Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I can now confirm that Raymond Terrace’s request to be relegated to ZL2 has been approved.
    Good luck on the rebuild lads, see you in ZL1 in a year or two no doubt.

Congratz to Cookshill on being promoted to ZPL.

Who now fills the void in ZL1?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Who now fills the void in ZL1?
    Hamilton Olympic go to ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Good luck on the rebuild lads, see you in ZL1 in a year or two no doubt.
    Cheers hopefully we can start to bring through some of the promising U/15’s and 16’s we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Congratz to Cookshill on being promoted to ZPL.
    I think this will make a stronger comp. is a revised draw out

If we get the green light for a start at the end of May or early June. How many weeks will teams need as a preseason before the season starts

Double edged sword isn't it. More prep time = an increase in congested fixtures whereas less prep time = reduced congestion. Considering injury risk would be biggest worry I would probably prefer a couple weeks prep and then realistically treat the first 2-3 games as 'trials' physically and mentally rather than have a little extra training but have to play 3 games every week

In the NPL this season, reserve grade and 18's are able to use 5 substitutions off the bench. Maybe adopting this rule for one season would alleviate a lot of pressure on fitness levels and injuries in the lower divisions

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    In the NPL this season, reserve grade and 18's are able to use 5 substitutions off the bench. Maybe adopting this rule for one season would alleviate a lot of pressure on fitness levels and injuries in the lower divisions
    I think that’s a fair idea. 2 weeks pre season then into it

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Does anyone know how some ZPL or ZL clubs will manage physical distancing rules if a comp re starts? Grounds like Kotara, Swansea, Connolly are public space. Is Newcastle Football leaning toward pulling the entire season for their Interdistrict clubs from 6s to Zone? Surely Senior Zone League games could be relocated to grounds with one entry/exit. Not NPL grounds but if Mayfield Girls are cancelled on Sundays could it host an alternate week and host Kotara? Garden Suburb? Administrators need to think big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Does anyone know how some ZPL or ZL clubs will manage physical distancing rules if a comp re starts? Grounds like Kotara, Swansea, Connolly are public space. Is Newcastle Football leaning toward pulling the entire season for their Interdistrict clubs from 6s to Zone? Surely Senior Zone League games could be relocated to grounds with one entry/exit. Not NPL grounds but if Mayfield Girls are cancelled on Sundays could it host an alternate week and host Kotara? Garden Suburb? Administrators need to think big picture.
    I don’t think they pull that big a crowd that people can’t just spread out. Before the lockdown one of the original rules were 500 people in an outdoor area. This would cover it off

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    No plans that I have heard to pull the seasons for U6 through Zone. Once you get to U12's the issues for crowds are the same as Zone. If one comp goes ahead they all will.

I think the biggest issues for social distancing will be the mini-roos games. Going to need to be some big changes in scheduling at some of the bigger clubs to make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    No plans that I have heard to pull the seasons for U6 through Zone. Once you get to U12's the issues for crowds are the same as Zone. If one comp goes ahead they all will.

I think the biggest issues for social distancing will be the mini-roos games. Going to need to be some big changes in scheduling at some of the bigger clubs to make that work.
    The National Cabinet meeting last Friday also said children's sport should be prioritized.
    I'll be interested to see how the plans develop for miniroos, NPL youth & community football.

I'd put money on them all being started at roughly the same time.

I hear some talk of not all 10 teams are going to play in this years comp once it starts back up. Could be a 7 or 8 team comp. Don’t blame any club for pulling out if it’s half a season with no final and clubs still having to pay full freight to the association. Plus all the other restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I hear some talk of not all 10 teams are going to play in this years comp once it starts back up. Could be a 7 or 8 team comp. Don’t blame any club for pulling out if it’s half a season with no final and clubs still having to pay full freight to the association. Plus all the other restriction.
    Big zoom meeting Monday night I'm hearing, yeah I heard a rumour lots of teams looking not certain starters for this year

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Big zoom meeting Monday night I'm hearing, yeah I heard a rumour lots of teams looking not certain starters for this year
    ZPL is blokes that want to play decent football but enjoy the social side. If you can’t have the social side of it the majority of club will lose what makes them special

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Dudley is one pulling out i have heard, not just out of ZPL but all Dudley sides including juniors.
    The other rumour on the weekend is the Suns?? anyone out there confirm or deny?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Dudley is one pulling out i have heard, not just out of ZPL but all Dudley sides including juniors.
    Including juniors? wow. How many of those kids will be looking for clubs in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    It's just the Dudley ZPL and that clubs all age teams. The club based out of Redhead with the ZL3 and juniors is still in ATM. The ZL3 Will make a decision based on tonight's meeting. Although we feel July is too early to start giving the restrictions