Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NEW FM Northern League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I think if you read back through the thread he was responding to the question of someone coming up from ZPL to fill the bye. And his suggestion was Azzurri should fill the spot because they are going to walk in the premiership this year with there star studded lineup against the peanuts in ZPL...
    oppaaaa!!! someone who can actually read and comprehend what is in front of them, gold star for you.

@fozphantom go back and read the thread..... take your time

#avoidthedrop2020
    #italy

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    oppaaaa!!! someone who can actually read and comprehend what is in front of them, gold star for you.

@fozphantom go back and read the thread..... take your time

#avoidthedrop2020
    #italy

Yep. Time already taken when I posted the first time.
    boz opens page 1 with NewFM NL1 thread - so read into that what you will.
    End of pg 1 ZPL gets a mention and straight up criteria is the issue Then you chime in
    with your gf penalty missing mates as an option for nl1. Wants to walk before he can crawl.
    No ground - (#shitPark or Connolly) that makes NL1/NPL criteria (love it or hate it) and no hope of ever filling competitive junior age groups

I'd concentrate on beating Swansea in the first round dude. Cause I can tell you they aren't going to lie down.
    Swansea, Mayfield & Dudley your first 3 games. Oh dear. That should sort the shit from the clay straight up.
    For the record, I talk to a lot of people in local football and they ain't exactly laughing with you with your antics the last few years.
    Geezuz even committee people there at hamilton despise your crap
    So keep up dodging the truth bombs mate and keep the green emoticons cumming. Suits you

Quote Originally Posted by fozphantom View Post
    boz opens page 1 with NewFM NL1 thread - so read into that what you will.
    No issues here, shed some light please

End of pg 1 ZPL gets a mention and straight up criteria is the issue Then you chime in
    with your gf penalty missing mates as an option for nl1. Wants to walk before he can crawl.
    Was good to be playing on the day, not sure you could say the same?

No ground - (#shitPark or Connolly) that makes NL1/NPL criteria (love it or hate it) and no hope of ever filling competitive junior age groups
    Just one of the hurdles we will jump over

I'd concentrate on beating Swansea in the first round dude. Cause I can tell you they aren't going to lie down.Swansea, Mayfield & Dudley your first 3 games. Oh dear. That should sort the shit from the clay straight up.
    easy peazy

For the record, I talk to a lot of people in local football and they ain't exactly laughing with you with your antics the last few years.
    Geezuz even committee people there at hamilton despise your crap
    So keep up dodging the truth bombs mate and keep the green emoticons cumming. Suits you
    Hard to believe people aren't onboard with such a family and community freindly club like ours. The committee comment actually got a lol out of me

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    everyone needs to cut the bitching out - next whinge gets a ban

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    everyone needs to cut the bitching out - next whinge gets a ban
    no whinging here, was somewhat rail roaded whilst trying to join in the conversation.

Thanks!

Then you chime in with your gf penalty missing mates
    rofl. The VB ultras certainly add some colour to any division. Could be the next club into Newfm and get rid of the bye.

Smith Park for Newcastle football centre of excellence. Come on Nelmes get off your hairbrush and camera and sign it up.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Smith Park for Newcastle football centre of excellence. Come on Nelmes get off your hairbrush and camera and sign it up.
    Never going to happen.
    NCC's plan:

• Designate Adamstown No 1, Darling St Oval and Arthur Edden Oval as venues for NPL games
    • Utilise National Park No 2 Sportsground as a venue for NPL games. Prioritise highest level of competition/events in all rectangular field sports when allocating use
    • Ensure infrastructure at these grounds complies with NPL standards
    • Develop a Master Plan to guide development of Arthur Edden Oval as a football centre of excellence and venue for NPL competition games (including possible synthetic surface)
    • Progressively upgrade other grounds - playing surfaces, lighting, amenities, drainage/irrigation - in accordance with criteria to be developed (e.g. budget, designated hierarchy, usage levels, condition audits and code standards)
    • Include football in the development of additional shared use fields as part of new land provision in the western growth corridor.

Ground usage and allocation of grounds to stakeholders should become clear within a couple of weeks. Expect a few draw adjustments in NPL and NL1 and a few plans that will certainly resemble what it is that you suggest here. All though will not be as clear as it currently is, no Cooks Hill and no New Lambton was not part of NNSWFs grand plan. Ask yourself the question, if cash is being thrown around, is it coincidence that Olympic and Magic have all of a sudden embraced WPL? The clubs with a viable WPL and Youth will lead the way off the park in the eyes of those giving grants......

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Ground usage and allocation of grounds to stakeholders should become clear within a couple of weeks. Expect a few draw adjustments in NPL and NL1 and a few plans that will certainly resemble what it is that you suggest here. All though will not be as clear as it currently is, no Cooks Hill and no New Lambton was not part of NNSWFs grand plan. Ask yourself the question, if cash is being thrown around, is it coincidence that Olympic and Magic have all of a sudden embraced WPL? The clubs with a viable WPL and Youth will lead the way off the park in the eyes of those giving grants......
    Of course everyone knows that those two clubs have taken the WPL clubs to get more money.

