Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think Stanley was referring the club sponsors chipping in 90% of the clubs revenue.
    Some clubs struggle to finance their player payments and are rumoured to use early junior rego payments to fund their player wage bill from the previous season.

Now, with lots of people and businesses without solid income, will they want to pour some money into a sponsorship or keep it for themselves/their business/employees.
    So without that sponsorship income, a few clubs may be in trouble.

Much the same as the NRL and AFL standing down personnel.
    Club outgoings should be near wot they get in rego fees. Sponsorship should b treated as a bonus not income. If clubs be paying wages and employing staff on decent $$$ they better b having a plan B. If not they best b ripping up contracts & telling paid staff they a amateur club. Back 2 basics. Spend wot $$$ u got on youth & seniors play for glory. Simples.

So no play no pay or lower pay for npl players?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Being we do not have Pro / Rel up or downwards exactly why is this a clubs focus??

There is no sufficient reward at the top of the NPL like a place in the HAL nor is there any punishment for being at the bottom like playing in the New FM

It should always be about the football
    The clubs focus is about making money and winning as I said some clubs treat it like a business and football sometimes gets in the way of it.

I'm not saying it is right I am explaining how some clubs operate and why paying a player a weekly payment regardless of the team may occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    The clubs focus is about making money and winning as I said some clubs treat it like a business and football sometimes gets in the way of it.

I'm not saying it is right I am explaining how some clubs operate and why paying a player a weekly payment regardless of the team may occur.
    Surely with NRL now saying their comp won’t start on July 1 as hoped and all comps under that now cancelled, NPL and other comps are out for this year? If so good luck to us getting our money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Surely with NRL now saying their comp won’t start on July 1 as hoped and all comps under that now cancelled, NPL and other comps are out for this year? If so good luck to us getting our money back.
    Yeah Northern wont refund any money that has been paid. And they will no doubt be telling the clubs they have to pay full fees

Yeah Northern wont refund any money that has been paid. And they will no doubt be telling the clubs they have to pay full fees
    So NNSWF have suspended the licence payments for the next 2 instalments to June and a refund policy (pending full cancellation less costs to date) is already tabled pending review 31 May with all NPL, WPL and NL1 clubs asked to complete surveys on alternate season options. NNSWF furlough 16 staff. Wrong again Goatscheese. Your sources are as spot on as your football IQ.

So what are realistic expectations now in term of possible ways this season may be completed?
    Single round comp?
    No finals?
    Congested fixtures e.g. 5 games per fortnight?
    Complete cancellation?

Complete cancellation if we are being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    So NNSWF have suspended the licence payments for the next 2 instalments to June and a refund policy (pending full cancellation less costs to date) is already tabled pending review 31 May with all NPL, WPL and NL1 clubs asked to complete surveys on alternate season options. NNSWF furlough 16 staff. Wrong again Goatscheese. Your sources are as spot on as your football IQ.
    Where am I wrong? The refund for money paid hasn't been authorised (based on your own statement) and at the time of my post they were demanding that clubs still pay their fees, so I was correct there as well. Northern has only recently (over the past week) told clubs that they have dropped their demands for further installments until the season goes ahead and only after the NPL clubs sent a letter through the AAFC telling them they won't and 8 of the 11 NL1 clubs following suit.

My sources are actually quite good (including some members of your committee), just because I don't spread every bit of confidential news on here like some people. So yeah thanks for letting me know my football IQ is spot on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    So what are realistic expectations now in term of possible ways this season may be completed?
    Single round comp?
    No finals?
    Congested fixtures e.g. 5 games per fortnight?
    Complete cancellation?
    Why can't the NPL play into September October November etc to complete the season??

Which clubs won't have access to a ground??

Why can't the NPL play into September October November etc to complete the season??

Which clubs won't have access to a ground??
    This is what will happen MFKS, if we are able to get the comps up and running in June or July. Npl Competition will run until November or December, with decision on whether they play finals football or first past the post.
    Not sure what will happen to other competitions as have only heard re Npl Seniors.
    All clubs bar Valentine have full access to their ground without ground sharing. And Valentine could do all Sunday matches.
    Will all depend on when or if the government gives the all clear to play, or if the corona is still to big a risk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    This is what will happen MFKS, if we are able to get the comps up and running in June or July. Npl Competition will run until November or December, with decision on whether they play finals football or first past the post.
    Not sure what will happen to other competitions as have only heard re Npl Seniors.
    All clubs bar Valentine have full access to their ground without ground sharing. And Valentine could do all Sunday matches.
    Will all depend on when or if the government gives the all clear to play, or if the corona is still to big a risk
    Even easier solution is Valo could be forced to play al of their home games at home before the cricket season starts and play away in the back end of the season

Either that or they can be forced to ground share in October onwards

If they don't like it they have had plenty of time to get their own ground sorted and there been little progress

Where am I wrong? The refund for money paid hasn't been authorised (based on your own statement) and at the time of my post they were demanding that clubs still pay their fees, so I was correct there as well. Northern has only recently (over the past week) told clubs that they have dropped their demands for further installments until the season goes ahead and only after the NPL clubs sent a letter through the AAFC telling them they won't and 8 of the 11 NL1 clubs following suit.

My sources are actually quite good (including some members of your committee), just because I don't spread every bit of confidential news on here like some people. So yeah thanks for letting me know my football IQ is spot on.
    Spelling I can’t fault. Grammar an 8/10. Yew Yew - this is the expected standard.

Fu$&ck I’m missing my football.

Even easier solution is Valo could be forced to play al of their home games at home before the cricket season starts and play away in the back end of the season

Either that or they can be forced to ground share in October onwards

If they don't like it they have had plenty of time to get their own ground sorted and there been little progress
    Valo will have a new ground next season after council development of whole complex, it’s really going to cut out most of the content on this forum with the continual incessant whining about them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Valo will have a new ground next season after council development of whole complex, it’s really going to cut out most of the content on this forum with the continual incessant whining about them.
    We can then focus on their continued lack of results then

Haha nice comeback

And utilising their large junior base to help fund buying players continually year after year for no results. Maybe it’s not the players?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    And utilising their large junior base to help fund buying players continually year after year for no results. Maybe it’s not the players?
    NPL is not the A League, if community football does not get played then NPL, SAP, NL1 etc wont get played either. If community football gets played then there will be no issues with grounds for any clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    NPL is not the A League, if community football does not get played then NPL, SAP, NL1 etc wont get played either. If community football gets played then there will be no issues with grounds for any clubs.
    Are you sure about this? No issues with grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Are you sure about this? No issues with grounds?
    Will definitely be ground issues, every second community club ground shares with cricket.