Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Score today?
    I'm thinking magic 3-1
    I think if Magic can contain Crowley they’ll be safe not too many other threats from Maitland. Magic in extra time 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    I think if Magic can contain Crowley they’ll be safe not too many other threats from Maitland. Magic in extra time 2-1
    Ryan Clarke Joel Woods Jimmy Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Lol, have you watched them play?
    Clarke is one of the main reasons Maitland are in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Have heard Will Bower , Keanu Moore and Jose Attadaye had all signed with Magic , but have had a change of heart and reneged on their deals after ma$$ive offers to stay at Edgeworth
    Players all seem to have a lot of respect for Zane over his time at Edgy and seems a few jumping at the chance to link up again.

Have heard Will Bower , Keanu Moore and Jose Attadaye had all signed with Magic , but have had a change of heart and reneged on their deals after ma$$ive offers to stay at Edgeworth
    When the guy that hires you on a casual contract is the same guy that owns Edgeworth you don't just leave.

Does anyone know if you can walk up and get in or are there pre sale tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Does anyone know if you can walk up and get in or are there pre sale tickets?
    Just tried to do a quick search, can’t find much information on the GF next week, trying to see if we can get to it after our games, all I could see is what weekend it’s on. I think they are going to make an announcement after the game today.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Just tried to do a quick search, can’t find much information on the GF next week, trying to see if we can get to it after our games, all I could see is what weekend it’s on. I think they are going to make an announcement after the game today.
    thanks for the info mate.they said on Bartv that its being played at #2 and ticketing information will be announced tomorrow (im assuming on the NNSW site?).

thanks for the info mate.they said on Bartv that its being played at #2 and ticketing information will be announced tomorrow (im assuming on the NNSW site?).
    Yeah I’d say so, both clubs will post in their facebook pages as well. Every other year you’d probably just turn up, can’t do that anymore!

Rough game for Magic today. Missed chances cost them late after a couple of defensive errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Rough game for Magic today. Missed chances cost them late after a couple of defensive errors.
    Got beat 2.0 and Maitland missed a penalty. Jog on

Magic missed three clear cut chances in first half, Maitland had similar in second half and converted, it’s all about taking your chances, have to agree some unusual mistakes by magic at the back that you normally wouldn’t see

W8 Watcher a genius. Well picked tubby.

Got beat 2.0 and Maitland missed a penalty. Jog on
    Did you watch the game?

Rooke, J Virgili & Ensor missed some great chances.
    Maitland penalty was due to a mistimed slide tackle which Runge saved well off a fairly poor Woods Pen.
    1st Maitland goal came from L Virgili not getting rid of the ball with enough urgency & the 2nd from a really poor pass across the face of goal from defence.

Magic created more chances and didn’t convert. Maitland took advantage of the chances they had and win the game.

my opinion.
    Thought Magic had more of the ball in the 1st half, but both teams had good chances.Thought it was more of a good save rather than that bad a pen.Maitland had 2 or 3 cleared off the line form memory.Virgili should have taken his chance.The other 3 good Magic chances werent gimmes but some days they all go in.
    2nd half thought much more even and Maitland took their chances.Thought they finished the game stronger last 20 mins. Either team had enough chances to win, one team did.Didnt see the Magic handball claim at the end so cant comment.Obviously Edgeworth will be big favourites next week but as always that doesnt mean much in a one off game.

my opinion.
    Thought Magic had more of the ball in the 1st half, but both teams had good chances.Thought it was more of a good save rather than that bad a pen.Maitland had 2 or 3 cleared off the line form memory.Virgili should have taken his chance.The other 3 good Magic chances werent gimmes but some days they all go in.
    2nd half thought much more even and Maitland took their chances.Thought they finished the game stronger last 20 mins. Either team had enough chances to win, one team did.Didnt see the Magic handball claim at the end so cant comment.Obviously Edgeworth will be big favourites next week but as always that doesnt mean much in a one off game.
    I rewatched the Magic pen call several times and couldn’t see anything in it. Probably a bit of desperation in it.

Did you watch the game?

Rooke, J Virgili & Ensor missed some great chances.
    Maitland penalty was due to a mistimed slide tackle which Runge saved well off a fairly poor Woods Pen.
    1st Maitland goal came from L Virgili not getting rid of the ball with enough urgency & the 2nd from a really poor pass across the face of goal from defence.

Magic created more chances and didn’t convert. Maitland took advantage of the chances they had and win the game.
    James Virgili would still be playing A League if he finished better, it's unfortunate as that's what let him down when he last played A League. Would still be good to see him get another opportunity, as he would be a smarter player now

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    James Virgili would still be playing A League if he finished better, it's unfortunate as that's what let him down when he last played A League. Would still be good to see him get another opportunity, as he would be a smarter player now
    Completely agree, he looks very good in every match he plays at this level.

Banned
    Nope. Sides were pretty even all up. Defensive errors means they arent good enough in that area.
    Maitland were calm and solid in defence. More clinical in finishing. Got what they deserved

What's the go with the ressies GF at 10.30am and 1st grade at 3.00pm. Are they being run as two separate events or is there something else on in between games?