Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1073

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    Luke Vallon has not signed at Olympic (was playing for Edgeworth on the weekend against the jets).

Dino Faj has not signed at jaffas but have heard he is talking to other clubs

Johnny Maj is in talks with Lakes & Jaffas.

Ben Hay & Bailey Garland have also signed with jaffas alongside Reece Papas and with Bradbury to stay there, plus the edition of Numov to the coaching staff, they look pretty strong for next year, key word “on paper”

Ryan Clarke to stay at Maitland

& Sterrey gone from Edgeworth
    Couple of players going to be unhappy at jaffas when they aren't starting/ having to push into reserve grade to get game time.

Braedyn Crowley to Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Braedyn Crowley to Melbourne
    Crowley and wood gone now. Will be a long year for maitland

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Crowley and wood gone now. Will be a long year for maitland
    Add to that Trott retired, one Swan definitely out long term, Davies to Olympic, Comferford coming back from 2nd major injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Add to that Trott retired, one Swan definitely out long term, Davies to Olympic, Comferford coming back from 2nd major injury.
    Their exits definitely outweigh their new signings, only one of note so far is Alex Reid.

I know it's early but based on new signings so far and player movements. What are we thinking the table will look like next year?

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    I know it's early but based on new signings so far and player movements. What are we thinking the table will look like next year?
    Lakes to win the comp

I’ll be shocked if Magic don’t win it next season.
    Other than that, business as usual.
    Edgy, Olympic, Jaffas, Charlestown and Maitland jostling.
    Adamstown, Lakes and Valentines biding their time.

Based on nothing other than the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’ll be shocked if Magic don’t win it next season.
    Other than that, business as usual.
    Edgy, Olympic, Jaffas, Charlestown and Maitland jostling.
    Adamstown, Lakes and Valentines biding their time.

Based on nothing other than the last 5 years.
    Olympic won’t be any where near the semis.
    Super lucky last season, no papas there and no big signings.

Guess we will see....in 10 months time.

Agree. It amazes me how they did end up finishing 3rd considering they couldn’t beat magic, Edgeworth, Azzurri or Jaffas throughout the season.
    I guess that does show how important it is to beat the lower teams. I suppose doing the double on Maitland was the defying moment for them.
    I do think they will struggle with losing 3 of their best players for 2021 in Nate, Papas & Faj.. The signings they have Brought in are nothing special.
    Maybe Griff can prove me wrong with an amazing first year of coaching..

Anyone know when the comp is expected to start? Or have northern not released that yet?

Their exits definitely outweigh their new signings, only one of note so far is Alex Reid.
    Of note ???

Magic Are specials to win, Rosebud specials for the spoon, apart from that all other teams will be pretty even. Will depend on what signings happen between now and mid season and also injuries and a bit of luck. For what it’s worth my early tips

Magic
    Charlestown
    Jaffa’s
    Maitland
    Edgeworth
    Lakes
    Olympic
    Weston
    Valentine
    Rosebud
    Last edited by LongSufferingFan; 27-11-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Of note ???
    Sorry by note I mean players who have been regular first graders at other clubs.

Sorry by note I mean players who have been regularregular first graders at other clubs.
    Chris Fayers Charlie Cox Lachlan Watson have all played a fair bit of 1st grade. A few of their young players like Joe O'Connor Sam Webb and Dylan Boz had good semi final series so may step up next season.
    Biggest losses will definitely be Crowley and Trott

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Magic Are specials to win, Rosebud specials for the spoon, apart from that all other teams will be pretty even. Will depend on what signings happen between now and mid season and also injuries and a bit of luck. For what it’s worth my early tips

Magic
    Charlestown
    Jaffa’s
    Maitland
    Edgeworth
    Lakes
    Olympic
    Weston
    Valentine
    Rosebud
    Lakes above Olympic and Weston, love your loyalty, what do you know that we don’t ?

Must be some new blood coming in, can’t move up the table with the same cattle, need speed up front and some aggression in the back, 2020 defence was ordinary and position on table reflected this

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Lakes above Olympic and Weston, love your loyalty, what do you know that we don’t ?

Must be some new blood coming in, can’t move up the table with the same cattle, need speed up front and some aggression in the back, 2020 defence was ordinary and position on table reflected this
    Have added Nick Cowburn and Johnny Maj which will definitely strengthen them

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post

Adding Majorovski and Maguire to Berlin and Charlesworth is a decent forward line. Throw Cowburn into midfield and Lakes start to look threatening.
    Weston need new blood but have locked up 20 PPS points by signing Plant. This will limit other options for them.
    Olympic aren’t planning any major recruitment as far as I know, and while Griffo is football royalty in Newie the jury is out on his man management skills.
    Valentine always underachieve, can’t see why that will be any different next year.
    Adamstown aren’t up to The standard of other teams and don’t seem to want to do much about it.
    Edgy and Maitland I think will both struggle with key player loses but should have enough quality to make semis.
    Charlestown and Jaffa’s should both be strong again but won’t be able to compete with a much more professional looking Magic with Zane and his entourage replacing Richards as coach.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Adding Majorovski and Maguire to Berlin and Charlesworth is a decent forward line. Throw Cowburn into midfield and Lakes start to look threatening.
    Weston need new blood but have locked up 20 PPS points by signing Plant. This will limit other options for them.
    Olympic aren’t planning any major recruitment as far as I know, and while Griffo is football royalty in Newie the jury is out on his man management skills.
    Valentine always underachieve, can’t see why that will be any different next year.
    Adamstown aren’t up to The standard of other teams and don’t seem to want to do much about it.
    Edgy and Maitland I think will both struggle with key player loses but should have enough quality to make semis.
    Charlestown and Jaffa’s should both be strong again but won’t be able to compete with a much more professional looking Magic with Zane and his entourage replacing Richards as coach.
    If that’s Lakes forward line they will go ok on Friday night in o35’s