Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Exactly, I Dontknow what Dontknowmuch was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Exactly, I Dontknow what Dontknowmuch was thinking
    Maybe he Dontknowmuch

How many clubs will loose volunteers from this extended break, some will realise how much work they do and what goes into running a club and think twice about jumping back in, just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Maybe he Dontknowmuch
    For the Morons of the group what I said is if Community Football is played in an extended format then there will be no issues with grounds as cricket will have adjusted their start times therefore grounds won't be used by cricket therefore there will be no issues with grounds. Cricket will will move their start dates, heard it hear 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    NPL is not the A League, if community football does not get played then NPL, SAP, NL1 etc wont get played either. If community football gets played then there will be no issues with grounds for any clubs.
    For the moron in the group, show me in your post where you say IF community football is played in an extended period and do you honestly think cricket will put its season back, meaning their finals would run into winter and clash with league grounds ike Cahill Oval, Harker Oval, Passmore Oval to name a few

For the Morons of the group what I said is if Community Football is played in an extended format then there will be no issues with grounds as cricket will have adjusted their start times therefore grounds won't be used by cricket therefore there will be no issues with grounds. Cricket will will move their start dates, heard it hear 1st.
    Sort of right the maximum that councils will move is one month. So football would need to be completed at grounds that are also cricket grounds where turf and synthetic wickets are by 31st October our club met with Council this week and that will be the standard across all Councils. Have a mate on Central Coast and they already have that in writing for their council.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Sort of right the maximum that councils will move is one month. So football would need to be completed at grounds that are also cricket grounds where turf and synthetic wickets are by 31st October our club met with Council this week and that will be the standard across all Councils. Have a mate on Central Coast and they already have that in writing for their council.
    What council is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    What council is that?
    Lake Mac

Cricketers are a tough group.

They protect their game staunchly and will more than like give no allowance if pushed.

For the moron in the group, show me in your post where you say IF community football is played in an extended period and do you honestly think cricket will put its season back, meaning their finals would run into winter and clash with league grounds ike Cahill Oval, Harker Oval, Passmore Oval to name a few
    How else would community football get played if the season doesn't get extended, maybe I should have dumbed it down for you. And yes cricket will move, Harker Oval have cricket over league? please. Never said our next season would start as normal may take a few years to get back to what we know as normal.

Both Senior and Youth NPL can be played year round if required. As for next season and trials for next season they can be organised once this season finishes. 10 team comp only needs 18 rounds this can be done in 15 weeks with a few mid week rounds. Still 18 week season and 4 weeks for finals that is a 22 weeks so if the season can start in before Mid July the season will be completed before Christmas. Yes I know Youth NPL have more teams but teams out of the Hunter region may have to be losers in this shorten season.

No Cricket 9
    Magic - Magic Park, Jaffas - Arthur Edden, Olympic - Darling St, Adamstown - Adamstown Oval, Weston - Weston Park, Edgeworth - Jack McLaughlin Oval , Azzurri - Lisle Carr Oval, Lake Macquarie - Macquarie Field, Maitland - Cook Square Park
    Cricket 1 (Synthetic Saturday Only - Junior Cricket Saturday Morning and C&S competition is Saturday afternoon) Football can be played Sunday
    Valentine - CB Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Both Senior and Youth NPL can be played year round if required. As for next season and trials for next season they can be organised once this season finishes. 10 team comp only needs 18 rounds this can be done in 15 weeks with a few mid week rounds. Still 18 week season and 4 weeks for finals that is a 22 weeks so if the season can start in before Mid July the season will be completed before Christmas. Yes I know Youth NPL have more teams but teams out of the Hunter region may have to be losers in this shorten season.

No Cricket 9
    Magic - Magic Park, Jaffas - Arthur Edden, Olympic - Darling St, Adamstown - Adamstown Oval, Weston - Weston Park, Edgeworth - Jack McLaughlin Oval , Azzurri - Lisle Carr Oval, Lake Macquarie - Macquarie Field, Maitland - Cook Square Park
    Cricket 1 (Synthetic Saturday Only - Junior Cricket Saturday Morning and C&S competition is Saturday afternoon) Football can be played Sunday
    Valentine - CB Complex
    Yep Npl will work. Even Npl youth should get finished. Others wont.

Maybe a little bit of ground sharing to push it over the line.

These late rounds can also be used as scouting for next year.

How else would community football get played if the season doesn't get extended, maybe I should have dumbed it down for you. And yes cricket will move, Harker Oval have cricket over league? please. Never said our next season would start as normal may take a few years to get back to what we know as normal.
    You can dumb it down as much as you like, at the end of the day I honestly think that if we get a season in, it will be the second half of the year and if this is the case NPL and NPL youth will have access to their grounds and will get a season in..
    Unfortunately, and I hope I am wrong, I don't think there will be enough access to grounds for community football, there are just so many teams. Like I said, I hope I am wrong, especially for all of the kids busting to play

How many clubs in NL1 share with cricket? Southy, Thornton come to mind - not sure about any others?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    How many clubs in NL1 share with cricket? Southy, Thornton come to mind - not sure about any others?
    Kahibah, Singleton, New Lambton,

If any, only NPL senior will play, see you next year for all others

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Yeah I agree ForeverRed. Should boost crowd attendance you would expect if this is the case

Yeah I agree ForeverRed. Should boost crowd attendance you would expect if this is the case
    Why’s that. I’m sure everyone that plays the other division aren’t going to flock to games. Most people only worried about their own club or division. I wouldn’t pay $10 to go and watch some ordinary teams like Lakes, Valo etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Why’s that. I’m sure everyone that plays the other division aren’t going to flock to games. Most people only worried about their own club or division. I wouldn’t pay $10 to go and watch some ordinary teams like Lakes, Valo etc
    Fair call Hacker, just thought people would be wanting to watch some football. In my experience over the years, there seems to be a lot more people at the Magic Olympic Edgy Azzurri games when they don't clash with when people are playing there own games.
    Magic and Olympic attract a lot of their Id players and fans and Azzurri tend to get a lot of the Dudley players and supporters up there over the last few years.
    I could be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post

I disagree. I think if any, only NPL youth will play. I can’t see clubs wanting to pay seniors who don’t pay any rego for some kind of condensed competition while simultaneously refunding 4 grades of youth team rego to loads of unhappy parents.

Any form of youth competition will allow them to keep all that rego money and lets face it, the interest in northern NPL isn’t bringing in any substantial revenue