Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Still baffling how they meet criteria yet no New FM teams do.
    Totally agree, they are a NewFM team at best, put them in NewFM until they get their new facilities. At this point in time Cooks Hill, Belmont Swansea and West Wallsend to name a few are run better and have better facilities than Valo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Totally agree, they are a NewFM team at best, put them in NewFM until they get their new facilities. At this point in time Cooks Hill, Belmont Swansea and West Wallsend to name a few are run better and have better facilities than Valo.
    Belswans should be in it. That area deserves to be represented

Big News coming out of Maitland.
    Cowburn has quit .

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Big News coming out of Maitland.
    Cowburn has quit .
    Do you have any context?

A big loss for them. Though I think it reads as a bigger loss than it is on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    As do Cessnock, Toronto Awaba and arguably South Cardiff.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    As do Cessnock, Toronto Awaba and arguably South Cardiff.
    All the above venues are better then olympic,, the worst spectator venue in NPl

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    All the above venues are better then olympic,, the worst spectator venue in NPl
    I think it's pretty common complaint that most venues are not that flash to watch from. Any where the bulk of the seating is on halfway (Bears, Buds, Lakes, Maitland) have to be better than the rest.

Personally I still think Buds is one of the better set ups as a small suburban ground. Small but good grandstand close to the action and good viewing from all round the field. Sadly not the force they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    I think it's pretty common complaint that most venues are not that flash to watch from. Any where the bulk of the seating is on halfway (Bears, Buds, Lakes, Maitland) have to be better than the rest.
    Maitland?? Sitting on wooden benches that caters for no more than 50 people in top of a hill that’s always windy........

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Personally I still think Buds is one of the better set ups as a small suburban ground. Small but good grandstand close to the action and good viewing from all round the field. Sadly not the force they used to be.
    Buds, Magic and Lakes by far the best grounds to view football

And if we were being honest - Lakes’ splintery grandstand full of rust and not substantially touched in 30 years - would not make the grade either.

Most of the grounds in NNSW NPL are held together by gaff tape and cable ties or their lights (eg adamstown) need urgent attention. this is not a dig at clubs or committees who are doing their best with little support from a self serving federation.

Our facilities are a poor illustration of what is needed - if you look at what some of the NPL players are being paid, facilities should be given equal attention (eg valentine).

NNSW have zero interest in progressing the game beyond their own financial bottom line, do not advocate for the clubs to facilitate The games progression and are too scared rock the boat (eg who helped Olympic with Sports Grants debacle?)

Speaking of how many new fm teams have better facilities on current NPL clubs, any update on when NNSW are going to allow relegation to occur or even teams coming up to make a 12 team comp? I personally struggle to get behind the comp too much with the current 18 game season and no promotion/relegation.

The ideal structure for me would be a 10 team comp with 18 games, followed by another 4 games depending on your standings (bottom group for relegation and top group for finals). Otherwise what is being done this year with the 13 games structure is an alternate option but obviously a 22 game season.
    Ideally 27 rounds but the clubs don't want to pay their players that much (pay them less than FFS), and there is a legitimate issue with the quality of grounds not lasting this long.

Kids aren't playing enough games, particularly the U18s to kids coming through reserve grade. NNSW need to fix this.
    Unfortunately clubs are a part of the problem but as they "need" to pay the Mitch Oxborrows of the comp an arm and a leg, hence less games is better for them. This money comes out of the pockets of juniors. Pretty much kid's parents are paying upwards of a grand (over a $100 a game when you do the maths) to play in the local comp.

Football in this region is diseased.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    And if we were being honest - Lakes’ splintery grandstand full of rust and not substantially touched in 30 years - would not make the grade either.

Most of the grounds in NNSW NPL are held together by gaff tape and cable ties or their lights (eg adamstown) need urgent attention. this is not a dig at clubs or committees who are doing their best with little support from a self serving federation.

Our facilities are a poor illustration of what is needed - if you look at what some of the NPL players are being paid, facilities should be given equal attention (eg valentine).

NNSW have zero interest in progressing the game beyond their own financial bottom line, do not advocate for the clubs to facilitate The games progression and are too scared rock the boat (eg who helped Olympic with Sports Grants debacle?)
    Valentine are in a difficult position Barry with the new development not that far away why would you pump any money into the current facility and grounds? They are swapping grounds with the rugby league so any improvements also benefit another code. Council do didley sqat and have not spent anything there for years.

Yes, I see they posted due to ‘work commitments’ think the truth is closer to he not getting on well with coach and playing group

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Yes, I see they posted due to ‘work commitments’ think the truth is closer to he not getting on well with coach and playing group
    From a sauce in the club. The reason he left was because he was on the bench against Magic on Saturday. Due to " work commitments", he had only attended one training session in 8 weeks and was dropped for the match.
    I am told he requested a termination of his contract the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    From a sauce in the club. The reason he left was because he was on the bench against Magic on Saturday. Due to " work commitments", he had only attended one training session in 8 weeks and was dropped for the match.
    I am told he requested a termination of his contract the next day.

I’ve already Heard for next yr there is a certain NPL club that he will be playing for.

Signed for edgy

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    How long will Buds persist with Cansdell Sherrif? 3 years in charge and going backwards. They are crap to watch!

Time for a change
    Change is happening Adamstown just announced Cansdell Sherrif Was stepping down at the end of the season and have already appointed David Rosewarne as head coach for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Signed for edgy
    I wonder if he will think he is bigger than the club at edgy.

Olympic 4 Maitland 0
    Maitland missing Cowburn already by the look of it.
    Maybe the coach is the problem and not him