Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    At Azzurri
    1st grade Maitland beat Azzurri 5-4 pens
    Reserve Maitland beat Buds 5-4 pens
    Both keepers were out standing .enjoyable game to watch

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Probably one of the better games I’ve seen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    I heard Magic were convincing winners over Olympic 3-1 can anyone at the game comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    I heard Magic were convincing winners over Olympic 3-1 can anyone at the game comment.
    Olympic didn’t really create anything until the last 10 minutes after it was 3-0. Impressive performance from Magic.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    If Magic play next week like they did last night they will push Edgeworth all the way. If Olympic play next week like they did last night they won’t push Maitland all the way. Question is will they both perform the same next week? Good time to play the game this time of year with a good quality fast paced match and as always a great atmosphere at Magic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    If Magic play next week like they did last night they will push Edgeworth all the way. If Olympic play next week like they did last night they won’t push Maitland all the way. Question is will they both perform the same next week? Good time to play the game this time of year with a good quality fast paced match and as always a great atmosphere at Magic Park.
    Atmosphere was great at Azzurri as well. Haven't seen a crowd like that there for years. Can't see Maitland troubling Olympic next week, they are one busted up team.
    Incredible how they won last night, their gk was outstanding

Atmosphere was great at Azzurri as well. Haven't seen a crowd like that there for years. Can't see Maitland troubling Olympic next week, they are one busted up team.
    Yes good backs to the wall effort by Maitland and I imagine will show a bit more at home next week just a little bit one dimensional up front when Fajkovic has an average night.

Yes good backs to the wall effort by Maitland and I imagine will show a bit more at home next week just a little bit one dimensional up front when Fajkovic has an average night.
    Of course that’s Olympic at home next week.

Great night at Azzurri and hats off to Law. Not sure many thought Azzurri would be that decent this year. Interesting to see what happens with a few older players like Tull, Goodchild etc wether they go around again or the coach looks to bring in some younger kids

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Great night at Azzurri and hats off to Law. Not sure many thought Azzurri would be that decent this year. Interesting to see what happens with a few older players like Tull, Goodchild etc wether they go around again or the coach looks to bring in some younger kids
    Great season for Azzurri, though I’m sure they’ll feel disappointed after yesterday, and also Olympic. Massive flops Lambton not copping anywhere near the amount of flak that Valo has been.

Great season for Azzurri, though I’m sure they’ll feel disappointed after yesterday, and also Olympic. Massive flops Lambton not copping anywhere near the amount of flak that Valo has been.
    Pascoe shouldn't retain the job , on the squad at his disposal , to not make the top 5 is a woefully poor season

Pascoe shouldn't retain the job , on the squad at his disposal , to not make the top 5 is a woefully poor season
    This is an understatement.

He is the master of laying the blame somewhere else. His comments in the paper are always directed at injuries, bad luck, standing by his players etc. The appointment of Bobby Naumov (spelling?) is one that will probably help the jaffas.

To be honest, Pascoe would probably make a good politician.

yes good backs to the wall effort by maitland and i imagine will show a bit more at home next week just a little bit one dimensional up front when fajkovic has an average night.
    faj- 1 dimensional-average
    summed up well

Elimination semi
    Olympic 3 Maitland 1
    Can't see Maitland being able to beat Olympic this weekend, with all of their injuries and backing up after 120 minutes against Azzurri

Qualifying semi
    Edgeworth 2 Magic 0
    Edgeworth best side by a fair way this year. So well drilled defensively that I can't see them conceding

Elimination semi
    Olympic 3 Maitland 1
    Can't see Maitland being able to beat Olympic this weekend, with all of their injuries and backing up after 120 minutes against Azzurri

Qualifying semi
    Edgeworth 2 Magic 0
    Edgeworth best side by a fair way this year. So well drilled defensively that I can't see them conceding
    Olympic going to have to play a whole lot better then they did on Saturday for that to come true.

Definitely agree with Edgeworth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Because there’s more to football than having a complying facility. If only it were so simple.

I’d rather pay $10 (or a bit more) to watch a cracking game of quality football, than pay the same and sit in a shiny stand watching numpties get their ass handed to them 9-0.
    Northern clearly don't see it that way. Though the Edgeworth fans would've enjoyed watching it a couple weeks ago

Have heard from someone who heard from someone else that Nate Cavaliere has signed for magic. Going to be real popular around Olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Have heard from someone who heard from someone else that Nate Cavaliere has signed for magic. Going to be real popular around Olympic.
    heard the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Especially when he had already recommitted to Olympic.
    Also heard that Kale Bradbury and Will Bower had signed with Magic before reneging and staying with their current clubs

"heard from someone who heard from someone else" .... seems legit