Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Anyone watch the reserve grade game and see the non penalty call in the second half? Referee standing 10 metres away. Video is on jaffas Facebook page for anyone wanting to see.

just watched it several times and tried to slow it down to see if there was any doubt.... but nah that hit the bicep area on an outstretched arm. Terrible miss by the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Anyone watch the reserve grade game and see the non penalty call in the second half? Referee standing 10 metres away. Video is on jaffas Facebook page for anyone wanting to see.
    I’ve watch a lot of reserve grade this year and there has been multiple pathetic calls all season. Take nothing away from magic, they won so good on them. But I genuinely think that without the refs blinders this year the entire top 5 could be in a different order or a different grand final today...
    The reffing has seriously been diabolical this year. Across the board too, not just for one or two teams

Well deserved win from Edgy. Best team all year and deserved the win today.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    I’ve watch a lot of reserve grade this year and there has been multiple pathetic calls all season. Take nothing away from magic, they won so good on them. But I genuinely think that without the refs blinders this year the entire top 5 could be in a different order or a different grand final today...
    The reffing has seriously been diabolical this year. Across the board too, not just for one or two teams
    Some below par refereeing in
    18s too. I don’t know what the answer is. But quality is poor!

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    The answer is go and get your ticket and do a better job I suppose

Holz man of the match is laughable. Must be the same bloke who picked TOTY. No idea.
    Josh Evans by a mile
    Last edited by Blueboy; 09-11-2020 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Not commenting on the refereeing, as I haven’t seen the incident.
    The biggest issue with refereeing is numbers. Just like any team or club.

If you have 14 people turn up to trial at a club, you pretty much give them a spot. You can coach them, you can give them experiences, you can teach them tactics, but at the end of the day, their ceilings are pretty set. You may be lucky as have a few good players. You may also get nothing. You get what you are given.

If you have 100 people turn up. You can put them through their paces, judge their skill and experience. Then you pick the best 14.
    You have a better chance of picking players with higher ceilings and better skill when 100 turn up than the bare minimum.
    Same as reffing, there aren’t the number turning up year after year wanting to referee. So you get those that are willing regardless of their skill, ability and experience.
    I’m not sure how you make it more appealing. It’s a pretty crap gig and not many people are suited to it. The people best suited are generally players that understand the game. However most want to go into coaching, not refereeing.
    I’m not sure it justifies more money.
    I also think the introduction of small sided games means that new first year referees are refereeing older games like 12-18s ID games earlier. These are probably the trickiest to control due to the age of players, physicality of some games, dissent from players not understanding consequences and also spectators. Nobody wants to be getting abuse left right and centre all day at work and referees are no different.
    Not many congratulate the referee on their performance. More common now probably than it has been. There’s a push for more respect and I think that will help.
    There needs to be a better understanding that they will make mistakes. The same as players make errors, they will too. Any decision, even if it’s correct, goes against one team. Not many cases will the team penalised say “yep, good call”. The game has a heavy focus on deceiving the referee. Diving, yelling for fouls and contact, arguing your innocence etc. that’s the nature of it.

Cavaliere to Magic
    Atayde to Magic
    Pappas to Jaffas
    Davies (Maitland) to Jaffas
    Brice to Jaffas

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Cavaliere to Magic
    Atayde to Magic
    Pappas to Jaffas
    Brice to Jaffas
    Davies has already signed with Olympic

Davies has already signed with Olympic
    So had Pappas

Congratulations to Edgy on doing the double. Watching the game I thought it was headed for extra time as it was an arm wrestle. Was always going to take a mistake or two to decide the winner. Unfortunately Trott won't watch the replay for awhile.

Thumbs down to NNSW, I understand only allowing each club 475 spectators due to Covid BUT why allow 90% of them sit in the Grandstand?

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Congratulations to Edgy on doing the double. Watching the game I thought it was headed for extra time as it was an arm wrestle. Was always going to take a mistake or two to decide the winner. Unfortunately Trott won't watch the replay for awhile.

Thumbs down to NNSW, I understand only allowing each club 475 spectators due to Covid BUT why allow 90% of them sit in the Grandstand?
    That’s northern for you. Absolute muppets

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Cavaliere to Magic
    Atayde to Magic
    Pappas to Jaffas
    Brice to Jaffas
    Couldn’t imagine pappas leaving the family home

The strangest part was them setting out chairs equally spaced on the hill yet everyone just grabbed them and sat right next to each other in groups.they either have a policy or they dont.restricing the tickets then letting everyone do what they wanted seemed pretty half assed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Couldn’t imagine pappas leaving the family home
    Have heard he has left though.

[QUOTE=magician;242768]That’s northern for you. Absolute muppets[/QUOTE

couldn't understand a word from the game day announcer, any issues with an Aussie speaking announcer
    besides the quality of the pitch and facility, NNSWF's effort in hosting anything was very poor.
    The season ending spectacle to a shit show.

So much for their safety plan

We will limit fixed seating areas to 1 person per every 4 seats. This means that
    our grandstand capacity is 25% of what it traditionally would be. Whilst
    members of the same household may sit together, this does not alter the
    capacity of our grandstand.

We have hired an additional 600 seats which means all patrons attending will
    be able to sit for the duration of the event

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/w...rand-Final.pdf

Didn’t see it but just saw the team photo of the magic team. Pretty impressed with the opportunity they gave their youth players. Not sure if the jaffas did the same but I see a couple of kids 16 and under

Venue and pitch was great.

Northern were quiet strict with the grandstand limits for reserve grade match. Wonder if they over it by end of the day and gave up on it or crowd just ignored them.

Presentation could have been better. How hard is it for presenters to dress up. Chairwoman was worst offender and wearing shorts.