Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Geez i was always told 3rd grade would proceed no matter what in some form or another.
    3rd grade have no byes, actually play more games than the others.....as before enough said...
    Doesn't sound like enough said.... How does the 3rd grade comp work? It's another comp inside a comp from what I could see online. Looks like an absolute farce.

How many alternate away and home games do you have with 3rds?

The whole ZPL is a farce really, 7 teams, 3 without 3rds, it dosent help when clubs say, where in, good to play and then pull out. Comp is really irrelevant this year.
    Maybe they should have opened it up to all those who had 3 grades and said those without you drop and no guarantee of ZPL next year, would clubs have found a grade or pulled the pin?
    I think they would have.
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 14-07-2020 at 06:17 AM.

3rds play 14 games, 7 home, 7 away

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Doesn't sound like enough said.... How does the 3rd grade comp work? It's another comp inside a comp from what I could see online. Looks like an absolute farce.

How many alternate away and home games do you have with 3rds?
    You should check out the 3rd Grade comp in ZL1....
    5 teams. You play 14 games.
    This includes 2 friendlies v Reserve Grade teams (3rd grade teams are getting absolutely belted)
    Otherwise you play each other 3rd grade side twice, except you play 1 other 3rd grade side 4 times.

great to see the Suns AA/3rd grade team going well in AA-A comp, playing all there home games before there ZPL side who couldn't put a 3rd grade side together.

Enough said, and people wonder why.....
    Aw Poor darlin u going to be ok?

I’m in the same boat as the hacker
    Suns suck but that 3rds grade comp set up is just horrible, something like 9 Wednesday night games? And only play 3different teams sounds sick..........

Pretty smart by the suns I’ll give them that

Quote Originally Posted by chewyonyaboots View Post
    Aw Poor darlin u going to be ok?

I’m in the same boat as the hacker
    Suns suck but that 3rds grade comp set up is just horrible, something like 9 Wednesday night games? And only play 3different teams sounds sick..........

Pretty smart by the suns I’ll give them that
    I'm OK, thanks for asking.
    its 7 Wednesday night games and its about giving the boys a kick in the end, we all knew the comps were not going to be great from the start, all up its not about pulling out, but when clubs pulled out.

Is that good enough for you chewy?

The third grade situation was always going to be a difficult situation with teams pulling out. Our boys didn't want to play in a comp with four teams. As a club we had an option to either have no third grade team or put together an all age team in a reasonably normal comp. Then the logical thing was to play our home fixtures before our ressies because it was the only time our ground is available.
    Hate all you want, but this was the only way we could keep as many of our boys happy as possible in the difficult circumstances. Sorry if our logic upset you lot.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    The third grade situation was always going to be a difficult situation with teams pulling out. Our boys didn't want to play in a comp with four teams. As a club we had an option to either have no third grade team or put together an all age team in a reasonably normal comp. Then the logical thing was to play our home fixtures before our ressies because it was the only time our ground is available.
    Hate all you want, but this was the only way we could keep as many of our boys happy as possible in the difficult circumstances. Sorry if our logic upset you lot.
    Hate, i have never said that or even implied that, shit you Suns must be paranoid.
    Yes we also looked at that logic, only briefly though, but when clubs said they are in the 3rd grade comp we went with that, only to watch clubs pull out, not just 3rds but the whole comp.
    As said earlier the whole comp is a shambles and really means nothing, i just think some teams took an easy out instead of doing the hard yards and that's my opinion.
    cheers

Hate, i have never said that or even implied that, shit you Suns must be paranoid.
    Yes we also looked at that logic, only briefly though, but when clubs said they are in the 3rd grade comp we went with that, only to watch clubs pull out, not just 3rds but the whole comp.
    As said earlier the whole comp is a shambles and really means nothing, i just think some teams took an easy out instead of doing the hard yards and that's my opinion.
    cheers
    Nobody is paranoid. You started with an antagonistic post and then everyone throws in their two cents. You're the one going to the trouble, stalking all age comps and our results to start a conversation that's irrelevant to you. Move on. It's a disrupted season, stop worrying about what other people are doing.
    I agree other clubs took the easy option out but it can't have been easy getting answers and commitments from all players with the deadlines set. It is what it is this year.

