Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Merged or takeover?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Merged or takeover?
    Not sure how it all unfolded but takeover may be more the case. Teams need to earn their way IMO.

Azzurri too good for the Magic. They Set up very well in defense and should have had one or two more goals to be honest. Magic had no answers.

I can't see Jaffas making the finals now. Seems like a waste.

Should be an interesting finals.

Who's your money on?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Merged or takeover?
    Phoenix in its differing names (Stewart and Lloyds, Tubemakers, Rangers, Phoenix) were established in 1938 and apart from a hiatus of approx 5 years in the early 80's, have played senior football in NNSW since that date.

VEFC merged with Phoenix Rangers Football Club from season 2008 taking on their State League Licence and changing the playing name to Valentine Phoenix to acknowledge the Phoenix heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    How are Valentine in the NPL.
    Change rooms that can only hold 5 people.
    No ball boys for ANY grade.
    No stretcher when a Maitland player had to be carried off in 1st grade
    The place is a joke
    Change rooms that are following COVID guidelines. Not having ballboys is again following COVID guidelines. Stretcher was not needed for the Maitland player who was able to walk off with assistance. what is a joke is the Maitland supporters who were having a go at Valentine‘s number one fan for just yelling out some encouragement to his team. Disgraceful mongrels.

What is a joke is you. You and your holier than thou attitude can go jump in the lake.

Cry me a river buddy. Valentine are here to stay so go hide under a rock.

The 5 for mine
    Edgeworth FC
    Broadmeadow Magic FC
    Newcastle Olympic FC v Valo
    Charlestown Azzurri FC v L Macq
    Maitland FC bye

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Change rooms that are following COVID guidelines. Not having ballboys is again following COVID guidelines. Stretcher was not needed for the Maitland player who was able to walk off with assistance. what is a joke is the Maitland supporters who were having a go at Valentine‘s number one fan for just yelling out some encouragement to his team. Disgraceful mongrels.
    Walk off with assistance?? He was carried off by 2 people you clown. Even valentine players were telling him to shut it. Must be a well respected Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Walk off with assistance?? He was carried off by 2 people you clown. Even valentine players were telling him to shut it. Must be a well respected Supporter
    People who can be helped off with assistance don’t need a stretcher you muppet. valentine‘s number one fan is loved by all. He is super smart and he’s a great supporter. The club loves him like a son.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    I was at this game and ref called for a stretcher and after several minutes of nothing ,not even a valo official running on to ground to help the player had to get carried off by Maitland support Staff.Deff didn’t look the best I must say.
    As for the loud supporter yes he was supporting his team but constantly very loud and I could tell he positioned him self right next to Maitland supporters to get on there nerves and get in a confrontation.he was politely asked several times to be quiet or move on to the valentine support but this egged him on to be more loud and look even further for confrontation .Yes a few Maitland supporters eventually give this man what he wanted at the end by biting back at his antics and I must say it was cooled down by fellow supporters straight away but it was the last 10 min of game after listening to his ‘support’ the entire game.And yes both sides of players very getting frustrated with his antics Not here to get in any argument just my thoughts on what I seen.

Players shouldnt listen to crowd ever. Has the league gone soft? ffs get into it

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Players shouldnt listen to crowd ever. Has the league gone soft? ffs get into it
    Couldn’t agree with you more.

All things considered congratulations to Edgeworth on another minor premiership. I'm guessing a few would have been thinking they may have been a bit off the pace this season after the early season goings on but they've stuck firm and done it again. Interesting to see how they hold up through the finals. Personally I think they can be caught out a bit by teams with a bit of pacers seen in their two losses to Jaffas and Maitland. Looking for ward to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Didn't someone mention promotion/relegation from next season a few weeks ago.
    Northern aren't going to do that any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    No Cookers incarnation, past or obviously present has been in the local top division, so maybe, we're boldly going where no Cookers have ever gone before.
    I wish they would have it, we must be the only federation without promotion/relegation (except for small ones like NT) but Northern aren't going to do it anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    An idiot screaming Jeepers Creepers at the top of his voice for 90 minutes, is that who you identify as Valentine's number one fan.
    Asked a dozen times or more to quieten down or move away from screaming in opposition supporters faces, which he declined to do ,and then got upset when he got challenged.
    Go and listen to yourself on bartv captain Carl

An idiot screaming Jeepers Creepers at the top of his voice for 90 minutes, is that who you identify as Valentine's number one fan.
    Asked a dozen times or more to quieten down or move away from screaming in opposition supporters faces, which he declined to do ,and then got upset when he got challenged.
    Go and listen to yourself on bartv captain Carl
    Jeepers creepers yeah!
    Go Valo!
    Hey it’s a beautiful day!
    Go the Phoenix

These are all highly offensive aren’t they you muppet?

Based on the quality of football Valo put out sounds about par for the quality of support for the club

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Based on the quality of football Valo put out sounds about par for the quality of support for the club
    Go fall in some quicksand or something constructive would you buddy?