Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Zone Premier League thread

Has anybody heard any more rumours of clubs pulling out or just Dudley so far?

Quote Originally Posted by mefa1984 View Post
    Has anybody heard any more rumours of clubs pulling out or just Dudley so far?
    My contact at Warner's bay confirmed they officially pulled out today

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    No false information - just need to read the NNSW Guidelines - pretty clear.
    What’s unclear though is NNSW’s guidance in terms of implementation
    “Just do what you can” and “you don’t really have to implement the guidelines - they’re just guidance” isn’t the right message - why have the Guidelines at all - let clubs work it out.
    The mis-information is coming from NNSW - who’s motivation is seemingly getting everyone back on the pitch so they can collect your money.
    Perhaps you can show where the return to play guidelines are?

Perhaps you can also show why we had Newcastle Football telling their clubs one thing leading to a number of clubs pulling out and Northern coming out and saying that some of it isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Perhaps you can show where the return to play guidelines are?

Perhaps you can also show why we had Newcastle Football telling their clubs one thing leading to a number of clubs pulling out and Northern coming out and saying that some of it isn't true.
    Agreed. I think clubs would of made the decision on original info eg. No canteens, full fees etc. now a few teams have pulled out the goalposts have moved. Very confusing for committees trying to decide.

CCFC players wanted.
    due to the late start, Covid, work, etc CCFC have some spots available in our squads for this season.
    Training is kicking off tonight Tuesday 8th 630pm Cardiff Oval No2.
    PM me for more details or call 0427254548
    cheers folks.
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 09-06-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Is there any legit news on who is in who is out? Is there going to be a ball kicked this year?

Are we arguing about guidelines or actual Public Health order? Because from what I understand only one has legal ramifications.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Is there any legit news on who is in who is out? Is there going to be a ball kicked this year?

Are we arguing about guidelines or actual Public Health order? Because from what I understand only one has legal ramifications.
    Clubs were supposed to notify by last friday, was discussed in the zone meeting last week. The only 2 I've heard of are WB and Dudley. But the other cut off date initially given was 12/6 so not sure if they are actually going with that rather than what the group suggested. 6 probably the minimum?

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post

The State Government still holds all the power in regards to a competition starting as they still haven't given a date to return to adult competitive sport. Until this happens adult sport can't commence.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    The State Government still holds all the power in regards to a competition starting as they still haven't given a date to return to adult competitive sport. Until this happens adult sport can't commence.
    Now announced.

Have heard Barnsley have also pulled the pin? (ZL1)

If your club has pulled out of the season but you're still interested in playing send me a text or pm me on here.

Garden Suburb FC have a few limited spaces available.

Liam.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

8 game comp for 3rds
    Bloody expensive season😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    8 game comp for 3rds
    Bloody expensive season������
    So is ZPL down to 2 grades?

Who else is out?

Zpl have 8 teams in first and reserves and now 5 teams in 3rds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Zpl have 8 teams in first and reserves and now 5 teams in 3rds.
    Expensive season in thirds for a player.

3rds should play each other 3 times

Such a shame Azzuri won't get to face teams at full strength. At least teams have an excuse for when we romp it in.

#avoidthedrop

All these byes is getting ridiculous. Why didn't they just put teams with 3 grades in ZPL for this year only.
    Sure that would mean Kotara South would be in ZL1 but for one year who really cares. Surely it's not that complicated.

They could have shuffled the decks to make up divisions. Hit all age teams to fill the gaps and if there is a bye, put it in zl2. Or chase up one of the clubs that pulled out to reconsider??

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    All these byes is getting ridiculous. Why didn't they just put teams with 3 grades in ZPL for this year only.
    Sure that would mean Kotara South would be in ZL1 but for one year who really cares. Surely it's not that complicated.

They could have shuffled the decks to make up divisions. Hit all age teams to fill the gaps and if there is a bye, put it in zl2. Or chase up one of the clubs that pulled out to reconsider??
    or they could just go down the path of least resistance and effort to organise. The above solution is bloody laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    3rds should play each other 3 times
    heads up, 3rds will be playing either 12 or 14 rounds, basically the same as 1st/reggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    heads up, 3rds will be playing either 12 or 14 rounds, basically the same as 1st/reggies.
    Love this