Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Do Cookers know something we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Do Cookers know something we don't?
    Didn't someone mention promotion/relegation from next season a few weeks ago.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by harrymaguire12 View Post
    heard some rumours that there is promotion and relegation from next season. Can anyone confirm this or is it all just wind in the air?
    sounds like the fix is in. Well done Harrys Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    There are a few from Jaffa's heading to Cooks Hill chasing the big $$$ on offer there from what i am hearing, kids rego fees will need to be lifted to pay for the 1st grade players coming in on huge match fee's. Bit sad really.
    Because it’s worked so well for Jaffa$. Hopefully Tanch doesn’t send them down the same path as Azzuri

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    There are a few from Jaffa's heading to Cooks Hill chasing the big $$$ on offer there from what i am hearing, kids rego fees will need to be lifted to pay for the 1st grade players coming in on huge match fee's. Bit sad really.
    Maybe they have sponsors and the kids fees won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    Maybe they have sponsors and the kids fees won't change.
    They have over 1000 juniors only need to snip each kid $20 and call it ‘inflation’

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    They have over 1000 juniors only need to snip each kid $20 and call it ‘inflation’
    Sure, I'd think a lot of those families would be happy to support their clubs quest to play in the NPL. A worthwhile goal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Because it’s worked so well for Jaffa$. Hopefully Tanch doesn’t send them down the same path as Azzuri
    I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here? Tancheski had Azzurri on the right path, internal politics that stemmed from outside of football matters undid years of good work at the club. TBH they are doing remarkably well this season considering the club turmoil at the end of last year,

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    Sure, I'd think a lot of those families would be happy to support their clubs quest to play in the NPL. A worthwhile goal IMO.
    90% of the parents whose kids just play community football at cooks wouldn’t give a toss about NPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here? Tancheski had Azzurri on the right path, internal politics that stemmed from outside of football matters undid years of good work at the club. TBH they are doing remarkably well this season considering the club turmoil at the end of last year,
    For example - what did Lubo bring for the $$$? The team today looks very different and assume the total spend is also very different. All politics aside.

All I am saying is this coach has a history of spending up big and in an environment where sponsor $$$ are hard to come by, I am not sure that Cookers ID parents are going to be happy forking our extra to pay for these extras.

I wish Cookers well I really do, but at what cost?

I’d be pissed if I was a cookers player who is involved this year fighting for minor premiership AGAIN, do they need to spend big money on players coming to a team that’s already successful ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Cmon retro weigh in to this debate and set everyone straight. Cookers are keen for NPL? Have you sponsors on board?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    I’d be pissed if I was a cookers player who is involved this year fighting for minor premiership AGAIN, do they need to spend big money on players coming to a team that’s already successful ?
    I understand the sediment. Though the difference between NPL and the second tier is pretty large. Even if you compare the mid to lower-tier teams in the NPL to the second tier there will be a difference.

The second tier promoted team has to bring in players. And bringing in 1-3 NPL quality players before you get promoted (not sure if a promotion is on the table for next season) is a good idea IMO.

If Cooks Hill gets promoted for next season they will need 3-5 new players minimum. And the players they keep will have to be in better shape to compete in a more athletic comp.

It's no different when NPL teams play A-League teams. The difference is pretty big even though the scoreline doesn't reflect it at times.

Another example is the championship to the premier league. Championship teams almost always spend good money and struggle.

Going up a tier is always more difficult than people think.

That's my opinion.

Well, it certainly was interesting reading there and seeing peoples perceptions of our club.
    I'm not on the Executive committee anymore (just our NewFM committee) but am fairly informed about movements in the NPL direction.

We don't have "1000's of juniors" and the comments about plundering Juniors rego's probably says more about other club's practices than ours.
    We have financial controls in place and one of our sponsors is a reputible accounting firm reporting to the Exec committee which has representatives
    right across the club. I do believe we're fairly unique in our structure and I'm not aware of any other club bar New Lambton? in the area that has an Exec committee that covers
    Miniroos right up to their NL1/NPL teams.