Though it is a shame that clubs won't have home grounds if just Darling Street, Arthur Edden, Adamstown and #2

Meanwhile Toronto have pulled out of the U13s, U14s and U15s which is a blow for the youth. Surely they should have the players with plenty of feeder clubs. Singleton also pulled out of U16s.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Meanwhile Toronto have pulled out of the U13s, U14s and U15s which is a blow for the youth. Surely they should have the players with plenty of feeder clubs. Singleton also pulled out of U16s.
    You're kidding? Put them out of the NEWFM in all grades. Not good enough.

This is the second time in a few seasons that Toronto have failed to field out teams in all grades.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post

This is the second time in a few seasons that Toronto have failed to field out teams in all grades.
    The whole model is broken there will be more withdrawals once teams in youth start to get hammered week in week out. There is not enough quality youth to go around for that matter probably not enough seniors as well. Northern had a chance to really change it up but did nothing really. Didn’t even move the deck chairs on the boat.

Can pretty much 100% guarantee that Toronto’s “feeder” clubs have teams in those age groups. But the quality is lacking. What coach/club offical could stand by and send kids that are way below the standard into a Premier Club set up. Most teams at those clubs would be mixed with boys and girls and majority of them kids are just in it for the fun.

Realistically, as this has always been the way, now it just happens even earlier (SAP) - the good kids from the Westlakes area are already playing in town at NPL clubs.

And unless NNSW implement a “play where you live” policy I don’t think Toronto, Morisset or Westlakes will ever get to the point of having quality youth teams.

It’s a joke. Newfm should ditch the junior BS as criteria and have the 10 or 12 best senior clubs outside of NPL. As long as the ground is ok it should be on senior teams. This way the comp wouldn’t be a joke and a 2 horse race each year. When the top teams in ZPL can beat and draw the top Newfm teams each preseason and don’t bother playing the lower ones cause it’s no completion the comps broken

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Can pretty much 100% guarantee that Toronto’s “feeder” clubs have teams in those age groups. But the quality is lacking. What coach/club offical could stand by and send kids that are way below the standard into a Premier Club set up. Most teams at those clubs would be mixed with boys and girls and majority of them kids are just in it for the fun.

Realistically, as this has always been the way, now it just happens even earlier (SAP) - the good kids from the Westlakes area are already playing in town at NPL clubs.

And unless NNSW implement a “play where you live” policy I don’t think Toronto, Morisset or Westlakes will ever get to the point of having quality youth teams.
    That’s how it was when I was a kid, I had a choice of 4 clubs in my area, it worked then, some quality players from my era

Toronto Awaba have drew Cessnock, defeated Apia and lost close games with NPL clubs Valo and lakes, so we are fine in the seniors it’s when you are so far down the youth system, say 11 npl teams and 5 newfm teams ( for argument sake ) that’s 16 x 13 kids already elsewhere at each age group, kid number 200 in the pecking order has no intention of playing in a higher level. And would rather just play for the junior clubs. Toronto tried hard including contacts, meetings and sessions with the Morisett 14s side, only to learn half didn’t want to play at a higher level, some had already signed at other clubs outside the area and some just weren’t good enough for newfm anyway. Toronto midfield this year will consist of three Toronto juniors, but all three went through NPL youth and grade before coming back, but all just still 21 so that’s where the future starts at Toronto at the moment. The 16-21 age bracket ... not u13.... the club turns 100 next year so once they find an aggressive youth coordinator they will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    That’s how it was when I was a kid, I had a choice of 4 clubs in my area, it worked then, some quality players from my era
    Bring it back then, the area would be very strong.

So where are the youth teams from last year? Why have those kids walked? Cost? Culture? Surely all those Toronto teams didn't finish last in 2019.

NEWFM needs youth grades. The talent pool, is too small and it needs growing. It will take time, but a strong second tier youth league is as important as a strong senior second tier league.

If Toronto (or anyone else for that matter) can't field the teams, open the spot to a ZPL side that can.

So where are the youth teams from last year? Why have those kids walked? Cost? Culture? Surely all those Toronto teams didn't finish last in 2019.

NEWFM needs youth grades. The talent pool, is too small and it needs growing. It will take time, but a strong second tier youth league is as important as a strong senior second tier league.

If Toronto (or anyone else for that matter) can't field the teams, open the spot to a ZPL side that can.
    Youth teams in NPL only get rid of it in League 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Youth teams in NPL only get rid of it in League 1
    If you do, you will never get promotion and relegation from NPL. The NPL clubs would scream blue murder if the kids they had spent years on upped and left to a newly promoted second tier club because first grade got them demoted.

Imagine an Olympic, Magic, Jaffas etc getting demoted from NPL for, say a South Cardiff or Wallsend, and having all four youth teams walk out the door to go to the newly promoted club. They would never agree.

Without youth grades, there will never be promotion and relegation into NPL.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen