Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2020 NEW FM Northern League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    So the only thing double header about it is the same neutral venue....?
    Interesting idea, wonder why?
    Playing matches on same day could increase crowds and make sense. Not sure playing separate days at a neutral venue would do much to increase the status of games.
    Is it a “treat” to play on these grounds for the various clubs I wonder?
    Clubs would be throwing money away I believe not playing at home

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Clubs would be throwing money away I believe not playing at home
    Yeah agreed.
    Making assumptions here, I’m sure some here are more in the know, but I assume they aren’t getting canteen sales, no or split admissions, maybe not a big deal for home supporters given its cooks hill and new lambton as home teams. So clubs lose out $$. NNSWF lose out money (hope it’s not clubs footing the bills).

Just not sure what they are trying to achieve here other than branding it as a “double header” because they got a good deal to hire the ground for the whole weekend.

Play some juniors in the morning, encourage their attendance to stay, get the Jets there in some Capacity, make a festival day about it, introduce some novelty to proceedings.

Not being 100% neggy for the sake of it, but can anybody see any positives about this?

So the only thing double header about it is the same neutral venue....?
    Interesting idea, wonder why?
    Playing matches on same day could increase crowds and make sense. Not sure playing separate days at a neutral venue would do much to increase the status of games.
    Is it a “treat” to play on these grounds for the various clubs I wonder?
    My guess is it's just ground access - Cooks Hill and New Lambton both play at shared grounds, and summer season doesn't end until 31 March.

Quote Originally Posted by TauZero View Post
    My guess is it's just ground access - Cooks Hill and New Lambton both play at shared grounds, and summer season doesn't end until 31 March.
    Cooks Hill dont have a pitch in the middle? not sure about Alder Park, good pick up, but cant see that being a concern.
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 17-12-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Shared with athletics perhaps rather than cricket?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

We're almost certain to have our irrigation going in on Athfield in the New Year - hence the 'home' game Rnd 1 over the road, BYE, 3 away games then back at Athfield on May Day.
    Makes a change for the 8 outta 1st 10 rounds at home 2018, 6 straight at home last year and 6 outta 9 at home (inc BYE) this season gone.

We have a good relationship with Athletics (NAFMI) on usage and maintenance levels and always try to work with, rather than against each other.

(hope it’s not clubs footing the bills).
    It's not going to be Northern

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    We're almost certain to have our irrigation going in on Athfield in the New Year - hence the 'home' game Rnd 1 over the road, BYE, 3 away games then back at Athfield on May Day.
    Makes a change for the 8 outta 1st 10 rounds at home 2018, 6 straight at home last year and 6 outta 9 at home (inc BYE) this season gone.

We have a good relationship with Athletics (NAFMI) on usage and maintenance levels and always try to work with, rather than against each other.
    Seems South Cardiff got given that honour this time 7 of the first 11 are home

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    It's not going to be Northern
    Yehhh that’s been determined now.
    At the time of post it was unknown what the reason was for the “double header”

Yehhh that’s been determined now.
    At the time of post it was unknown what the reason was for the “double header”
    What is the reason?