Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NEW FM Northern League 1 thread

Well done to New Lambton for winning the comp though not a full one and New Lambton got to play some of the shitty teams twice. Good to see someone else win for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Well done to New Lambton for winning the comp though not a full one and New Lambton got to play some of the shitty teams twice. Good to see someone else win for a change.
    Well done but.....

Is that the same for all clubs who did well this year?

Is it the excuse others will use who didn’t go so well when expected otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Well done but.....

Is that the same for all clubs who did well this year?

Is it the excuse others will use who didn’t go so well when expected otherwise?
    Probably, depends on the individual circumstance of the team that won.

And probably a good excuse for those teams that didn't finish where they would've had everyone played each other twice and youth having to deal with no replays for washouts.

Good semis today. What a shame they were played on a goat track

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Good semis today. What a shame they were played on a goat track
    Howe was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Howe was it?
    Yeah, not conducive to good football at all. A shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Yeah, not conducive to good football at all. A shame really.
    Any results

Kahibah won the 18s and lost the first grade. Not sure on the reserve outcome as I left the gorund for a time.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Banned
    Go Cookers

Kahibah apparently played an illegitimate player in reserve grade Semi on weekend in their win against New Lambton - now losing their automatic place in GF? 0-3 loss
    Hearing they now play Southy on weekend and NL given a spot in the GF.
    Last edited by Barry Dawson; 21-10-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Kahibah apparently played an illegitimate player in reserve grade Semi on weekend in their win against New Lambton - now losing their automatic place in GF? 0-3 loss
    Hearing they now play Southy on weekend and NL given a spot in the GF.
    In reserves? Northern yet to update the results if true.

Also not the first time Kahibah have played ineligible players, three years in a row a senior Kahibah team has been caught out at least once

Hearing they now play Southy on the weekend and NL given a spot in the GF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    In reserves? Northern yet to update the results if true.

Also not the first time Kahibah have played ineligible players, three years in a row a senior Kahibah team has been caught out at least once
    There was a spreadsheet available this year (and previous??) titled 'Northern NSW Finals calculator' (Author - Liam Bentley)
    It had columns for 13s to 1st grade and it automatically calculated a players qualification for finals based on a percentage of games played.
    I was sent this via our club secretary but I believe it was either sent to or available to all clubs.

It became academic with our 18s and Ressies missing out to require it but if a club has more than 1 grade in finals, using this would be a great safety net
    and would clarify a player's finals eligibility that can't be disputed.
    I'll be including the data entry on this sheet after every weekend next season when the team sheets roll in to keep on top of it.

That this can still happen these days.

I dont know what its like now back in Australia.

Here in switzerland we have a system where you need to fill out the team sheet online via certain system before the game (there are deadlines up to when this needs to be filled out). Ofcourse you have the chance to change the lineup i.e player unable to play and then call someone up. or starting line up changes on the print out.

in the system you are unable to select players for the team sheet that are ineligable for various reasons including (intern club suspension e.g not paying yearly fee) to suspensions from yellow cards etc.

All fairly straightforward and this information is then also used on the Football Federations website for results etc.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    There was a spreadsheet available this year (and previous??) titled 'Northern NSW Finals calculator' (Author - Liam Bentley)
    It had columns for 13s to 1st grade and it automatically calculated a players qualification for finals based on a percentage of games played.
    I was sent this via our club secretary but I believe it was either sent to or available to all clubs.

It became academic with our 18s and Ressies missing out to require it but if a club has more than 1 grade in finals, using this would be a great safety net
    and would clarify a player's finals eligibility that can't be disputed.
    I'll be including the data entry on this sheet after every weekend next season when the team sheets roll in to keep on top of it.
    I believe there need be no safety net. The responsibility of broadcasting suspensions and non-eligibility to clubs lies solely on the federation, and there is no excuse otherwise.

All players should be eligible to play, unless given proper notice by the federation that they are not allowed to play.

If the federation cannot govern their own competitions, they need to look at themselves and their own system rather than throw the blame and responsibility at anyone else. Clubs should not be subject to poor external governance, and feel blamed and get punished for that, particularly after the fact.
    OK

I want to give Toronto Awaba a wrap ( I know, surprise, surprise ) but compared to previous years it has been a pretty productive year, first grade were in contention right up to a couple of games before semis, reserve grade at least competitive, our 18s minor premiership and now in the big dance, only losing one game all year. Coaching staff like piggott, bowling, cowburn etc and as far as I know all hanging around next year. Pretty much had three squads all year as opposed to previous years when players were playing three games, and a heap of locals that are all mates in first grade, couple of experienced heads in key positions next year and it’s been a huge stepping stone.
    Last edited by GO AWAY; 22-10-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    I want to give Toronto Awaba a wrap ( I know, surprise, surprise ) but compared to previous years it has been a pretty productive year, first grade were in contention right up to a couple of games before semis, reserve grade at least competitive, our 18s minor premiership and now in the big dance, only losing one game all year. Coaching staff like piggott, bowling, cowburn etc and as far as I know all hanging around next year. Pretty much had three squads all year as opposed to previous years when players were playing three games, and a heap of locals that are all mates in first grade, couple of experienced heads in key positions next year and it’s been a huge stepping stone.
    Still no junior teams though which is pretty poor considering you have a large catchment area, this can’t happen next season surety NNSWF will relegate the club if they cannot maintain their responsibilities

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Still no junior teams though which is pretty poor considering you have a large catchment area, this can’t happen next season surety NNSWF will relegate the club if they cannot maintain their responsibilities
    Can't let someone be positive without criticism?
    Toronto only failed to field 13-15's and in a COVID affected preparation.
    They managed to field all these age groups last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Onwards and upwards, I hope they make further progress next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Can't let someone be positive without criticism?
    Toronto only failed to field 13-15's and in a COVID affected preparation.
    They managed to field all these age groups last year.
    Only speaking the truth, no juniors last year as well, other clubs are working hard to support 7 grades physically and financially yet it’s not an even playing field, Not criticising just stating actual fact, you can’t let me have an opinion with out bagging my comment, you must have been an under achiever your entire life without working hard like all other clubs have done, move on Aegon and respect those in the know, it is a forum remember opinions are allowed

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Only speaking the truth, no juniors last year as well, other clubs are working hard to support 7 grades physically and financially yet it’s not an even playing field, Not criticising just stating actual fact, you can’t let me have an opinion with out bagging my comment, you must have been an under achiever your entire life without working hard like all other clubs have done, move on Aegon and respect those in the know, it is a forum remember opinions are allowed
    Now it's personal insults, ahhh the internet where people are free to say things they wouldn't have the guts to say in person.