Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81

Thread: 2020 Women's Premier League thread

  1. #1
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,073

    2020 Women's Premier League thread

    discussion starts here

  2. #2
    Looking forward to an interesting year. Any player movement rumors ;-)

  3. #3
    Hearing that the Jets have told all WLeague players they need to head to Sydney for the next WPL season to get a higher level of challenge.
    Will have a significant impact on the quality and development of the local WPL comp if true.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,159
    Makes sense

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson;23***8
    Hearing that the Jets have told all WLeague players they need to head to Sydney for the next WPL season to get a higher level of challenge.
    Will have a significant impact on the quality and development of the local WPL comp if true.
    That's going to hurt the quality of the competition a lot.

    Speaking of which is Tara Andrews staying at New Lambton?

  6. #6
    No heading to Manly.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,757
    I don't think the local WPL is the problem - the Jets this season would have been very competitive if they brought in some imports - like a playmaker and someone to assist Tara Andrews up front rather than have her tracking back so often to start the movement forward.

    Telling players they need a higher level challenge in Sydney is just another example of the Jets ownership / Executive shifting the blame for their own lack of vision and investment in the team.

    I thought the local girls did very well this year and with just one or two more high level players / imports that squad would have been knocking on the door come finals time.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20
    New Lambton 2- Broadmeadow 2

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20
    Any trial news? Should be gearing up two weeks out from the season starting

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnswf View Post
    Any trial news? Should be gearing up two weeks out from the season starting
    I know Olympic played West Wallsend Youth NewFM yesterday. And Rosebud played South Cardiff youth NewFM team yesterday not sure of the Olympic score but I think I saw on facebook that Adamstown lost to the U16 team 10-0

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I know Olympic played West Wallsend Youth NewFM yesterday. And Rosebud played South Cardiff youth NewFM team yesterday not sure of the Olympic score but I think I saw on facebook that Adamstown lost to the U16 team 10-0
    What’s this got to do with WPL?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    What’s this got to do with WPL?
    I think the Newcastle Olympic WPL team playing West Wallsend Youth and the Adamstown Rosebud WPL team playing South Cardiff youth teams has a hell of a lot to do with WPL.

    And considering the poster asked about trail news in the 2020 Women's Premier League thread I responded giving news about two WPL clubs and trails they help.

    Muppet

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20
    Olympic 3 Warner’s bay 0

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    715
    Speaking of Warners Bay, where are they intending to play start of the season? All away games? Went past John Street Oval the other day and it's still being worked on.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Speaking of Warners Bay, where are they intending to play start of the season? All away games? Went past John Street Oval the other day and it's still being worked on.
    Drove past today and turf was being laid on the field nearest the creek. I would imagine that it will be ready for the start of the community football season at the beginning of May, not sure what will happen for the interim.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Drove past today and turf was being laid on the field nearest the creek. I would imagine that it will be ready for the start of the community football season at the beginning of May, not sure what will happen for the interim.
    No home games for 4 weeks then playing fixtures at Macquarie Field until its ready, simple look at the draw is all it takes.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    No home games for 4 weeks then playing fixtures at Macquarie Field until its ready, simple look at the draw is all it takes.
    Why would I do that when I know someone will tell me on here? Thanks by the way

  18. #18
    Friday night Magic v Thornton

    New Lambton vs Adamstown at #2 on Sunday - we had a good crowd (estimated at 300) for the Merewether v New Lambton game at #2 last weekend.

    Olympic vs Merewether at Darling St Sunday (a derby??)

    WB up at Taree.

    Get along and support women's football!

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Friday night Magic v Thornton

    New Lambton vs Adamstown at #2 on Sunday - we had a good crowd (estimated at 300) for the Merewether v New Lambton game at #2 last weekend.

    Olympic vs Merewether at Darling St Sunday (a derby??)

    WB up at Taree.

    Get along and support women's football!
    Surely your derby is still when you play Adamstown as the two oldest clubs in the comp especially since now you have the Friendship Cup (who came up with that name?)

    I'd personally say Magic and Olympic would still be derby day between the two harking back to the Wallsend-South Wallsend derby

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Friday night Magic v Thornton

    New Lambton vs Adamstown at #2 on Sunday - we had a good crowd (estimated at 300) for the Merewether v New Lambton game at #2 last weekend.

    Olympic vs Merewether at Darling St Sunday (a derby??)

    WB up at Taree.

    Get along and support women's football!
    Must have counted everyone before halftime then again after halftime at 2 last week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •