Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Zone Premier League thread

Although Raymond Terrace is no longer in ZPL, but just for the information: The club pulled out all together from 2020 season. This includes miniroos all the way to all age, and ZL2.

Quote Originally Posted by MCG_1997 View Post
    Although Raymond Terrace is no longer in ZPL, but just for the information: The club pulled out all together from 2020 season. This includes miniroos all the way to all age, and ZL2.
    Do you know what were the reasons behind pulling miniroos out? It's only a 14 week season for the kids and most clubs are still making plans to go ahead with the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Do you know what were the reasons behind pulling miniroos out? It's only a 14 week season for the kids and most clubs are still making plans to go ahead with the season.
    I think complying with all Health regulations and guidelines seems to be nearly impossible for their committee members due to very limited number of manpower at the club. Specially the liability part of it if someone gets sick at their fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Ive heard rumours that there around another 10 clubs doing the same thing. A couple of ZPL clubs in that list

The requirements put in place by council and federations make it really hard. Things like training restrictions,no canteen and change rooms,constant cleaning of toilets, limit on parents, the list goes on.

There isnt even a locked in start date or finish so unsure how many rounds there even is. NSW health have not even agreed to NnSW footballs return to football plan.

Alot of clubs would struggle to get help to make sure they meet requirements which would leave them facing liability if someone was to get sick.

How many clubs share fields with cricket?. The planned season ends mid October which is pretty close to cricket season I think

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Ive heard rumours that there around another 10 clubs doing the same thing. A couple of ZPL clubs in that list

The requirements put in place by council and federations make it really hard. Things like training restrictions,no canteen and change rooms,constant cleaning of toilets, limit on parents, the list goes on.

There isnt even a locked in start date or finish so unsure how many rounds there even is. NSW health have not even agreed to NnSW footballs return to football plan.

Alot of clubs would struggle to get help to make sure they meet requirements which would leave them facing liability if someone was to get sick.

How many clubs share fields with cricket?. The planned season ends mid October which is pretty close to cricket season I think
    In addition I heard you are guaranteed same grade next year as you will not be punished if you don't play which is turning some clubs. . If we do play there will also be no promotion/relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeye View Post
    In addition I heard you are guaranteed same grade next year as you will not be punished if you don't play which is turning some clubs. . If we do play there will also be no promotion/relegation.
    With no promotion or relegation or finals what’s the point. Wipe the season and make next years season longer maybe. It’s no worth the federations or clubs risking liability for a comp with no meaning

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post

I've heard Jesmond pulled out all their teams (I know they don't have a Zone team) because apparently they need a Covid Duty Officer to ensure social distancing and that this has to be the same person at every game on every day it can't be different people. No one was willing to give up every Friday night and the entire weekend to do it so they have pulled the plug.

Not sure if anyone can confirm if that is a requirement and if so if it has to be the same person for every game all weekend for the season?

That's the other thing and the cricket associations have been telling councils they will not budge and start later or have shorter seasons. Not sure why council can't tell them to **** off and cricket get more sway than a sport that has more participants and users of their fields (so pay more).

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I've heard Jesmond pulled out all their teams (I know they don't have a Zone team) because apparently they need a Covid Duty Officer to ensure social distancing and that this has to be the same person at every game on every day it can't be different people. No one was willing to give up every Friday night and the entire weekend to do it so they have pulled the plug.

Not sure if anyone can confirm if that is a requirement and if so if it has to be the same person for every game all weekend for the season?

That's the other thing and the cricket associations have been telling councils they will not budge and start later or have shorter seasons. Not sure why council can't tell them to **** off and cricket get more sway than a sport that has more participants and users of their fields (so pay more).
    That’s correct according to the guidelines regarding the Covid Duty Officer plus having club the appropriate measures applied. All these regulations are a massive impost on Community/Grassroots clubs.
    In relation to cricket our club has been told the cricket will delay the start to late October if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    That’s correct according to the guidelines regarding the Covid Duty Officer plus having club the appropriate measures applied. All these regulations are a massive impost on Community/Grassroots clubs.
    Does it have to be the same person at every person at every match though? Can't be one person on Friday night, one person on Saturday and another on Sunday? Can it be one person Saturday mornings and then another take over in the afternoons?

Does it have to be the same person at every person at every match though? Can't be one person on Friday night, one person on Saturday and another on Sunday? Can it be one person Saturday mornings and then another take over in the afternoons?
    Guidelines say that club must appoint a Covid safe duty officer does not reference officers

After last nights meeting has there been any movement from any other clubs pulling the pin

Teams were told they had to supply one person - being the same person - for each of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by rawr. View Post
    Teams were told they had to supply one person - being the same person - for each of their games.
    Seems like they want their clubs to drop out. Only clubs with a volunteer who has no life on weekends and Friday nights will be able to go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by rawr. View Post
    Hi rawr,

If this is the case I think the rules have been misinterpreted. There simply needs to be a COVID coordinator on site during games/training in the same way you need a WHS rep on site while a mine is operating. This is not always the same person. A club can train up/nominate as many people as they like, but they have to be trained and signed off as a (not THE) coordinator. Not many clubs will have the luxury of multiple people volunteering for the job, but I think its the only way to make it work.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi rawr,

If this is the case I think the rules have been misinterpreted. There simply needs to be a COVID coordinator on site during games/training in the same way you need a WHS rep on site while a mine is operating. This is not always the same person. A club can train up/nominate as many people as they like, but they have to be trained and signed off as a (not THE) coordinator. Not many clubs will have the luxury of multiple people volunteering for the job, but I think its the only way to make it work.

A
    correct Alan, WHS laws which are some of the stringent in the land, allow you to have multiple officers to police what needs to be done, seems like people are reading to much into it.

Seems like they want their clubs to drop out. Only clubs with a volunteer who has no life on weekends and Friday nights will be able to go ahead.
    3 grades one day per weekend, sure clubs can find a/many a volunteer to do ZPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    3 grades one day per weekend, sure clubs can find a/many a volunteer to do ZPL.
    That's Zone and I was more talking about clubs in all interdistrict comps. Though from what Northern NSW sent to clubs yesterday seems like Newcastle Football had given false information to their clubs about requirements and fines from police.

No false information - just need to read the NNSW Guidelines - pretty clear.
    What’s unclear though is NNSW’s guidance in terms of implementation
    “Just do what you can” and “you don’t really have to implement the guidelines - they’re just guidance” isn’t the right message - why have the Guidelines at all - let clubs work it out.
    The mis-information is coming from NNSW - who’s motivation is seemingly getting everyone back on the pitch so they can collect your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    No false information - just need to read the NNSW Guidelines - pretty clear.
    What’s unclear though is NNSW’s guidance in terms of implementation
    “Just do what you can” and “you don’t really have to implement the guidelines - they’re just guidance” isn’t the right message - why have the Guidelines at all - let clubs work it out.
    The mis-information is coming from NNSW - who’s motivation is seemingly getting everyone back on the pitch so they can collect your money.
    It’s pretty ordinary they are trying to charge full price for clubs and players for half a comp

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    It’s pretty ordinary they are trying to charge full price for clubs and players for half a comp
    there not charging full price, there is a slight discount in all monies to be paid, rego and entry fee.
    14/16 game comp is not half a comp either, if it currently stands as is, 9 teams in ZPL (Dudley out) that's 16 games. The ref fees, insurance, etc don't change all that much.
    The main thing hurting clubs is/will be sponsorship money not coming in or being reduced.