It's no secret about our NPL aspirations but it's public knowledge that with the last NPL applications, a majority of clubs in NL1 went through the proccess too
    last year.

As far as sponsors go, I'm not privey to any developments in that Dept but I asked our president about a budget being set for next year and that was part of the agreement
    with the new coach coming onboard. I don't think the budget is much different to what Graham Law had to work with during his tenure either.
    The pandemic has certainly had an influence on this as well.

It stands as new era for CHUFC no doubt and there are likely playing roster changes afoot. We've had loosely 5 year epochs since we entered ID3's in 2000.
    The last 6yrs in NewFM have been helpful in building towards NLP and next season will be the 7th. That's a been good span of time to assess our viability with such a big step up from NL1.
    I had a discussion about new players with Doug recently and I specifically told him I don't want to know anything and would like to be pleasantly surprised about any new players coming in.
    Personally, I'll believe it when I start approving names in PlayFootball, SportsTG and spreadsheets when rego time comes around 2021...

No Cookers incarnation, past or obviously present has been in the local top division, so maybe, we're boldly going where no Cookers have ever gone before.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Well, it certainly was interesting reading there and seeing peoples perceptions of our club.
    I'm not on the Executive committee anymore (just our NewFM committee) but am fairly informed about movements in the NPL direction.

We don't have "1000's of juniors" and the comments about plundering Juniors rego's probably says more about other club's practices than ours.
    We have financial controls in place and one of our sponsors is a reputible accounting firm reporting to the Exec committee which has representatives
    right across the club. I do believe we're fairly unique in our structure and I'm not aware of any other club bar New Lambton? in the area that has an Exec committee that covers
    Miniroos right up to their NL1/NPL teams.

It's no secret about our NPL aspirations but it's public knowledge that with the last NPL applications, a majority of clubs in NL1 went through the proccess too
    last year.

As far as sponsors go, I'm not privey to any developments in that Dept but I asked our president about a budget being set for next year and that was part of the agreement
    with the new coach coming onboard. I don't think the budget is much different to what Graham Law had to work with during his tenure either.
    The pandemic has certainly had an influence on this as well.

It stands as new era for CHUFC no doubt and there are likely playing roster changes afoot. We've had loosely 5 year epochs since we entered ID3's in 2000.
    The last 6yrs in NewFM have been helpful in building towards NLP and next season will be the 7th. That's a been good span of time to assess our viability with such a big step up from NL1.
    I had a discussion about new players with Doug recently and I specifically told him I don't want to know anything and would like to be pleasantly surprised about any new players coming in.
    Personally, I'll believe it when I start approving names in PlayFootball, SportsTG and spreadsheets when rego time comes around 2021...

No Cookers incarnation, past or obviously present has been in the local top division, so maybe, we're boldly going where no Cookers have ever gone before.
    Looks and sounds like the club has some really switched on people involved. Wishing you all the best. Whats the ground situation looking like for Cooks Hill. Is there plans to move away from the Athletics track in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Hullo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    Looks and sounds like the club has some really switched on people involved. Wishing you all the best. Whats the ground situation looking like for Cooks Hill. Is there plans to move away from the Athletics track in the future?
    Broadmeadow,Hamilton,Adamstown,Lambton and Cooks Hill? Don't think so.

There will be no promotion for the foreseeable future... and if there was, clubs would be given 12 months notice... not till 2023 at earliest, clubs will not like going to a 11 team comp just to promote Cookers, that extra 2 weeks of match payments will be too much for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Broadmeadow,Hamilton,Adamstown,Lambton and Cooks Hill? Don't think so.
    Buds a shadow of their former days. Magic, Olympic, Jaffas and Cookers possible although I hear there are a few of the current successful Cookers from recent seasons not interested in NPL. Time to move aside perhaps.