Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

[QUOTE=ForeverRed;241895]They do have the facilities as proven when in the NPL previously, better or equal to olympic, much better then valentine and have done minor improvements since being relegated, new lights etc, when was the last time lakes or Azzurri’s facilities had improvement, I’d say never, also made two grand finals and several final appearances whilst in the NPL, a win loss ratio lakes, valentine and Adamstown would die for.[/QUOTE

Ive been to Ulinga twice this year, facilities are great and credit to the club on what they have achieved but credit for the lights has to go to Council, that's what a club official told me.

[QUOTE=Stanley;241909]
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    They do have the facilities as proven when in the NPL previously, better or equal to olympic, much better then valentine and have done minor improvements since being relegated, new lights etc, when was the last time lakes or Azzurri’s facilities had improvement, I’d say never, also made two grand finals and several final appearances whilst in the NPL, a win loss ratio lakes, valentine and Adamstown would die for.[/QUOTE

Ive been to Ulinga twice this year, facilities are great and credit to the club on what they have achieved but credit for the lights has to go to Council, that's what a club official told me.
    As I recall, the lights were planned by Council and the clubs using the ground in consultation. Not sure who paid what.

Ulinga's facilities (change rooms, toilets, canteen etc) as good or better than many NPL clubs and NEWFM clubs. Having coached in both competitions I have first hand knowledge. If I had to guess then I'd say South Cardiff's issues for NPL promotion are the adjoining grounds (good enough for Valo but not good enough for Kahibah and Southy) and finances.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Other problem is, if you start taking clubs from newfm and not replacing them, the newfm comp will cease to exist, which means less $$$ for northern as a few clubs there wouldn’t be able to make npl criteria.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Other problem is, if you start taking clubs from newfm and not replacing them, the newfm comp will cease to exist, which means less $$$ for northern as a few clubs there wouldn’t be able to make npl criteria.
    I still beleive that 2 npl tiers with 8 teams each is the way forward. Allow NC, MNC and NI in the youth as well. Promotion and relegation applies in both youth and senior, but separate from each other. Club championship in youth decide the promotion and relegation there. First / last past the post for seniors.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I still beleive that 2 npl tiers with 8 teams each is the way forward. Allow NC, MNC and NI in the youth as well. Promotion and relegation applies in both youth and senior, but separate from each other. Club championship in youth decide the promotion and relegation there. First / last past the post for seniors.
    Yes. And all senior NPL1 clubs are eligible for promotion each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Fair, but that’s still 6 clubs worth of fees Northern would be missing out. Can’t see them going for that.

Although I could be a bit jaded...
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Magic 2 Olympic 3
    Maitland 1 Charlestown 3

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Fair, but that’s still 6 clubs worth of fees Northern would be missing out. Can’t see them going for that.

Although I could be a bit jaded...
    Leave it as is.
    Just allocate NPL licenses to NEWFM teams.
    Promotion/relegation if NEWFM winner has a license.
    Same fees etc.

Magic 3 Olympic 1
    Maitland 4 penalties to 3

Anyone else a bit intrigued as to the kickoff times for the two semis this Saturday being only 90 minutes apart.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Anyone else a bit intrigued as to the kickoff times for the two semis this Saturday being only 90 minutes apart.
    Northern can't get anything right. Why the intrigue

Maybe so people can watch consecutive games on BarTV?

There’s no real need to play at the same time, cause the other result doesn’t make a difference.

Surprised they didn’t have a bigger gap to allow people to go to both, but perhaps covid stipulations or somebody thought it was a bad idea people going to both. Devils advocate, don’t know.

Magic 3- 0
    Maitland 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Magic 3- 0
    Maitland 2-1
    Magic 3 - 1 Olympic
    Azzurri 2 - 0 Maitland

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post
    Magic 3 - 1 Olympic
    Azzurri 2 - 0 Maitland
    Magic 4-1
    Maitland 2-1

Magic 4 - Olympic 0
    Azzurri 3 - Maitland 2

Valentine is a wonderful club. Nice colours. I love orange. Nice grounds surrounded by big shady trees. A really large number of players. A wonderful president and a high profile TD. They cop so much criticism. Why? They are doing the best they can while they wait for LMCC to deliver their long-promised facility upgrade. As some people have pointed out in previous posts it would be sheer insanity for the club to invest money into their facility now which is scheduled to be bulldozed within the next 12 months or so. Yes they came 8th this season. They did not come 9th or 10th though. Those clubs don’t cop anywhere near the flack Valo does. When the new facility comes the club becomes more attractive and things change. Why all the hate? Do you fear the sleeping giant will soon awaken? God bless you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Valentine is a wonderful club. Nice colours. I love orange. Nice grounds surrounded by big shady trees. A really large number of players. A wonderful president and a high profile TD. They cop so much criticism. Why? They are doing the best they can while they wait for LMCC to deliver their long-promised facility upgrade. As some people have pointed out in previous posts it would be sheer insanity for the club to invest money into their facility now which is scheduled to be bulldozed within the next 12 months or so. Yes they came 8th this season. They did not come 9th or 10th though. Those clubs don’t cop anywhere near the flack Valo does. When the new facility comes the club becomes more attractive and things change. Why all the hate? Do you fear the sleeping giant will soon awaken? God bless you all.
    Do you see what you are writing “wait for LMCC to deliver their LONG-PROMISED facility upgrade” promote a worthy NL1 team until the facility upgrade happens. I’ve been hearing about this facility upgrade for years, my guess is it’ll be many more years before we see the “LONG-PROMISED facility upgrade” even if it does happen in 12 months what’s wrong with spending a year in NL1 where they and a least one other club belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Do you see what you are writing “wait for LMCC to deliver their LONG-PROMISED facility upgrade” promote a worthy NL1 team until the facility upgrade happens. I’ve been hearing about this facility upgrade for years, my guess is it’ll be many more years before we see the “LONG-PROMISED facility upgrade” even if it does happen in 12 months what’s wrong with spending a year in NL1 where they and a least one other club belongs.
    Ladies and gentlemen ... it’s the muppet show! The last time they spent a year in NL1 they won the competition hence why they are in NPL where they belong!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen ... it’s the muppet show! The last time they spent a year in NL1 they won the competition hence why they are in NPL where they belong!
    There’s no bigger muppet than you champ.