Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Promotion/relegation based on club championship standings?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Promotion/relegation based on club championship standings?
    Could work but I disagree on putting win at all costs pressure on juniors, imagine telling an u13 team if they don’t win today then the clubs going down, some pressure

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Could work but I disagree on putting win at all costs pressure on juniors, imagine telling an u13 team if they don’t win today then the clubs going down, some pressure
    Welcome to life. FNSW doesn’t include 13s in the club championship, youth and senior are seperated and senior Pro/rel is decided by first grade position
    Last edited by BS detecor; 11-10-2020 at 10:18 PM.

There’s just no consequences for poor performance.
    And performance can cover a range of aspects of operating a club.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to remember a large motivating factor for “protecting” the NPL clubs in top division with no relegation originally was so there could be focus on developing instead of spending money on players to buy survival. Whether it was putting a development program for younger ages, upgrading facilities, buying better training equipment etc

How many clubs have improved their facilities over the last, what, 6 years?

Pretty sure I remember Weston wrote a year off cause it didn’t mean anything. Came last from memory. And then the year after, there was going to be a “review of criteria and new applications” they recruited again and did well. Not bagging Weston, just an example.

What are the downfalls to promotion/relegation?

And I agree there should be a club championship style system for it.
    It’s heavily weighted on first grade results, but a strong reserves and 18s or whatever it is this week, can save a club.
    Something like:
    1st: 8 for win, 4 for draw
    Reserves: 4 for win, 2 for draw
    18s: 2 for win, 1 for draw

Think that’s fair. Very little pressure on 18s imo. Shame on any committee that would rely or pressure the 18s to achieve results to “save the club”.

I’d even be happy to give promoted clubs a year of safety to get their affairs in order, but that’a being generous.

I heard they were supposed to “re-assess” NPL licenses at the end of the year for prospective clubs. I think if any NEWFM clubs meet criteria, give them a license. If they win, send them up. Bring somebody down. If a club without a license wins, no change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    There’s just no consequences for poor performance.
    And performance can cover a range of aspects of operating a club.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to remember a large motivating factor for “protecting” the NPL clubs in top division with no relegation originally was so there could be focus on developing instead of spending money on players to buy survival. Whether it was putting a development program for younger ages, upgrading facilities, buying better training equipment etc

How many clubs have improved their facilities over the last, what, 6 years?

Pretty sure I remember Weston wrote a year off cause it didn’t mean anything. Came last from memory. And then the year after, there was going to be a “review of criteria and new applications” they recruited again and did well. Not bagging Weston, just an example.

What are the downfalls to promotion/relegation?

And I agree there should be a club championship style system for it.
    It’s heavily weighted on first grade results, but a strong reserves and 18s or whatever it is this week, can save a club.
    Something like:
    1st: 8 for win, 4 for draw
    Reserves: 4 for win, 2 for draw
    18s: 2 for win, 1 for draw

Think that’s fair. Very little pressure on 18s imo. Shame on any committee that would rely or pressure the 18s to achieve results to “save the club”.

I’d even be happy to give promoted clubs a year of safety to get their affairs in order, but that’a being generous.

I heard they were supposed to “re-assess” NPL licenses at the end of the year for prospective clubs. I think if any NEWFM clubs meet criteria, give them a license. If they win, send them up. Bring somebody down. If a club without a license wins, no change.
    100% correct Brem. That was the publicised reason re pro/rel and I’d say player payments just increased because of it with very little investment if any in facilities. Valentine perfect example of this nil investment and brought a heap of players this season 6 or 7 to run 8th. Seriously. Governance by Northern and management of this whole situation in recent years has been appalling.
    Also agree with your model shouldn’t be just about first grade because the above will keep happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    100% correct Brem. That was the publicised reason re pro/rel and I’d say player payments just increased because of it with very little investment if any in facilities. Valentine perfect example of this nil investment and brought a heap of players this season 6 or 7 to run 8th. Seriously. Governance by Northern and management of this whole situation in recent years has been appalling.
    Also agree with your model shouldn’t be just about first grade because the above will keep happening.
    In all fairness to Valo why would they invest in facilities knowing that it will all be bulldozed and replaced in the near future?
    Comparing their grass condition on the field to the rest of the comp they did very well to maintain its condition considering how bad the drainage is there. A lot of other teams fields were appalling by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    In all fairness to Valo why would they invest in facilities knowing that it will all be bulldozed and replaced in the near future?
    Comparing their grass condition on the field to the rest of the comp they did very well to maintain its condition considering how bad the drainage is there. A lot of other teams fields were appalling by the end.
    besides Maybe Azzurri & Definitely Valo, what other grounds were appalling?????

They’re not competing, who cares about how their juniors are going, go develop them in Newfm, it’s embarrassing, bring in promotion and relegation and a proper player points system that controls the big money clubs and I’m pretty sure these results won’t occur
    and where are Southy coming in 2nd division ???

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    besides Maybe Azzurri & Definitely Valo, what other grounds were appalling?????
    Cooks Square, Macquarie Field, Edden from the games I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    and where are Southy coming in 2nd division ???
    Not sure what this has to do with anything, the comps a joke at the moment and needs fixing,

Not sure what this has to do with anything, the comps a joke at the moment and needs fixing,
    I’ll put it simple so even you can understand .
    Why should a team like southy that are struggling in 2nd division be promoted .

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    did he mention Southy, i dont think so.
    How about we put it in simple terms to you, without promotion and relegation the comp is a joke......as always Northern do what they like, always have, always will.

Who are you all backing in the finals this weekend?

Either promotion happens between the two comps, new lambton up to NPL ... Lakes to Newfm. OR .... New Lambton v Lakes at NL1 home ground ( Not NPL park ) the winner is in NPL
    2020 example

You obviously didn’t get to many games this year ..
    All those grounds you mentioned were pretty decent ..
    So maybe your going off previous years

I was at Cooks Square yesterday watching the youth games and the ground was in great condition

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I was at Cooks Square yesterday watching the youth games and the ground was in great condition
    Its a miraculous recovery from the Azzurri game a month ago where the pitch was hard as a rock and the field was a dust bowl.
    Kudos to the ground staff.

no idea, you brought them up, you can answer your own question, no one mentioned any other clubs but you,

They shouldn’t. And he didn’t say that.

They could be offered an NPL license though, along with other clubs in NEWFM if deemed to meet criteria.
    The license (providing it doesn’t end up with an NPL1/2) would enable a club to be promoted if they win NEW FM. Which would give clubs something to work towards. Atm both competitions are stagnant with the exception of some who are constantly aiming for FFA cup success at the next level

They do have the facilities as proven when in the NPL previously, better or equal to olympic, much better then valentine and have done minor improvements since being relegated, new lights etc, when was the last time lakes or Azzurri’s facilities had improvement, I’d say never, also made two grand finals and several final appearances whilst in the NPL, a win loss ratio lakes, valentine and Adamstown would die for.