Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Maitland announce take over of Thornton today. Great step in the right direction for Women’s football in the area.. very exciting times.
    Great news, women's football need a strong presence in the area.

Smart move by Maitland. Could help with funding applications for Cooks Square and bringing more money into the club.

So next year New Lambton, Merewether & Warner’s Bay are the only Hunter based teams not affiliated with NPL clubs.
    Do any of them have a chance at NPLW status by 2022 or can we look forward to more mergers/takeovers?
    If so, who will realistically associate with who?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    So next year New Lambton, Merewether & Warner’s Bay are the only Hunter based teams not affiliated with NPL clubs.
    Do any of them have a chance at NPLW status by 2022 or can we look forward to more mergers/takeovers?
    I’m predicting more mergers/ takeovers next year. My guess is Warner’s Bay to either Lakes or Valo Merewether to Lambton and I would think New Lambton keep hold of their own in hope of going to NPL with the men’s... well that’s my guess anyway.

I think NNSW have shown their hand. NPL and WNPL teams will all be the same clubs in closed competitions. Good luck to any other club wanting a look in to the top flight of mens or womens. The status quo will remain as is for a long time.

Already rumours about Warners Bay to Lakes that started at the same time as the rumours of Thornton to Maitland.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I think NNSW have shown their hand. NPL and WNPL teams will all be the same clubs in closed competitions. Good luck to any other club wanting a look in to the top flight of mens or womens. The status quo will remain as is for a long time.

Already rumours about Warners Bay to Lakes that started at the same time as the rumours of Thornton to Maitland.
    All makes sense. Especially if it’s true that NNSWF are offering financial incentives for these mergers/licence takeovers to happen. Only a matter of time.

Keelan Hamilton also announced as Maitland FC Head Coach for WPL next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Keelan Hamilton also announced as Maitland FC Head Coach for WPL next year.
    Must mean they have money to spend

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Must mean they have money to spend
    What’s that suppose to mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Circa New Lambton WPL 2018/2019

Same blokes that bag every club trying to make progress ForeverRed

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Yes on one hand proclaims to be a great supporter of Women’s Football and then takes every opportunity to slag off at any other club who are working on improving football for women.
    Stop. Dont start this gender shit. He and others say this about football clubs in general. At least hes talking womens football

Part of the reason i find it hard to follow womens football are these arrogant feminist aholes, think Rapinoe, proclaiming they deserve everything be fore they earn it.

“Don’t start xxxx”

*starts xxxxx*

I wouldn't call Adamstown affliated. It's ARJFC and ARFC, two clubs, two banks accounts, two committees, they just use the same ground and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    It means they have money to spend and they did offer him a pretty packet

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Still a very big push toward NPL at NL. Men and Women. They now run the Alder Park Bowlo too?? Not a bad idea if true and if they can make it work with sponsors hard to find in the next few years they create a revenue stream from a licensed club. Not many NPL clubs in Newcastle have that.
    im actually not here to start a fight so please take this the correct way, but isnt the ground still a major issue with the NPL bid?Didnt council reject yet another redevelopment plan?are they taking the piss with the continual knock backs or is there something seriously wrong with Alder Park?

I have deleted a post that contained defamatory content.
    Seriously people, this is what got this sub-forum shut down previously. Pull your heads in and stop this mud-slinging shit or the local football section will be shut down permanently.
    Which would be a great shame, its a very popular section of the website but its not the wild west where you can post what you want. Naming individuals and then posting libelous statements about them is quite clearly against the rules (read the rules announcement at the top of every sub-forum page) and will result in disciplinary action.

Onyatoes has received a 2 point infraction, 1 more point and it will result in a month ban from the forum altogether.
    Last edited by furns; 02-10-2020 at 02:54 PM.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    “Don’t start xxxx”

*starts xxxxx*
    Goose. It was a reply not the start

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    im actually not here to start a fight so please take this the correct way, but isnt the ground still a major issue with the NPL bid?Didnt council reject yet another redevelopment plan?are they taking the piss with the continual knock backs or is there something seriously wrong with Alder Park?
    Has to be the local residents that dont want it for my guess. I think NL even had the $$$ to finance it?