Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    The Herald article said NPL clubs pay a participation fee of $38,475.20, which includes collected senior and youth registrations totalling $15,565.20. Other costs in the total include FFA entry ($825) and match official fees ($11,580).

So take out the match offical fees, registration fees and FFA fee and the NPL entry fee is what, $10,505??

Entry into ZPL is $3500.

The entry fee isn't killing clubs.
    Entry fee is 10K I believe and yes its not the fees killing clubs, its the egos of over paid players who just keep wanting more...paid to them by the egos of clubs that what to win the NPL and 2HD comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Entry fee is 10K I believe and yes its not the fees killing clubs, its the egos of over paid players who just keep wanting more...paid to them by the egos of clubs that what to win the NPL and 2HD comps.
    Any club paying overs to win either Men's Comp or WPL deserves what they get. These clubs that are trading insolvently is a failure of Northern to correctly govern. All the talk last year of new NPL etc...a perfect time to put a broom through NPL, do some due diligence and add a couple of new clubs who have a fiscal policy to cope without a year of beer sales.......12 team NPL, shared grounds and resources....strong clubs, salary caps.......start over.

In the first year of NPL the player points system was perfect for all clubs but no, the greedy cubs wanted it changed because it didn’t suit their greedy egos, so the rich got richer and the poor got poorer

Interesting article in the Newy Herald today

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Interesting article in the Newy Herald today
    Very. Hearing from a club contact that some players are more than happy now to sit out season then to recommence training and play for much less in front of no crowds. I’ve also been told three clubs have told nnswf that they won’t play if they can’t have crowds. Not sure who those clubs are. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Very. Hearing from a club contact that some players are more than happy now to sit out season then to recommence training and play for much less in front of no crowds. I’ve also been told three clubs have told nnswf that they won’t play if they can’t have crowds. Not sure who those clubs are. Anyone know?
    A club contact of which club Johnno

Cool, bring in some youngsters and 3 less teams means it will be easier to fit the season in to the shortened time period. Win win

I heard Olympic Azzurri and Weston this morning

Of significance also (maybe not to most) is the extension of the season to end of October will land a number of players in senior teams, bang in the middle of the HSC!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Of significance also (maybe not to most) is the extension of the season to end of October will land a number of players in senior teams, bang in the middle of the HSC!
    Affect the U18s and Reserves more than 1st grade

I heard Olympic Azzurri and Weston this morning
    Oh well let them flounder, I'm sure they have enough players in reserves that can play up and both games.

Did anyone else see today's article in the Herald.
    Coaches and players at Lake Macquarie are coaching and playing for free this, season. Great initiative by the group, putting the club and the game first.
    Wonder if any clubs will follow suit

Coaches and players at Lake Macquarie are coaching and playing for free this, season. Great initiative by the group, putting the club and the game first.
    Great news, doubt many will follow unfortunately.

Yes most will follow. Just you wait and see!

I don't think Valentine will be one that follows sorry Carl. The coaches possibly, but not many of the hired big guns. Not picking on Valentine, you could throw the names of the Jaffas, Magic, Olympic, Edgeworth, Maitland or whoever you want here.
    Lakes and Adamstown will find it very easy to do as they don't have any players on big money.

I don't think Valentine will be one that follows sorry Carl. The coaches possibly, but not many of the hired big guns. Not picking on Valentine, you could throw the names of the Jaffas, Magic, Olympic, Edgeworth, Maitland or whoever you want here.
    Lakes and Adamstown will find it very easy to do as they don't have any players on big money.
    I am talking about clubs as opposed to individuals. Certain individuals may (and will) opt out of playing for free but their club will promote younger players to fill that void. This season is likely to be very different and the advice I am receiving from those in the know is the majority of clubs have agreed to play for no pay. There will be others who will still want to win at all cost however. Damian Zane was quoted in The Newcastle Herald as saying, “For me, if we played, there would always be an asterisk beside the winners because it will be different, but it’s just about playing.”

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    I am talking about clubs as opposed to individuals. Certain individuals may (and will) opt out of playing for free but their club will promote younger players to fill that void. This season is likely to be very different and the advice I am receiving from those in the know is the majority of clubs have agreed to play for no pay. There will be others who will still want to win at all cost however. Damian Zane was quoted in The Newcastle Herald as saying, “For me, if we played, there would always be an asterisk beside the winners because it will be different, but it’s just about playing.”
    Clubs and a majority of players will take a pay cut. Or else they will tell everyone they are but a few might put the arm around a couple and sling them something later. That is the very clear message coming from most. It will be different but surely all agree different is a necessity and major change is needed? These clubs who trade insolvently year to year, pilfering Youth money whilst pretending to give a shit about development are literally killing the game and they are embarrassing. Unless you spend what you cannot afford, (Maitland last year Jaffas every year), you don't compete. NNSWF have done zero over the years toward any kind of true governance. These clubs are not PREMIER in any way shape or form. Are we really accepting of letting these beat up old cars stay in the race? It becomes more laughable by the day. Eland has a chance to use this time to re boot the entire region and strengthen the association as other codes suffer from a similar fiscal policy that really mirrors a chook raffle. Any clubs who are openly struggling need to be audited. If they cannot meet strict financial criteria, move them on. He won't, same old rubbish albeit with clean hands will be the new world order. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Unless you spend what you cannot afford, (Maitland last year Jaffas every year), you don't compete.
    So, you've got access to both clubs financials have you? Either prove the accuracy of your accusations or stop.
    Last edited by Hunter403; 19-05-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    So, you've got access to both clubs financials have you? Either prove the acuracy of your accusations or stop.
    Makes it up as he goes along Hunter

Football SA is allowing teams to resume training this week with social distancing protocols.