Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Go fall in some quicksand or something constructive would you buddy?
    Constructive football is something Valo desperately needs

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    All things considered congratulations to Edgeworth on another minor premiership. I'm guessing a few would have been thinking they may have been a bit off the pace this season after the early season goings on but they've stuck firm and done it again. Interesting to see how they hold up through the finals. Personally I think they can be caught out a bit by teams with a bit of pacers seen in their two losses to Jaffas and Maitland. Looking for ward to the finals.
    Call it what you will but when you don’t play everyone twice I wouldn’t be celebrating to hard,

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Go fall in some quicksand or something constructive would you buddy?
    Not doing the club you support many favours with these comments, imo.
    Understandably you feel threatened and attacked by the comments on here, but it’s part of the territory.
    South Cardiff copped it for their facilities over their years in the top flight too. The years Lakes and Azzurri were dumped, and ever since, there’s been a focus on “criteria” and how some clubs meet the criteria but others do not.
    The allocation of licenses was promised to be for current set up, not promises or plans for the future and I think clubs with NPL aspirations have a right to challenge why their clubs are being overlooked.

If you have constructive rebuttals as to why Valentine meet criteria, I’m sure everyone would happily listen.
    For instance, their junior base was always one of the strongest in Macquarie district and the merger originally was seen as a great thing for the up and coming youth. Is there many Valentine juniors in the NPL set up?

I think their biggest issue and easiest to criticise is their facilities. Cahill oval had potential to be a good venue if they sorted the cricket pitch out. But that was a hazard. I remember playing there after a bit of rain the night before and the pitch was a ice skating rink, not suitable.
    The redevelopments promise to offer a much better venue, but the questions remain how the current CB complex meets NPL criteria.
    Many clubs with similar or on par set ups, eg south Cardiff, cooks hill, new lambton, Toronto etc are probably curious why they didn’t get a license too.
    When results, or lack thereof, are added to the equation, more questions begin to be asked. The same questions being asked of Adamstown and Lake Macquarie.

For the most part, I don’t think the criticism is aimed at the clubs (maybe their lack of a plan B), but more towards the lack of transparency from NNSWF regarding criteria and NPL.
    While they continue to use an application system and behind closed doors judgement on which clubs meet criteria and withhold this information, it leads to speculation and questions. I understand clubs are given “feedback” regarding their own applications but obviously are not privy to their competitors feedback, which leads to “How are xxxx in NPL when we aren’t”

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Understandably you feel threatened and attacked by the comments on here, but it’s part of the territory.
    South Cardiff copped it for their facilities over their years in the top flight too. The years Lakes and Azzurri were dumped, and ever since, there’s been a focus on “criteria” and how some clubs meet the criteria but others do not.
    The allocation of licenses was promised to be for current set up, not promises or plans for the future and I think clubs with NPL aspirations have a right to challenge why their clubs are being overlooked.

If you have constructive rebuttals as to why Valentine meet criteria, I’m sure everyone would happily listen.
    For instance, their junior base was always one of the strongest in Macquarie district and the merger originally was seen as a great thing for the up and coming youth. Is there many Valentine juniors in the NPL set up?

I think their biggest issue and easiest to criticise is their facilities. Cahill oval had potential to be a good venue if they sorted the cricket pitch out. But that was a hazard. I remember playing there after a bit of rain the night before and the pitch was a ice skating rink, not suitable.
    The redevelopments promise to offer a much better venue, but the questions remain how the current CB complex meets NPL criteria.
    Many clubs with similar or on par set ups, eg south Cardiff, cooks hill, new lambton, Toronto etc are probably curious why they didn’t get a license too.
    When results, or lack thereof, are added to the equation, more questions begin to be asked. The same questions being asked of Adamstown and Lake Macquarie.

For the most part, I don’t think the criticism is aimed at the clubs (maybe their lack of a plan B), but more towards the lack of transparency from NNSWF regarding criteria and NPL.
    While they continue to use an application system and behind closed doors judgement on which clubs meet criteria and withhold this information, it leads to speculation and questions. I understand clubs are given “feedback” regarding their own applications but obviously are not privy to their competitors feedback, which leads to “How are xxxx in NPL when we aren’t”
    I’m not sure why everyone has a crack at south Cardiff’s facilities, I was there on Sunday, first time this year, and the place was looking a treat, plenty of undercover seating out of the hot sun, more then olympics ground and a raised platform to view the game from if required, the ground was also in decent nick after all that’s been played on it, the lower ground training pitches are second to very few with plenty of room for training, please tell me why olympic is better, I’m open to opinions, not a slanging match

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I’m not sure why everyone has a crack at south Cardiff’s facilities, I was there on Sunday, first time this year, and the place was looking a treat, plenty of undercover seating out of the hot sun, more then olympics ground and a raised platform to view the game from if required, the ground was also in decent nick after all that’s been played on it, the lower ground training pitches are second to very few with plenty of room for training, please tell me why olympic is better, I’m open to opinions, not a slanging match
    No arguments here. Just playing devils advocate that the club copped some flack over the years.
    Think their pitch has always been pretty good, especially considering the traffic it gets.
    Credit to them for improving the ground with more seating.

