Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    This is of course true Hunter and is important for parents to remember. But what a lot of parents may not know if that lots of clubs pool all money together from SAP all the way up to Seniors and then use this for the running of the club. The 'running' obviously includes 1st grade wages, fine payments, lighting for training at main ground lighting and maintenance, not all of which SAP and youth players have access to. Most parents I talk to would like the majority of their fees to be going towards their childs football but this isn't strictly the case for the most part.

Aegon - you sound happy with the fees you pay at your club which is great. A lot of my time spent in my role at the club is spent discussing fees with parents and I often find it difficult to justify the costs. Perhaps I'll use your example of gymnastics or dancing as a comparison!

A
    Gymnastics for my 5yo $200 per term, for my 8yo $330 per term + $75 annual registration. 2 hrs per week.
    Dancing was way worse.

SAP $1000 per season. 3-4hrs training per week + 22 games.

I think it would be a wise club that itemised where the fee went, for example $10 for lighting, $20 for ground hire, $30 for rego etc. Transparent itemisation would clear up a lot of arguments and also discourage clubs from passing on things like a large fine to a senior coach to all the youth players.

It is the unknowns that lead to parental speculation.
    Last edited by Hunter403; 01-05-2020 at 06:02 PM.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Slightly off topic to fees. How have people found communication from their clubs since the shut down?

Without naming any club. Have been very disappointed in our clubs communication. We have received no information, updates, rego details or any training drills since training finished. Kids basically told to kick ball around and keep fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I think it would be a wise club that itemised where the fee went, for example $10 for lighting, $20 for ground hire, $30 for rego etc. Transparent itemisation would clear up a lot of arguments and also discourage clubs from passing on things like a large fine to a senior coach to all the youth players.

It is the unknowns that lead to parental speculation.
    I absolutely agree with you Hunter. But at our club I’ve been told not to do that because too much information leads to too many questions. SAP and youth parents obviously won’t want to pay the Senior club bills but that’s how it is. If we itemise real costs there will be uproar. Sadly, as it stands, we name the price, parents pay, and no more questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Slightly off topic to fees. How have people found communication from their clubs since the shut down?

Without naming any club. Have been very disappointed in our clubs communication. We have received no information, updates, rego details or any training drills since training finished. Kids basically told to kick ball around and keep fit.
    I understand your frustration Red. At our club coaches sent out some drills early on, but the reality is that clubs have been in the dark as much as everyone else. I’ve been desperate to communicate with our parents, but with nothing concrete to say it was felt best to say nothing at all.

Hopefully, with the news from today, everything will change and you’ll be overwhelmed with comms from your club!

A

Youth NPL to kick off on the weekend of 4th-5th July. Finish on weekend of 31st Oct-1st Nov. No finals to be played. A couple of mid-week games thrown in and some weekends for Mid Coast and North Coast to play on both the Saturday and Sunday. Not set in stone yet but NNSWF have asked clubs to approve or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post

Excellent.
    Drills, YouTube Videos, etc have been sent through plus checking in emails from the Football Director.

Youth football was going to go ahead as the clubs cant afford to refund. Senior football was not wanted to go ahead without spectators to pay gate and canteen as clubs cant afford player payments without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo14 View Post
    Youth football was going to go ahead as the clubs cant afford to refund. Senior football was not wanted to go ahead without spectators to pay gate and canteen as clubs cant afford player payments without them.
    Both will go ahead, guaranteed Dodo.
    If spectators are not allowed, clubs will have to speak to their senior squad and stars about taking pay cuts or not playing this season

You slag me off for making shit up and then you start towing my line on the Youth forums? I take it as a compliment champion. Your welcome. Yes both will play, no spectators. First past the post won't fly in Youth, forfeits will be everywhere. The NPL Seniors will go cap in hand to NNSWF. If Eland is dumb enough to pay up or give them concessions he deserves what is coming. Time for him to earn his CEO wage and show some balls and lead the way.

Kids can go to school, sit next to each other in classes of 20 plus, be near each other in corridors etc, but they can only train in the open air in groups of 10 and have no physical contact. And the experts tell us kids are less likely to catch it.

Can't have parents watch, again in the open air, and likely way less than 100 per game but we can all congregate in shopping centres in our thousands.

Seems out of balance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Kids can go to school, sit next to each other in classes of 20 plus, be near each other in corridors etc, but they can only train in the open air in groups of 10 and have no physical contact. And the experts tell us kids are less likely to catch it.
    Less likely to spread it but it isn't just kids that play.

Can't have parents watch, again in the open air, and likely way less than 100 per game but we can all congregate in shopping centres in our thousands.
    They aren't meant to be congregating in groups in shopping centres either. Just because they do doesn't mean they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Less likely to spread it but it isn't just kids that play.

They aren't meant to be congregating in groups in shopping centres either. Just because they do doesn't mean they should.
    I think the point was more around inconsistency.

I’m with Hunter, I can’t make sense of most of the rules in place atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I think the point was more around inconsistency.

I’m with Hunter, I can’t make sense of most of the rules in place atm.
    Indeed talk about 50 allowed in a pub but only 10 allowed as a group to train

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Indeed talk about 50 allowed in a pub but only 10 allowed as a group to train
    Watching news tonight with over 250
    Broncos fans watching game from a drive in, all parked side by side, 70 cars, over 250 people, sitting outside there cars on chairs and blankets.
    Social distancing in so far as each family is at least 2 metres away from the next.
    Can anyone tell me how this is ok yet we can’t go watch games?
    My son has just turned 17 and is driving, playing 18s but we now can’t go to watch at all.
    It’s crazy.
    Especially when you see the crowds and lack of distancing in shopping centres at times.
    Expect no explanation from Northern they are useless

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Watching news tonight with over 250
    Broncos fans watching game from a drive in, all parked side by side, 70 cars, over 250 people, sitting outside there cars on chairs and blankets.
    Social distancing in so far as each family is at least 2 metres away from the next.
    Can anyone tell me how this is ok yet we can’t go watch games?
    My son has just turned 17 and is driving, playing 18s but we now can’t go to watch at all.
    It’s crazy.
    Especially when you see the crowds and lack of distancing in shopping centres at times.
    Expect no explanation from Northern they are useless
    The rules come from the NSW government of sport, get facts right or don’t comment

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    The rules come from the NSW government of sport, get facts right or don’t comment
    Why bother with facts in this thread?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I think you were looking for "NSW Office of Sport"....

Was posted today that youth including 18's will get their full season, as it is, just with shifted dates.

"There is no material change to the NPL Youth competitions. Clubs will play out their season as it is currently structured, with alterations made only to the fixtures to push the season back."

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/p...020-announced/

Out of the 5 comps by Northern it is the only one to not be any different.

U18's have been pushed down to the youth group and are playing a full season as well. This is just so the clubs don't have to pay any refunds to youth players. Everything from Northern and the clubs has been about money and refunds. So sad