Nobody is paranoid. You started with an antagonistic post and then everyone throws in their two cents. You're the one going to the trouble, stalking all age comps and our results to start a conversation that's irrelevant to you. Move on. It's a disrupted season, stop worrying about what other people are doing.
    I agree other clubs took the easy option out but it can't have been easy getting answers and commitments from all players with the deadlines set. It is what it is this year.
    ohhh Lofty, didn't stalk anyone, someone told me you had a AA-A team, are unbeaten and they were playing in front of ZPL.
    I only asked the question about what was going on and gave my opinion when someone responded, this is a forum after all and the last i checked that's what you do on forum's.
    I didn't bag you or say you suck, like others did, just a question Lofty, just a question, might have been a little antagonistic, but hey its 2020 everything anybody says now is takin as antagonistic.
    cheers see you Saturday, maybe..

ohhh Lofty, didn't stalk anyone, someone told me you had a AA-A team, are unbeaten and they were playing in front of ZPL.
    I only asked the question about what was going on and gave my opinion when someone responded, this is a forum after all and the last i checked that's what you do on forum's.
    I didn't bag you or say you suck, like others did, just a question Lofty, just a question, might have been a little antagonistic, but hey its 2020 everything anybody says now is takin as antagonistic.
    cheers see you Saturday, maybe..
    No worries. Well you know the justification behind it. I'll be there, see you then

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Pretty smart of Suns to be fair. Would have liked to play them in thirds, but sound reasoning. This split teams and thirds playing on different nights thing is a shamozzle. Lucky we don't have suburbs around to stack

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Pretty smart of Suns to be fair. Would have liked to play them in thirds, but sound reasoning. This split teams and thirds playing on different nights thing is a shamozzle. Lucky we don't have suburbs around to stack
    It was purely to allow everyone to get a proper run in the circumstances. We 100% would have preferred to play in the regular third grade comp! Very glad we aren't dealing with mid week games, etc.
    We were also looking forward to a kick with you lads. I'm sure that with two grades against you guys, it will be more than enjoyable for both clubs and neutrals!

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    It was purely to allow everyone to get a proper run in the circumstances. We 100% would have preferred to play in the regular third grade comp! Very glad we aren't dealing with mid week games, etc.
    We were also looking forward to a kick with you lads. I'm sure that with two grades against you guys, it will be more than enjoyable for both clubs and neutrals!
    Pretty jealous we didn't think of it to be honest

Very keen for the Connolly Cup! You guys can have the canteen for both rounds

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Pretty jealous we didn't think of it to be honest

Very keen for the Connolly Cup! You guys can have the canteen for both rounds
    Our third grade game is 3pm at Cooks Hill for that first clash - not ideal!
    I think when Corona passes, we will need to arrange something bigger for the fixture.

Our third grade game is 3pm at Cooks Hill for that first clash - not ideal!
    I think when Corona passes, we will need to arrange something bigger for the fixture.
    I think when Corona passes we all want to see the hatred between the Suns and Dudley return. Best rivalry in Newcastle football with the pure dislike between both clubs. Best game to be a neutral

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I think when Corona passes we all want to see the hatred between the Suns and Dudley return. Best rivalry in Newcastle football with the pure dislike between both clubs. Best game to be a neutral
    So do we. Couldn’t believe they dogged the season. Would have been worth this fixture alone. Next year now!

So do we. Couldn’t believe they dogged the season. Would have been worth this fixture alone. Next year now!
    Lofty, how's Connelly Park looking after the rain this week, do you think we will get on, on Saturday?

Lofty, how's Connelly Park looking after the rain this week, do you think we will get on, on Saturday?
    If your lucky it might have soften the concrete that is Connelly Park

It was completely dry last night and concrete pitch softened up. Will be sweet! Game will be on 100%