Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Has to be the local residents that dont want it for my guess. I think NL even had the $$$ to finance it?
    Alder ain’t fit to redevelop. Big drains, too many houses overlooking.

Every1 no that NL eyes r on Arthur Edden. Why can’t they share with Jaffas? No reason other than old skool peeps not wanting to share there toys.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Alder ain’t fit to redevelop. Big drains, too many houses overlooking.

Every1 no that NL eyes r on Arthur Edden. Why can’t they share with Jaffas? No reason other than old skool peeps not wanting to share there toys.
    Does NOFC share their ground? Does Magic share theirs? Does Adamstown? No other NPL or Newfm teams there. Edden also has the WPL.

Sounds a bit like sob story again

Does NOFC share their ground? Does Magic share theirs? Does Adamstown? No other NPL or Newfm teams there. Edden also has the WPL.

Sounds a bit like sob story again
    Adamstown shares theirs, the WPL is run by the Junior club not the NPL club.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Adamstown shares theirs, the WPL is run by the Junior club not the NPL club.
    Fair enough. Adamstown did have New Lambton ZPL for a while as well.

Not sure why he's calling out Edden. Maybe if the centre of excellence happens with artificial pitches it could work.

Anyone got any updates on the GF after Plovergate.
    I know it’s moved to Macquarie Field but I heard rumours that the game was locked out or something similar as in full.
    Then the new 1 in 2 rule came in so thought it would’ve changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    I know it’s moved to Macquarie Field but I heard rumours that the game was locked out or something similar as in full.
    Apparently it is ticket only but will be on Bar TV

Some very entertaining and close games today in all of the GF’s. Plenty of goals to keep everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Some very entertaining and close games today in all of the GF’s. Plenty of goals to keep everyone happy.
    Scores?

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Scores?
    U/14’s 3-2 Merewether Over Middies
    U/17’s 4-2 Merewether Over Olympic
    Res 2-1 Adamstown Over Olympic
    1st 3-2 Olympic Over WBay

U/14’s 3-2 Merewether Over Middies
    U/17’s 4-2 Merewether Over Olympic
    Res 2-1 Adamstown Over Olympic
    1st 3-2 Olympic Over WBay
    👍 reads like a great day of GF football.

Anyone heard of the plan for the U/13’s next year. Is it going to be a hub day or are they going to be played on the same day as the rest of the teams and every other game will be pushed back. So 1st grade would be a 5pm kick off or something like that?

Banned
    Anyone heard of the plan for the U/13’s next year. Is it going to be a hub day or are they going to be played on the same day as the rest of the teams and every other game will be pushed back. So 1st grade would be a 5pm kick off or something like that?
    Could split them. 13s 15s 17s and res 1sts?

Has to be the local residents that dont want it for my guess. I think NL even had the $$$ to finance it?
    It also means that council would have to find a place for the cricket and little athletics to move to, which is more likely why they knocked it back

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    What was the deal with this?

And since when was the grand final ticketed to be purchased beforehand? And why?

Plovers were nesting and attacking players on field, had to change venue.
    Covid restrictions on number of spectators same as every other sport in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Plovers were nesting and attacking players on field, had to change venue.
    Covid restrictions on number of spectators same as every other sport in 2020.
    Fair enough but I haven't seen tickets required for prepurchase before hand at these other sports at a similar level.

[QUOTE=Goatscheese;242296]Fair enough but I haven't seen tickets required for prepurchase before hand at these other sports at a similar level.[/QUOTE)

Had to prebuy tickets for Newcastle Rugby League Grand Finals at Maitland last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    �� reads like a great day of GF football.
    It was indeed.
    In 14's Merewether had their first win over FMNC for the season, FMNC have won the previous 3 GF in 14's I believe, always a great team.
    Olympic gave Merewether a scare in 17's, two late goals to Merewether made it look better than it was.
    I missed the Res game, but surprised Olympic lost, they have been the best team all year. However the core of that team have been the best 17's team for the last two years and have failed to win a GF.
    1st grade - both teams had periods of dominance, and either "could" have won, but Olympic got the job done.

Given everything that has happened this year, a really good outcome for Women's football.

Current plan is to have all 5 games on the same day in 2021

Just speaking to my niece who plays in the Football Queensland WNPL U15's.
    They've just found out in their wisdom in the lead up to the Womens World Cup next year the have made their age groups U14's, U16's and the next one is U23's. How many girls are they going to lose after U16's - it's no wonder AFL is kicking on with their girls numbers.