It’s like groundhog day and members constantly bitch & bag on endlessly about Valo so I can see why Carl is fed up, but will try and answer your questions.
    Not sure about juniors playing in top grade but when the club was relegated about 6 years ago the club lost lots of juniors to other NPL clubs and have been trying to rebuild since.
    The club tried to exit Cahill Oval completely but the council desperately wants them on it and did everything to keep the youth playing there. Why? Because there is a huge development planned for the precinct which includes a NPL level ground where Barton No.1 is now, but the council needs multiple users in order to enhance the chances of getting funding from the state government.
    CB Complex is getting bulldozed soon so surely you and everyone else understands that zero improvements are being undertaken on the facilities. The plans are available on LMCC website for your perusal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    So atleast 2 more years of pathetic facilities

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    So atleast 2 more years of pathetic facilities
    Probably 1 or maybe
    2 seasons, out of the control of Valo, please address all complaints to LMCC

2 years to wait for an upgrade at Valo, mean while Cooks Hill have won a grant to revamp their playing surface to the tune of $150k.

Other than the playing surface, The Athletics track facility is as good as any other NPL ground. If they spend this money well then geez NNSW will be hard pressed to tell them no again you'd think

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/f...cilities-fund/
    Last edited by AVB; 07-10-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    2 years to wait for an upgrade at Valo, mean while Cooks Hill have won a grant to revamp their playing surface to the tune of $150k.

Other than the playing surface, The Athletics track facility is as good as any other NPL ground. If they spend this money well then geez NNSW will be hard pressed to tell them no again you'd think

There’s a few clubs in front of cooks hill I’d think,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    There’s a few clubs in front of cooks hill I’d think,
    Such as?

Broadmeadow 1-2 Jaffa’s
    Edgeworth 3-0 Adamstown
    Lakes 1-3 Charlestown
    Valentine 1-1 Olympic

Edgeworth
    Broadmeadow
    Charlestown
    Maitland
    Jaffa’s

My point with valentine is that other NEWFM clubs aren’t being granted NPL licenses because their facilities don’t meet criteria. No problem with them being in NPL. They earned their promotion and haven’t been relegated so fair play. I just don’t get how some other clubs are deemed to have inferior facilities that don’t meet NPL requirements in comparison.

The sooner some NEWFM teams are granted NPL licenses and the ability to achieve promotion, the better the local competition will be.
    How long have the current teams been “protected” for?
    There’s no incentives to improve the clubs, there’s no ramifications for not doing so.

Edit: changed “issue” to “point”.
    No issue with valentine as a club. problem is lack of transparency from NNSWF. My discussion around Valentine mainly relates to how they have a similar setup to many NEWFM clubs who were denied a NPL license. The double standards of NNSWF in the allocation of licenses is the focus.
    At the end of the day, NNSWF obviously deems their game day set up adequate. The question remains why other NEWFM clubs are not also deemed adequate.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 08-10-2020 at 12:19 PM.

My issue with valentine is that other NEWFM clubs aren’t being granted NPL licenses because their facilities don’t meet criteria. No problem with them being in NPL. They earned their promotion and haven’t been relegated so fair play. I just don’t get how some other clubs are deemed to have inferior facilities that don’t meet NPL requirements in comparison.

The sooner some NEWFM teams are granted NPL licenses and the ability to achieve promotion, the better the local competition will be.
    How long have the current teams been “protected” for?
    There’s no incentives to improve the clubs, there’s no ramifications for not doing so.
    So your issue should be with NNSWF, not Valo, the club is same as any other with many hard working volunteers doing their best.
    Understanding decisions made by NNSWF is very difficult at times.
    I think everyone will agree that they need show more transparency around the criteria and how promotion & relegation works. Would really help if they had a clear & concise vision for the NPL going forward so the aspiring clubs don't feel like they are constantly banging their heads against a brick wall.
    Last edited by Bull fighter; 08-10-2020 at 10:21 AM.

My issue with valentine is that other NEWFM clubs aren’t being granted NPL licenses because their facilities don’t meet criteria. No problem with them being in NPL. They earned their promotion and haven’t been relegated so fair play.
    Agree with the extension of licences for Newfm clubs.

It's not fair play when a team comes last and doesnt go down.

The winner of Newfm should at least have a choice to go up.

Imagine the excitement and drama of this weekend's matches if there was promotion and relegation.
    Not only would you have 3 clubs battling for 2 semi spots you would also have Lakes and Adamstown fighting to avoid relegation

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post

And warm up where?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Imagine the excitement and drama of this weekend's matches if there was promotion and relegation.
    Not only would you have 3 clubs battling for 2 semi spots you would also have Lakes and Adamstown fighting to avoid relegation
    And with all the games kicking off at the same time it would make for a fantastic afternoon on Sunday.

Reminds me of the EPL 2012 Dzeko equalises 92min, Aguero 94mi winner, giving M city their title. Joey Barton with his antics. Utd had the fat lady singing. One of the best nights of football in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    So your issue should be with NNSWF, not Valo, the club is same as any other with many hard working volunteers doing their best.
    Understanding decisions made by NNSWF is very difficult at times..
    Yeh, wrong choice of words to say issue. “Point” would be better.
    All club volunteers and club servants put in a lot of work, and definitely not questioning their dedication, they all do their best with their resources.