Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

In the Herald today, Darren Sills sacked at Valo.
    Covid season, Zane quits, Hamilton quits
    Mcguiness and Sills sacked. Who is next

Pascoe maybe?

Sensible call from Olympic today. They are in an area where the outbreak has occurred, a restaurant several Hamilton hotels closed for cleaning local schools where potentially 2000 students have been exposed. This coming week will expose if there are further cases. Well done for making the call and putting people’s safety first before football.

What’s Pascoe’s excuse this week??

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Make that 3/16 after tonight. The drums will only get louder about two things there place in the competition couldn’t even play the game at any of there home venues tonight one has shit lights the other is a rugby league venue. 2nd thing if no result this weekend against lowly positioned Buds bye bye co coaches.
    The barks are now a bite. https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...ys-with-coach/

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    Sensible call from Olympic today. They are in an area where the outbreak has occurred, a restaurant several Hamilton hotels closed for cleaning local schools where potentially 2000 students have been exposed. This coming week will expose if there are further cases. Well done for making the call and putting people’s safety first before football.
    If the club was worried about safety concerns why are they still hosting youth games tomorrow. If what you say is true, and this next week will possibly expose further cases, doesn't playing games tomorrow put people's safety at risk.
    I will wait to make my decision tomorrow.
    If the club calls off all weekend games due to their concerns over the spread of Covid I completely applaud their decision.
    But if youth goes ahead tomorrow, it just shows me that they called first grade off today because they had 5 players unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    If the club was worried about safety concerns why are they still hosting youth games tomorrow. If what you say is true, and this next week will possibly expose further cases, doesn't playing games tomorrow put people's safety at risk.
    I will wait to make my decision tomorrow.
    If the club calls off all weekend games due to their concerns over the spread of Covid I completely applaud their decision.
    But if youth goes ahead tomorrow, it just shows me that they called first grade off today because they had 5 players unavailable.
    Clubs can only follow the health advice, and no advice is calling for wholesale cancellations of Junior sport, so obvious other motives at play... Youth will be on tomorrow as Olympic will back themselves to get good results vs Edgy, they will not sacrifice positions on tables due to 1-1 draws due to non-replay of youth football. Parents should be asking the question why clubs think they are above the current health advice when some teams are playing and theirs are not.

But yeah... 100% will applaude if they cancel all youth games tomorrow...

Looking forward to the rescheduled Senior fixture on a freezing night at Darling St the week Maitland is scheduled to play Magic.

Yet the knights still attracted a crowd, just play until the government says you can’t, simple

In the Herald today, Darren Sills sacked at Valo.
    Covid season, Zane quits, Hamilton quits
    Mcguiness and Sills sacked. Who is next
    Who is coaching Valo till seasons end

Azzurri 2 Weston 1.
    Edgeworth 3 Lakes 0 .

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Clubs can only follow the health advice, and no advice is calling for wholesale cancellations of Junior sport, so obvious other motives at play... Youth will be on tomorrow as Olympic will back themselves to get good results vs Edgy, they will not sacrifice positions on tables due to 1-1 draws due to non-replay of youth football. Parents should be asking the question why clubs think they are above the current health advice when some teams are playing and theirs are not.

Looking forward to the rescheduled Senior fixture on a freezing night at Darling St the week Maitland is scheduled to play Magic.
    Great to see all youth grades go ahead at Darling St today. Good on Olympic for getting the cleaners in and cleaning out the Covid.
    I have heard maitland have requested to play the catch up game this week, makes sense, unless Olympic still have 5 first grade players unavailable, or the Covid rears it's ugly head again

Great to see all youth grades go ahead at Darling St today. Good on Olympic for getting the cleaners in and cleaning out the Covid.
    I have heard maitland have requested to play the catch up game this week, makes sense, unless Olympic still have 5 first grade players unavailable, or the Covid rears it's ugly head again
    Hopefully they can send the covid cure to Victoria... olympic sent their wpl and seniors to watch the youth... must have been a deep clean.

Who are the 5 that are unavailable?

Who are the 5 that are unavailable?
    Hodges. Mahrenghi. Harrison. Green. Hornery.

Hodges. Mahrenghi. Harrison. Green. Hornery.
    Hodges out for 1 more week, Green is out for 6 weeks I think with injury, Hornery is available been playing reserves, Harrison out for possibly 4 weeks with hamstring and Marenghi available. Unless there are no games for 4-6 weeks the only player missing On the weekend would be Hodges that has not played for 3weeks so I can not see as an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post

The health advise given to both schools was to isolated until all contact tracing has been complete. Pius had been completed on Friday with 140 people ordered to isolate for 14 days. The contact tracing had not been completed for SFX (16, 17, 18 year olds) so all students and staff (1200) would still have to isolate until further advised, not sure if this has occurred as yet. Probably explains why u 16s was cancelled on Sunday and other games continued. All direction does not have to come from NSW Health it comes down to personal responsibility and accessing risks for each situation not as a whole. That is probably why other sports such as Netball were also called off not a directive from NSW health

The health advise given to both schools was to isolated until all contact tracing has been complete. Pius had been completed on Friday with 140 people ordered to isolate for 14 days. The contact tracing had not been completed for SFX (16, 17, 18 year olds) so all students and staff (1200) would still have to isolate until further advised, not sure if this has occurred as yet. Probably explains why u 16s was cancelled on Sunday and other games continued. All direction does not have to come from NSW Health it comes down to personal responsibility and accessing risks for each situation not as a whole. That is probably why other sports such as Netball were also called off not a directive from NSW health
    Thanks for the comprehensive explanation, now can you tell me how many 16 to 18 year olds and / or how many SFX students play first grade at Olympic and why their post on social media promoted their WPL and NPL senior players supporting the NPL youth match day at Darling Street. Looks to me the postponement of games was reasons other than COVID.

I’d argue a fair few would play at Olympic. (Don’t know specifics).
    Maybe not first grade, but defs 18s and 20s and perhaps they interact at training.

Maybe a bit of both. I don’t think there’s much doubt that there was some risk there, and perhaps the option to postpone suited personnel issues also.
    Same old wet weather cancellation debate. Unless you know the details (or condition of field) it’s really all hearsay

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Unless you know the details (or condition of field) it’s really all hearsay
    Hence why people are asking for the details.
    OK

Don’t think Olympic would come out and admit they postponed a game solely because they didn’t have a few players available, even if they did.