couldn't justify charging a dozen or so blokes the registration required for only 10 games. Believe me it was a decision not taken lightly, I commend every club and the joint zone committee at this stage doing their best to give us a football season.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Why wouldn't the association bring up another club from zone league 2??? Jesmond or kahibah??? They might be able to find someone else to fill the gap in league 2. I did see something about Dudley Juniors possibly having players, why not get them or someone else??
    If only it was as simple as typing a sentence on an internet forum.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Garden Suburb FC pulled the pin on our third grade.
    It essentially came down to the fact that 3rd grade will only be a 10 game season and we couldn't justify charging a dozen or so blokes the registration required for only 10 games. Believe me it was a decision not taken lightly, I commend every club and the joint zone committee at this stage doing their best to give us a football season.
    Plenty of tough decisions have had to be made for sure.
    Where do you guys sit with 1st/Res only being a 12 game comp?

Plenty of tough decisions have had to be made for sure.
    Where do you guys sit with 1st/Res only being a 12 game comp?
    We're planning on organizing a inter club game on our bye weekends and hopefully being allowed to run some type of social gathering the same day.
    It's not ideal but all the lads we have registered seem grateful to have something rather than nothing. It seems to be restrictions are being relaxed already so hopefully the social aspect of playing will be able to return in some form throughout the season.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    We're planning on organizing a inter club game on our bye weekends and hopefully being allowed to run some type of social gathering the same day.
    It's not ideal but all the lads we have registered seem grateful to have something rather than nothing. It seems to be restrictions are being relaxed already so hopefully the social aspect of playing will be able to return in some form throughout the season.
    Good stuff! Fingers crossed the social stuff can get off the ground by then, that's the most important element for sure.