Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Looks like a bunch of magic boys off to the Jets after a bunch of Jets boys went to the mariners
    I saw the FB post - It's late to be backfilling player losses which will probably mean other clubs losing players to magic.

Did any of the other clubs in those age groups that had similarly talented teams (Olympic, Edgy, Jaffas, Buds) lose players as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I saw the FB post - It's late to be backfilling player losses which will probably mean other clubs losing players to magic.

Did any of the other clubs in those age groups that had similarly talented teams (Olympic, Edgy, Jaffas, Buds) lose players as well?
    Some of them would have been 12's playing 13's this year that have gone to playing 13's again with the jets. one or two of those were at the buds, olympic and a few at Charlestown.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Some of them would have been 12's playing 13's this year that have gone to playing 13's again with the jets. one or two of those were at the buds, olympic and a few at Charlestown.
    The post only called out players from the 14's, 15's and 16's though.

The post only called out players from the 14's, 15's and 16's though.
    because those boys would have been going into 14's next season, so the spots they are filling are their spots in the 14s since the rest of the 13's are now going to 14's.

I think Olympic lost a couple. People asking why Olympic and magic attract a lot of young talent can probably start seeing why this is the case. For whatever reason, the majority of new recruits to the jets come from these 2 youth programs

Majority of players have been taken from this year u14 team. Only 2 kids were U12 players from emerging Jets.

because those boys would have been going into 14's next season, so the spots they are filling are their spots in the 14s since the rest of the 13's are now going to 14's.
    Nah, from what I’ve heard there has been a bunch of kids who have been picked in the mariners 15s. The 13s team was selected months ago

Nah, from what I’ve heard there has been a bunch of kids who have been picked in the mariners 15s. The 13s team was selected months ago
    Do you know what the movement is about from the jets to the mariners, I've heard that there has been movement from the jets NPL and WPL teams, is the quality of training etc better?

Just wondering what the difference is to add so much more travel into your week. Makes me tired thinking about it.

can't be ownership issues, since both clubs appear to be in the same place atm.

Do you know what the movement is about from the jets to the mariners, I've heard that there has been movement from the jets NPL and WPL teams, is the quality of training etc better?

Just wondering what the difference is to add so much more travel into your week. Makes me tired thinking about it.

can't be ownership issues, since both clubs appear to be in the same place atm.
    Yeah easy, Mariners are NPL1 and FNSW politics leaves the Jets in NPL2 for another year

Yeah easy, Mariners are NPL1 and FNSW politics leaves the Jets in NPL2 for another year
    Ah. I thought they were leaving them in NPL1. Makes sense if they have been moved back down again.

Ah. I thought they were leaving them in NPL1. Makes sense if they have been moved back down again.
    Were the Jets carving through NPL2 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Were the Jets carving through NPL2 teams?
    Yes, they would have been promoted easily but FNSW decided no pro/rel due to covid

Yes, they would have been promoted easily but FNSW decided no pro/rel due to covid
    https://mens.nplnsw.com.au/club-cham...p-npl-2-youth/

Thx, 14 points behind with 16 games in hand and all teams undefeated

Always a good result to be performing well at any level. But the real test will be playing against the other 36 clubs in the NPL1 and NPL2 White. I hope they are promoted quickly, as they deserve, otherwise they would have found far stronger opposition remaining with Northern, and certainly less travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    Always a good result to be performing well at any level. But the real test will be playing against the other 36 clubs in the NPL1 and NPL2 White. I hope they are promoted quickly, as they deserve, otherwise they would have found far stronger opposition remaining with Northern, and certainly less travel.
    They did that. Beat all the top teams in white. Played NPL1 teams in preseason and won, beat the mariners in a friendly. They might not finish top 4 or even top 6 in NPL1 but they would do ok and it would be much better for the supposed “best” players in the area to have a proper test every week.

Banned
    Bullshit from the NSWnpl turds

They did that. Beat all the top teams in white. Played NPL1 teams in preseason and won, beat the mariners in a friendly. They might not finish top 4 or even top 6 in NPL1 but they would do ok and it would be much better for the supposed “best” players in the area to have a proper test every week.
    Not quite.... 6 from 6 in 13,14's. 5 from 6 in 15's and 3 from 4 in NPL4.....
    2.1 comp 5 from 5 in 13's, 4 from 5 in 14,15,16's and 3 from 5 in 18's...
    Not very good for that level of play with a talent pool from Swansea to the QLD border.
    And the seniors result's were diabolical!!

Not sure about friendly results, but they didn't beat the Mariners in all ages.

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    Not quite.... 6 from 6 in 13,14's. 5 from 6 in 15's and 3 from 4 in NPL4.....
    2.1 comp 5 from 5 in 13's, 4 from 5 in 14,15,16's and 3 from 5 in 18's...
    Not very good for that level of play with a talent pool from Swansea to the QLD border.
    And the seniors result's were diabolical!!

Not sure about friendly results, but they didn't beat the Mariners in all ages.
    The beat the mariners in 3 out of 4 age groups. A good day out in anyone’s language and it showed when the jets had full strength teams, they can match it with anyone.
    Not sure what your axe to grind is but going by your username, there’s a history there. Fair enough, nobody said they were perfect or the best team in the land.
    The mariners do have a well run program and I’m told from a few sources that a nice parental sponsorship will be favourably looked upon come retention time.

News out of FNSW is that they are changing their structure for 2022 which will mean that there is no pro/rel in 2021.

The Jets Youth teams will not be able to promote until at least 2023!!