Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Ben the commentator thought it was a little suspect. It reminds me of Dangerfields forearm slash elbow in the AFL final yesterday, not the same situation or outcome. You just can't make contact with the head like that in both incidents. Dangerfields is far worse.

Josh Evans has deliberately put his hand back there to help protect the ball, I don't think the intention is to make contact with the head. IMO you can't use your hand to protect yourself and make contact with the head. It's a free-kick and a yellow card for me.
    Correct, which would have given Magic ball possession, instead Edgeworth have possession and 3 passes on Edgeworth equalise

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Correct, which would have given Magic ball possession, instead Edgeworth have possession and 3 passes on Edgeworth equalise
    Ref missed infringements on both sides. Cant change a scenario on one incident for the year. Earlier in the game a magic player slapped someone after a foul. No outrage play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Awful last week and the same this week. The score line could have been a lot more embarrassing.
    Fajkovic mostly a passenger today. I thought they were playing better at the back end of the season when Marenghi was starting - just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Olympic looked very poor. Maitland dominated and will be a great game against Magic.
    If Maitland can produce that again for the 3rd straight week it will be a great qualifying final vs Magic.

Banned
    So why did Lambton let Crowly go? maybe they could sell a useless coach and a retiree player for a good central defender and a striker

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    So why did Lambton let Crowly go? maybe they could sell a useless coach and a retiree player for a good central defender and a striker
    They didn't let Crowley go from what I have heard. The news I heard is that he was hurt by the signing Oborrow and didn't think he would be the top dog any more. His ego got the best of him. He would have scored a lot more goals playing with Oxborrow. Some people's ego doesn't allow them to see the forest for the trees.

Another reason I heard he was looking for a more professional club. Which is silly IMO. Most clubs are pretty much similar in terms of their professionalism. If anything Edgeworth appear to be the most professional.

I am not saying that these are the true reason why Crowley left. But I have heard these from various people.

They didn't let Crowley go from what I have heard. The news I heard is that he was hurt by the signing Oborrow and didn't think he would be the top dog any more. His ego got the best of him. He would have scored a lot more goals playing with Oxborrow. Some people's ego doesn't allow them to see the forest for the trees.

Another reason I heard he was looking for a more professional club. Which is silly IMO. Most clubs are pretty much similar in terms of their professionalism. If anything Edgeworth appear to be the most professional.

I am not saying that these are the true reason why Crowley left. But I have heard these from various people.
    If you are not saying these are the true reasons Crowley left then why post them.
    As for not being able to see the forest from the trees , seriously.
    Jaffas didn't even make the semis, Crowley is one win away from the gf and has scored 16 goals in 15 starts for Maitland.
    Pretty good stats and he looked pretty happy on bartv

Banned

cheers. Pretty difficult to change that but i think he and Ox could have worked well.

So recruitment might need to aim for more team orientated players. Ox is very cutting in remarks towards fellow players. Of course he just wants the best out of them.

I believe Zane will get Magic going extra well next season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    If you are not saying these are the true reasons Crowley left then why post them.
    Jaffas didn't even make the semis, Crowley is one win away from the gf and has scored 16 goals in 15 starts for Maitland.
    But I asked for why he left and he gave some credible reasons. I already know whats happened this year and Jafs really miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Ref missed infringements on both sides. Cant change a scenario on one incident for the year. Earlier in the game a magic player slapped someone after a foul. No outrage play on.
    Goes without saying, refs miss infringements in every game, Im not being critical of the ref because he probably did miss it I think the linesman and 4th official would have seen it and not had the balls to make the call.

I get what you're saying. Though everyone knows often the reason why players leave is far different from the reason they say they left. Players with all sporting codes do this at all levels.

I am just saying these are the reasons I have heard a couple of times from different people.

I wouldn't have written my comment if I didn't hadn't heard these reasons a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Valo losing Jacob Bailey, Danny Ireland, Ben Hay, Alex Read for next year. Big money being saved for next year.
    From what I heard yesterday:

Someone at the club accidentally forwarded an email to the entire NPL senior group that had all player payments in one of the previous emails.

Lots of players very unhappy with payment disparity at the club. So will be looking elsewhere in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    From what I heard yesterday:

Someone at the club accidentally forwarded an email to the entire NPL senior group that had all player payments in one of the previous emails.

Lots of players very unhappy with payment disparity at the club. So will be looking elsewhere in 2021.
    The club can say they are definitely transparent in their dealings. Wouldnt most players know that they are under or over the average?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Goes without saying, refs miss infringements in every game, Im not being critical of the ref because he probably did miss it I think the linesman and 4th official would have seen it and not had the balls to make the call.
    The elbow to the head was the first part of the highlights package for the Edgy third goal, that is how important it was. You are being too fair Stan, check out the ref on the replay, he only had eyes for the incident then quickly looked away.

Maito v Magic should be spicy

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Maito v Magic should be spicy
    Don't know how Magic's pitch will be after all the rain and hosting the Newfm grand finals on Saturday

Valo losing Jacob Bailey, Danny Ireland, Ben Hay, Alex Read for next year. Big money being saved for next year.
    Valo splashing around some of the big $$$ they have saved .
    New signings to be announced
    Matt Thompson from Jaffas
    Ryan Clarke from Maitland
    Joel Woods from Maitland
    John Maj from Magic

Valo splashing around some of the big $$$ they have saved .
    New signings to be announced
    Matt Thompson from Jaffas
    Ryan Clarke from Maitland
    Joel Woods from Maitland
    John Maj from Magic
    Well the might score 4 goals a game but the will concede 6 after losing there keeper and better defenders

Would be a great over 35's side

Banned
    Bailey to Olympic, Hay to jaffas, Ireland back to Sydney and read back to Maitland
    Davies (Maitland), Rutledge and Townsend (Adamstown) to Olympic