Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Nathan Archibald
    Both deserved candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Couldn’t agree more.
    This criteria crap is more detrimental to the game in our region than allowing teams to play in a competition they deserve to be in through results.

At the end of the day if the Suns or the terrace or the like got a group of players together that stuck it out and promoted ZPL-NL1-NPL that would be amazing. They might end up dropping back down eventually but who cares? It’d be a great story and fun to watch it happen.

Part of the licencing requirements is that you MUST field juniors in all age groups. you can't just choose not to like in lower divisions. that's why it is supposed to be the Premier League for the region, you must be able to fill development requirements to keep feeding players though into premier competitions. Otherwise, the whole comp falls over. I don't know if you've seen the A-league at the moment? because we didn't value our youth we are now paying for it.

It's short-sighted to not see that its all one big system.

It's also not how it works around the world, because the second/third/fourth and so on tiers for example in the UK also have youth feeding the pipeline, the difference being overseas those lower-tier clubs make significant amounts of money if they can sell a youth player to a higher tier, it makes them valuable to the club.

that's where we fall over in this country because youth are considered by some as having no value and theres those who only want to have a whinge about anything they can find to complain about.

BTW there's already an opportunity for those clubs from ZPL its called the FFA cup.... happens usually every year...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Rene Ferguson should win comfortably
    Absolutely agree Rene, and Aaron Niyonkuru as a speculator. Pat wheeler also in the mix, but doesn't score goals so won't get the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    Absolutely agree Rene, and Aaron Niyonkuru as a speculator. Pat wheeler also in the mix, but doesn't score goals so won't get the votes.
    If Josh Evans isn’t the best player in this competition week in week out then I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    If Josh Evans isn’t the best player in this competition week in week out then I don’t know.
    That’s how backwards this comp is. Could have a horrible game but score a goal or 2 and you get man of the match.
    Evans has been the best player in the comp since he has joined

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    That’s how backwards this comp is. Could have a horrible game but score a goal or 2 and you get man of the match.
    Closely followed by Mitch Rooke this season he has been a great pickup for Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    I completely agree about Evans, but he's missed quite a few games this year hasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    I completely agree about Evans, but he's missed quite a few games this year hasn't he?
    He usually does each year with RAAF but not this season. I think he’s only missed one game this year. Don’t understand how he wasn’t in the five leading players when the voting went behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    He usually does each year with RAAF but not this season. I think he’s only missed one game this year. Don’t understand how he wasn’t in the five leading players when the voting went behind closed doors.
    Don’t the referee’s vote? I rest my case.
    Just like the team of the week by northern. If you score a goal you’re in, the rest are picked out from a hat . Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Don’t the referee’s vote? I rest my case.
    Just like the team of the week by northern. If you score a goal you’re in, the rest are picked out from a hat . Embarrassing
    Archibold, Rooke, Evans and Ferguson for me.

Rooke and Ferguson have been the stand outs and saved their team's bacon many times this season.

And I bet you have no better idea of voting, if you don’t have any answers please refrain form commenting
    To be fair, I wonder how many of them are keeping tabs on who should get the 321 when they’re already trying to manage 22 adults acting like children on the field, plus the 10-15 people on the sidelines wanting their 2 bobs worth, plus dealing with all the numpties in the crowd too, it’s hardly surprising the 321 isn’t always what people agree with.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

And I bet you have no better idea of voting, if you don’t have any answers please refrain form commenting
    Yeah no worries champ 🤦*♂️

Why shouldn’t BB comment? He had as much as right to comment as you do!!

Banned
    For all the decent players jaffas have, they cant put together a decent game. Attack is dismal, defence is shite. wtf is Pascoe doing? Hope they arent paying this imposter. Pathetic

Adamstown you are a disgrace, get out of the comp now, why do we put up with mediocre teams, Adamstown, lakes and valentine offer nothing year after year, there needs to be change, to lose 9 nil is disgraceful, time for change, bring back relegation, clubs need a voice

Adamstown you are a disgrace, get out of the comp now, why do we put up with mediocre teams, Adamstown, lakes and valentine offer nothing year after year, there needs to be change, to lose 9 nil is disgraceful, time for change, bring back relegation, clubs need a voice
    If you don’t have a better solution can you keep your opinion to yourself.
    Oh wait, bring up southy. 🥱

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    If you don’t have a better solution can you keep your opinion to yourself.
    Oh wait, bring up southy. ��
    Wait, wasn’t his solution promotion/relegation?
    Pretty good solution...

Adamstown have made the semis in reserve grade and U16s and most likely will in U18s too. Edgeworth won’t make it in any of these except possibly U18s but it’s a 50/50. I agree there should be relegation but don’t say shit like that when clubs like Edgeworth r spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on players and clubs like buds and lakes have next to no money. These clubs rely on their juniors and are actually developing players (at least buds are) as evident in my first sentence.
    The NPL is 7 grades u nongdong, maybe the league should stop paying shit tonnes of money to these “elite footballers” and pricing kids out of football... there’s a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    Adamstown have made the semis in reserve grade and U16s and most likely will in U18s too. Edgeworth won’t make it in any of these except possibly U18s but it’s a 50/50. I agree there should be relegation but don’t say shit like that when clubs like Edgeworth r spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on players and clubs like buds and lakes have next to no money. These clubs rely on their juniors and are actually developing players (at least buds are) as evident in my first sentence.
    The NPL is 7 grades u nongdong, maybe the league should stop paying shit tonnes of money to these “elite footballers” and pricing kids out of football... there’s a suggestion.
    They’re not competing, who cares about how their juniors are going, go develop them in Newfm, it’s embarrassing, bring in promotion and relegation and a proper player points system that controls the big money clubs and I’m pretty sure these results won’t occur

They’re not competing, who cares about how their juniors are going, go develop them in Newfm, it’s embarrassing, bring in promotion and relegation and a proper player points system that controls the big money clubs and I’m pretty sure these results won’t occur
    The point I’m trying to make is they r competing across the other grades. I completely agree that there should be relegation and promotion but sorry any club that comes up isn’t going to do better than buds, especially in juniors.