Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Because the federation don’t see it as a serious premiership this year they just wanted rego money
    Exactly, just put out some crappy competitions and take the cash. No finals is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Exactly, just put out some crappy competitions and take the cash. No finals is ridiculous.
    Thy have a comp with 5 teams in 3rds that’s how serious they are taking it

Thy have a comp with 5 teams in 3rds that’s how serious they are taking it
    hahahah exactly what's worse is i think it's only a 4 team comp what a bloody joke of a competition

What’s stopping clubs having a finals series once the season is over

If they can fill all their youth teams they’ll be ahead of some current NewFM teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    hahahah exactly what's worse is i think it's only a 4 team comp what a bloody joke of a competition
    You know what, there are only 4 teams and its a bit of fun, giving those who otherwise would not have played. I don't think anyone is taking the 3rds games that seriously anyway.
    The other two grades are 7 teams, due to pull outs, some early, one late, shit happens that's where we are now.
    You should look at the lower divisions where 3rds play reggies in some games, a bit strange but hey they are getting a game.

In the end if you don't like the comp, how its run or anything else about it, just disappear, as i and many others are sick of the keyboard warriors on this page and other pages telling all how good they are, how wrongs things are, what a joke the federation is,
    (side note its the not the federation who runs the comp we are in, its Zone league or community as its being known as now, run by Newcastle, Macquarie, Hunter Valley Associations) but i am sure you all knew that.

If you could better in running a comp in the mad days we are having stand up, be a man and tell us how you would/could do it better or refer back to my other point and just piss off.

cheers have a good weekend.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Azzurri v Cardiff at Cardiff rained out. Cardiff is soaked so had to happen

1-1 draws all round

Is covid all good this weekend? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    You know what, there are only 4 teams and its a bit of fun, giving those who otherwise would not have played. I don't think anyone is taking the 3rds games that seriously anyway.
    The other two grades are 7 teams, due to pull outs, some early, one late, shit happens that's where we are now.
    You should look at the lower divisions where 3rds play reggies in some games, a bit strange but hey they are getting a game.

In the end if you don't like the comp, how its run or anything else about it, just disappear, as i and many others are sick of the keyboard warriors on this page and other pages telling all how good they are, how wrongs things are, what a joke the federation is,
    (side note its the not the federation who runs the comp we are in, its Zone league or community as its being known as now, run by Newcastle, Macquarie, Hunter Valley Associations) but i am sure you all knew that.

If you could better in running a comp in the mad days we are having stand up, be a man and tell us how you would/could do it better or refer back to my other point and just piss off.

cheers have a good weekend.
    I don’t think many grades are taking it serious and in lower divisions Reggie’s playing 3rds is mind blowing. Clubs will take it serious if it was finals and make up games for washouts so it’s even.
    That decision might of kept it a 10 Team comp. From what I hear 2 of the clubs didn’t want to put in all the effort for a comp with no finals an had there been finals the decision may have been to stay in the comp

Why can’t people disagree with the way a comps run or the way a federation /association is run? Feedback should be encouraged and welcomed

Suns v Swansea
    Firsts 4-3
    Ressies 0-4

All age v Bellbird
    3-2
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Suns v Swansea
    Firsts 4-3
    Ressies 0-4

All age v Bellbird
    3-2

I heard first grade was hectic with suns coming from 2-0 down, then 3-2 down. Sensational effort

Suns v Swansea
    Firsts 4-3
    Ressies 0-4

All age v Bellbird
    3-2
    Good result for the suns. Swansea were undefeated for over a year from memory

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    I heard first grade was hectic with suns coming from 2-0 down, then 3-2 down. Sensational effort
    Was a very entertaining game. 2-0 down early. 2-2 at HT.
    Goal midway through second half kinda against the run of play with a back pass stuff up. Came back with two goals after that and hung on to win. Good game to watch, although Swansea wouldn’t have enjoyed it too much. Good result for the comp I guess!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Was a very entertaining game. 2-0 down early. 2-2 at HT.
    Goal midway through second half kinda against the run of play with a back pass stuff up. Came back with two goals after that and hung on to win. Good game to watch, although Swansea wouldn’t have enjoyed it too much. Good result for the comp I guess!

Popped in for a look. Reserve grade was one sided, Swansea looked very good. First was exciting with some quality goals being scored. Lots of chances, end to end, both teams tried hard and it was certainly entertaining.

Would other clubs be interested in an unofficial finals series at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Haircut View Post
    Would other clubs be interested in an unofficial finals series at the end of the season?
    If someone breaks their leg are you paying their insurance. Playing with fire cause you will have no refs etc.
    You started the season knowing there is no finals.

If someone breaks their leg are you paying their insurance. Playing with fire cause you will have no refs etc.
    You started the season knowing there is no finals.
    You can run it as a summer Comp like the 6 a side comps
    You can invite 11 a side teams

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    You can run it as a summer Comp like the 6 a side comps
    You can invite 11 a side teams
    So you would have to pay another lot of rego to cover an unofficial semi final series that would not be recognised by anyone anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    So you would have to pay another lot of rego to cover an unofficial semi final series that would not be recognised by anyone anyway?
    Unauthorised comp and certainly no referees

Devils advocate: what’s the difference between an organised preseason trial and an organised “post season trial match”?
    Could the “process” be undertaken by clubs?
    Excluding ground use and the argument “it hasn’t been done”.

Feel like most clubs and players will be keen to just put this season behind them as a write off. Good year to make some $$ off summer 6s, expect a lot of people to be interested in extending their season.