Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Do we think some clubs might lose some players in this month. Especially fringe bloke that say bugger it and drop back through the divisions
    Dropping back through divisions isn’t going to matter as there not playing or training either. Everyone is in same boat in clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I think its more likely to be... See you in a few months. This isn't going away in 2-4 weeks.
    Or even see you all next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Dropping back through divisions isn’t going to matter as there not playing or training either. Everyone is in same boat in clubs.
    I mean some older blokes that have trained 3 times a week since November that now say I can be stuffed I’d rather train once a week and play lower division

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I think its more likely to be... See you in a few months. This isn't going away in 2-4 weeks.
    What sort of comp can we have for 6 weeks? 1 round, no semis. mid week games.

Anyone genuinely reckon we will have any sort of competition at any level? And how long it will take to get money back from respective associations 😂...... I mean all we all wanna do is play but just seems son unrealistic at this time.😢

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    What sort of comp can we have for 6 weeks? 1 round, no semis. mid week games.
    Mid-week games is an option, extend the season and have finals in late October, perhaps do away with finals for this year and just fit as many of the missed games in as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub View Post
    Anyone genuinely reckon we will have any sort of competition at any level? And how long it will take to get money back from respective associations 😂...... I mean all we all wanna do is play but just seems son unrealistic at this time.😢
    No, the number of infected patients is doubling every 3 to 4 days and is showing no sign of slowing. This season is a good as over. I am guessing associations/clubs may give the option of moving the fees forward to next season for returning players and refunding those no longer playing or not re-selected. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    No, the number of infected patients is doubling every 3 to 4 days and is showing no sign of slowing. This season is a good as over. I am guessing associations/clubs may give the option of moving the fees forward to next season for returning players and refunding those no longer playing or not re-selected. Time will tell.
    I’m with you Carl the season won’t proceed with what is happened in particular today in professional sport and then lockdowns that are about to happen tomorrow for what could be six months there’s no way amateur sport can be played this season.
    Feel for some of clubs who have a few players on weekly wages.

I’m with you Carl the season won’t proceed with what is happened in particular today in professional sport and then lockdowns that are about to happen tomorrow for what could be six months there’s no way amateur sport can be played this season.
    Feel for some of clubs who have a few players on weekly wages.
    Which players do you think would be getting paid weekly and which clubs Johnno

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Which players do you think would be getting paid weekly and which clubs Johnno
    Two high profile players that moved clubs in off season one club gained and lost a player. Also a defender at a club. All have played professionally.

Two high profile players that moved clubs in off season one club gained and lost a player. Also a defender at a club. All have played professionally.
    If a Clubs committee is dumb enough to pay a fulltime wage to a player to win a $10K amateur competition they are fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    If a Clubs committee is dumb enough to pay a fulltime wage to a player to win a $10K amateur competition they are fools.
    Each season there is always one that brings this up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Each season there is always one that brings this up.
    Because every year clubs spend shit loads of money paying amateur players to win a 10 k trophy

What even more stupid is any money being paid in New FM and lower levels to players
    That trophy ain't worth the 10k

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Because every year clubs spend shit loads of money paying amateur players to win a 10 k trophy

What even more stupid is any money being paid in New FM and lower levels to players
    That trophy ain't worth the 10k
    That's one way to look at it as well, you pay $38,000 to Northern to be able to enter and play for a $10,000 competition.

However, many of the bigger clubs are more about being a business and making money the competition is a means to an end of making money. Better to pay a shit load on players to win the $10K if it means bringing in an extra $80K from sponsorship.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That's one way to look at it as well, you pay $38,000 to Northern to be able to enter and play for a $10,000 competition.

However, many of the bigger clubs are more about being a business and making money the competition is a means to an end of making money. Better to pay a shit load on players to win the $10K if it means bringing in an extra $80K from sponsorship.
    I just think the money could be better utilised than paying amateur players

Facilities
    Coaching
    Etc

2020 could be interesting, how much do clubs rely on sponsorship dollars $$$$$ and how much sponsorship money is going to find its way to clubs given the current environment. NNSW football running a competition in 2020 could potentially destroy some clubs. We have all heard the stories of clubs using 2020 registration money to pay 2019 player wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    2020 could be interesting, how much do clubs rely on sponsorship dollars $$$$$ and how much sponsorship money is going to find its way to clubs given the current environment. NNSW football running a competition in 2020 could potentially destroy some clubs. We have all heard the stories of clubs using 2020 registration money to pay 2019 player wages.
    Please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I just think the money could be better utilised than paying amateur players

Facilities
    Coaching
    Etc
    I am not necessarily disagreeing with you I'm just giving a thought that some clubs use where running the club is about making money and making it a business rather than about the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Please explain?
    I think Stanley was referring the club sponsors chipping in 90% of the clubs revenue.
    Some clubs struggle to finance their player payments and are rumoured to use early junior rego payments to fund their player wage bill from the previous season.

Now, with lots of people and businesses without solid income, will they want to pour some money into a sponsorship or keep it for themselves/their business/employees.
    So without that sponsorship income, a few clubs may be in trouble.

Much the same as the NRL and AFL standing down personnel.

Banned
    I am not necessarily disagreeing with you I'm just giving a thought that some clubs use where running the club is about making money and making it a business rather than about the football.
    Being we do not have Pro / Rel up or downwards exactly why is this a clubs focus??

There is no sufficient reward at the top of the NPL like a place in the HAL nor is there any punishment for being at the bottom like playing in the New FM

It should always be about the football