Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    From what I understand -

teams are grouped every 2 positions on the ladder.
    1-2
    3-4
    5-6
    7-8
    9-10

To make up the rest of the comp rounds you'll be pooled with one team from each group.

For example if it was all odds:

Edgy, Olympic, Jaffas, Azzurri & Rosebuds will be in one pool and play all the teams once to close out the rest of the regular season fixtures.
    Thanks. I thought season was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    So you have intimate knowledge of the club and the old TD do you ?
    I did and the TD -Rod was very good and had a great relationship with all the players and fully understood the basis of youth development not just a win at all costs ! I agree Bolchy has turned the 1st grade around but with the squad he has 6th place is not acceptable
    Chris Gallagher from Magic is the 2021 TD at Maitland, now I hear he is ‘rubbish’
    Have had plenty of dealings with Rod,through youth npl, rubbish is probably a bit hard. But results at youth level for past 5 years were pretty poor, but Rod is a good guy and put in a lot of work.
    As for Bolchy, 3rd before yesterday which was probably good enough, 6th today which isn't good enough.
    But have heard he has been signed again for next year so the club must be happy which is all that matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDFXvXqnNKs
    All the goals from this weekend.

Edgie be Valo Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Who is the new TD because the old one was rubbish
    Be careful what you wish for, the grass isn’t always greener.

So after they play each other once is it then a top 5 playoff series based on 13 games points?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    So after they play each other once is it then a top 5 playoff series based on 13 games points?
    Correct

Last edited by Aegon; 14-09-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Predictions For The Round?

Lakes vs Magic (Magic to strong for Lakes)
    Weston vs Jaffas (Jaffas aren't leaking goals as much, so jaffas in a close one)
    Olympic vs Edgeworth (Edgy to be to consistent for Olympic
    Rosebuds vs Maitland (hardest round to pick for me. Maitland to get back in their rhythm. Their quality inches them above A'town)
    Valentine BYE
    Azzurri BYE

Lakes vs Magic (Magic easily)
    Weston vs Jaffas (Jaffa's - especially if Carter is out again)
    Olympic vs Edgeworth (Draw - Edgy have been grinding out results especially with late goals but I think this one will be all square)
    Rosebuds vs Maitland (Maitland)
    Valentine BYE
    Azzurri BYE

Lakes vs Magic - 0-4
    Weston vs Jaffas - 1-3
    Olympic vs Edgeworth - 0 -2
    Rosebuds vs Maitland - 0-0

Tell you lads, great game of football at lakes yesterday.
    3-2 in the end to the mighty magic ..
    But lakes probably deserved more out of it. Being 2-1 up with 10 to go then copping a winner with 30 secs left ..
    But that’s football ..
    But seriously though that ref was up there with probably the worst I have seen in this league .. wow

Buds V Maitland today reserve grade was the worst reffing I have ever seen. 5-1 Maitland.
    Ref gives them a penalty and free kick which were not fouls. Another goal their striker takes out the goalkeeper and scored.
    Adamstown turned down two clear penalties and had an offside goal incorrectly given against them.
    Should have ended 5-1 to Adamstown.
    Complete disgrace by the refs and the match fees should be refunded to players.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    Buds V Maitland today reserve grade was the worst reffing I have ever seen. 5-1 Maitland.
    Ref gives them a penalty and free kick which were not fouls. Another goal their striker takes out the goalkeeper and scored.
    Adamstown turned down two clear penalties and had an offside goal incorrectly given against them.
    Should have ended 5-1 to Adamstown.
    Complete disgrace by the refs and the match fees should be refunded to players.
    So it's the refs fault you lost 5 - 1, Wow

I didn’t play mate i was watching. And yes it was. 6 key decisions turned a game. If u don’t believe me watch the replay buddy.

I didn’t play mate i was watching. And yes it was. 6 key decisions turned a game. If u don’t believe me watch the replay buddy.
    Wasn't there either buddy , but I'll take your word for it. Just don't like refs being blamed for a result, but if he was that bad ??

Big call lost 5-1 and we were robbed.

Wow, 6 key decisions in one game, amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Wasn't there either buddy , but I'll take your word for it. Just don't like refs being blamed for a result, but if he was that bad ??
    Not saying that he was solely responsible for the result. But in key moments he made some really poor decisions. There is no denying that the game and result was heavily influenced by the result. Unfortunately the standard of reffing is poor across the entire league but then again the football isn’t exactly world clas either

Not saying that he was solely responsible for the result. But in key moments he made some really poor decisions. There is no denying that the game and result was heavily influenced by the result. Unfortunately the standard of reffing is poor across the entire league but then again the football isn’t exactly world clas either
    The football, the referees, the coaching, the facilities.............. the list is endless and of course the administration