Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Must have counted everyone before halftime then again after halftime at 2 last week.
    Bigger crowd than I have seen at many NPL first grade games Johnno, sorry brother but that estimate is close.

So a 1st grade Magic player has the virus and all games postponed. Hopefully we don't see too many other matches going down. Not even NPL is getting 500 people so no need to prevent people entering just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    So a 1st grade Magic player has the virus and all games postponed. Hopefully we don't see too many other matches going down. Not even NPL is getting 500 people so no need to prevent people entering just yet.
    Has the whole round been postponed? I think they made the right call with the Magic game, didnt realise the whole thing had been postponed.

Be curious how they deal with community club juniors days though. Easily 500 people at some clubs when the juniors play and trials will just be getting started in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Has the whole round been postponed? I think they made the right call with the Magic game, didnt realise the whole thing had been postponed.

Be curious how they deal with community club juniors days though. Easily 500 people at some clubs when the juniors play and trials will just be getting started in the next few weeks.
    Not the whole round just first & reserves tonight, 14’s & 17’s going ahead on Sunday. Other games going ahead, 1 player with symptoms has been tested no result yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Not the whole round just first & reserves tonight, 14’s & 17’s going ahead on Sunday. Other games going ahead, 1 player with symptoms has been tested no result yet.
    All games between Magic and Thornton are off, tonight’s and Sundays. According to a post on Facebook from Thornton WPL page.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    All games between Magic and Thornton are off, tonight’s and Sundays. According to a post on Facebook from Thornton WPL page.
    Sorry read it wrong, yep all 4 grades off.

Has it been confirmed that next year the lowest age in WPL will now be U/13’s, Or was that just a rumour I heard?

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Has it been confirmed that next year the lowest age in WPL will now be U/13’s, Or was that just a rumour I heard?
    I heard the same thing 13s, 15s and 18s

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I heard the same thing 13s, 15s and 18s
    Will be good to see how the quality and numbers go for clubs with this change, hopefully bring the WPL to be more closely aligned with the structure used for NPL.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    Will be good to see how the quality and numbers go for clubs with this change, hopefully bring the WPL to be more closely aligned with the structure used for NPL.
    Indeed shame there isn't the numbers of the quality to match it exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Nnswf View Post
    New Lambton 😂😂😂

So much for NL “promoting youth” and valuing “loyalty”
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Gosh she had some clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    thats not the half of it if the email i got forwarded the other day was real.expect more issues over the next few months in their youth ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    thats not the half of it if the email i got forwarded the other day was real.expect more issues over the next few months in their youth ranks.
    Please explain

FFS....do you regularly get emails "forwarded" to you that are not real? Time for a hobby or a life perhaps old mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    FFS....do you regularly get emails "forwarded" to you that are not real?
    i get lots of emails.many of which contain information relevant to me, many of which dont.but as a high powered man in the know with the ear of the boss you'd know more than me.ill admit my comment pertained to a conversation in a different thread but the sentiment seems to be poignant across all in local football.anyway as always, my club is the best and so is yours.enjoy your football.

Hi sapdad,

I’d love to unpack this a bit more if you are happy to share more detail?

A

Maitland announce take over of Thornton today. Great step in the right direction for Women’s football in the area.. very exciting times.