Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1073

Thread: 2020 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Shut up. It’s local league football. I think players deserve a bit of time off before training again.
    Of course, but make sure you pay me the big dollars I’m asking to play “local league” as you call it

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Of course, but make sure you pay me the big dollars I’m asking to play “local league” as you call it
    Fair point, but the season is over. It’s could the off season for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    It’s called professionalism, this is why the game will not grow in Newcastle, suck it up men and see where it takes you snowflakes
    You have to be kidding Red

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    🎣🎣🎣

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    I actually agree with ForeverRed here.

Have a testing session after GF and plans to start offseason training shortly is not too much to ask considering the season just gone.

Season was only 13 games with Edgey having number of byes towards season. Plus we had no training or games for extended part of season due to lockdown.

Would have different opinion if full season like normal, but this wasn't a normal season. Plus you want to start off season training shortly to try and readjust to normal season.

Feel for the new coach, trying to raise the level and finds himself out the door due to a player revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    I actually agree with ForeverRed here.
    Are you agreeing with yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    I know I’ve been banging on about Lakes but after today they are now in their 2nd 18NPL grand final in three years.
    Some good things coming out of the club. Resies and 18s have been strong now for three or four years which is a good thing for the NPL generally. It’s a healthy competition if the not-so-glamorous teams can perform at least in the lower grades.
    Hopefully there are good things coming, the area needs and deserves a strong club, something that just hasn’t been there.
    So couple of questions
    If the Resies and 18 are so strong what is the deal with Josh Maguire ?? Nothing against the player personally but why pull a 40yo to the club, what message is this sending to the young ones. Same with Cowburn, if he is coming in with a game day only clause that sucks, youth train, play all year, no worries Mr Cowburn plays weekends, just sets a really poor example

The club has certainly struggled over the past few years. Sticking to a no spend policy and certainly concentrating on younger player. This last week just seems to be off track.
    Surely there is someone in their lower grades, or young ones from Magic, Olympic or Jaffas reserve grade, some great talent in those squads, not getting much opportunity.
    Just would have thought that to be a better long term approach

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Hopefully there are good things coming, the area needs and deserves a strong club, something that just hasn’t been there.
    So couple of questions
    If the Resies and 18 are so strong what is the deal with Josh Maguire ?? Nothing against the player personally but why pull a 40yo to the club, what message is this sending to the young ones. Same with Cowburn, if he is coming in with a game day only clause that sucks, youth train, play all year, no worries Mr Cowburn plays weekends, just sets a really poor example

The club has certainly struggled over the past few years. Sticking to a no spend policy and certainly concentrating on younger player. This last week just seems to be off track.
    Surely there is someone in their lower grades, or young ones from Magic, Olympic or Jaffas reserve grade, some great talent in those squads, not getting much opportunity.
    Just would have thought that to be a better long term approach
    The only way Josh Maguire should be there is coaching wise. Surely a 40yr old that has been playing ZPL for a few years ain’t making you stronger playing wise

I know I’ve been banging on about Lakes but after today they are now in their 2nd 18NPL grand final in three years.
    Some good things coming out of the club. Resies and 18s have been strong now for three or four years which is a good thing for the NPL generally. It’s a healthy competition if the not-so-glamorous teams can perform at least in the lower grades.
    To underline the above point:
    Lakes 18s won the grand final today 3-1 over Magic, and
    Lakes were announced as NNSW football’s NPL club of the year for 2020 at the Jennings medal awards last night.
    Last edited by LongSufferingFan; 22-11-2020 at 01:22 PM.

To underline the above point:
    Lakes were announced as NNSW football’s NPL club of the year for 2020 at the Jennings medal awards last night.
    Lakes being named club of the year is nearly as big a joke as Northern's 3 minute presentation video.
    Could you get more amateurish if you tried

Banned
    Well done. Good to see player strength being shared around.

Was the Lakes 1st grade coach there to watch them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Lakes being named club of the year is nearly as big a joke as Northern's 3 minute presentation video.
    Could you get more amateurish if you tried
    Why a joke Hurricane?
    I don’t know what the club of the year criteria is but I’m guessing it’s more to do with the off field outcomes more than the on field. As I have flagged in a post a week or so ago the club has captured my attention this year with a more active and organised committee that is promoting itself as investing in youth development while advertising they have the lowest Youth and sap rego fees in the competition. This could be right given the success of the lower senior grades and what little of their sap teams I’ve seen look competitive.

Do you have a reason to justify your joke tag or is it just A lack of awareness of what other clubs are doing?

Why a joke Hurricane?
    I don’t know what the club of the year criteria is but I’m guessing it’s more to do with the off field outcomes more than the on field. As I have flagged in a post a week or so ago the club has captured my attention this year with a more active and organised committee that is promoting itself as investing in youth development while advertising they have the lowest Youth and sap rego fees in the competition. This could be right given the success of the lower senior grades and what little of their sap teams I’ve seen look competitive.

Do you have a reason to justify your joke tag or is it just A lack of awareness of what other clubs are doing?
    Hey Long, I think club of the year should be based on a number of factors, including on ground results as well as improvements off the ground.
    The reason I think Lakes getting club of the year is as follows and this is nothing against Lakes , NNSW gave the award.
    13s Last
    14s Last
    15s 8th
    16s 11th

18s 3rd and gf winners congratulations
    Reserve 6th
    1st Last

A poor season with 3 teams coming last including 1st grade and another team second last. Hardly an earmark for club of the year.

I don't see a great deal of improvement off the field sorry, the ground and facilities look the same as they did back in the 90's.

I can't comment on the committee sorry. But I can't look at it any other way from these results, other than calling it a joke sorry

Hey Long, I think club of the year should be based on a number of factors, including on ground results as well as improvements off the ground.
    The reason I think Lakes getting club of the year is as follows and this is nothing against Lakes , NNSW gave the award.
    13s Last
    14s Last
    15s 8th
    16s 11th

18s 3rd and gf winners congratulations
    Reserve 6th
    1st Last

A poor season with 3 teams coming last including 1st grade and another team second last. Hardly an earmark for club of the year.

I don't see a great deal of improvement off the field sorry, the ground and facilities look the same as they did back in the 90's.

I can't comment on the committee sorry. But I can't look at it any other way from these results, other than calling it a joke sorry
    Have to agree with this, not sure what the criteria is but as far as progress I can't see this club being at the top.

Let's start the player rumour mill.
    Lake Macquarie
    Nick Cowburn. Josh Maguire. Declan Crook.
    Adamstown
    No signings
    Valentine
    Matt Thompson. Joel Wood. Ryan Clarke.
    Weston
    Nathan Lazada. Stuey Plant. Mitch Dobson
    Lambton
    Reece Papas. Johnny Maj. Dino Fan
    Maitland
    Alex Read. Charlie Cox. Chris Fayers. Lachlan Watson. Tyrell Paulson
    Olympic
    Jacob Bailey. Tom Davies. Luke Rutledge. Luke Vallone. Louis Townsend. Dan Eisanhauer.
    Charlestown
    Aaron Oppedisano. Harry Frendo. Jetty White. Dylan Burston
    Magic
    Jose Attadaye. Keanu Moore. Kale Bradbury. Nathan Cavalerie
    Edgeworth
    Lee Sterrey

Lake Macquarie
    Adamstown
    No signings
    Valentine
    Weston
    Lambton
    Maitland
    Olympic
    Jacob Bailey. Tom Davies. Luke Rutledge. Luke Vallone. Louis Townsend. Dan Eisanhauer.
    Charlestown
    Magic
    Edgeworth
    Lee Sterrey
    I presume that's Dino faj for Lambton? Wonder if he has told Olympic as he was announced as resigning not too long ago.

Have the valo ones been confirmed yet aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    I presume that's Dino faj for Lambton? Wonder if he has told Olympic as he was announced as resigning not too long ago.

Have the valo ones been confirmed yet aswell?
    Update

Clarke staying at Maitland
    Moore staying at Edgy
    Sterrey not staying at Edgy

Lake Macquarie
    Adamstown
    No signings
    Valentine
    Weston
    Lambton
    Maitland
    Olympic
    Charlestown
    Magic
    Edgeworth
    Lee Sterrey
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Update

Moore staying at Edgy
    Luke Vallon has not signed at Olympic (was playing for Edgeworth on the weekend against the jets).

Dino Faj has not signed at jaffas but have heard he is talking to other clubs

Johnny Maj is in talks with Lakes & Jaffas.

Ben Hay & Bailey Garland have also signed with jaffas alongside Reece Papas and with Bradbury to stay there, plus the edition of Numov to the coaching staff, they look pretty strong for next year, key word “on paper”

Ryan Clarke to stay at Maitland

& Sterrey gone from Edgeworth
    Last edited by Allday; 23-11-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Update

Moore staying at Edgy
    I heard Moore not staying at Edgie.
    Josh Rose offered the coaching gig for next year but too late as he accepted role with the Mariners.