Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Just need Northern and FFA to put some pressure on the council to allow them to continue to use the field for game days.
    Would help if cricket didn't block book every ground around regardless of whether they intend to use it or not.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Would help if cricket didn't block book every ground around regardless of whether they intend to use it or not.
    That's another issue too, I see cricket blocking grounds out and then not used at all on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    If any season is played this year, have no doubt it will be shortened season and may run into cricket season. Trials can always be pushed back later in year and would not be surprised if next year is pushed back and shortened.
    No NPL grounds have cricket on it (except for Valentine). Players can decide whether they want to play football or cricket. Most Football games will be played later so kids could play both if they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    No NPL grounds have cricket on it (except for Valentine). Players can decide whether they want to play football or cricket. Most Football games will be played later so kids could play both if they wish.
    If we get a season Northern should be pushing use of available grounds to complete all games. Magic park, edgy, Darling ain’t got no ground pressure in cricket season so just hold games all day @ those grounds. All money go into the pot & shared even among all clubs. Gets games done, gives a comp & clubs get some $$$. Galas for short season probably gets more ppl involved so might even help spread the comp to non soccer fans

Hearing a couple of unconfirmed reports (got it 2nd hand) that parents have gone to clubs to ask for a refund given what’s happening, no chance season starting on Northerns publicised date and their circumstances and the refunds have been denied. Anyone know anything further? I would hope this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Hearing a couple of unconfirmed reports (got it 2nd hand) that parents have gone to clubs to ask for a refund given whatÂ’s happening, no chance season starting on Northerns publicised date and their circumstances and the refunds have been denied. Anyone know anything further? I would hope this is not the case.
    I have been told the same. With an increasing number of people losing their jobs and running out of money this will only grow. If we get back to football at all this season I would be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    I have been told the same. With an increasing number of people losing their jobs and running out of money this will only grow. If we get back to football at all this season I would be very surprised.
    The season will get played in some form. There is no reason why it can't run all the way till the end of the year. Football is the biggest participation sport and will get played in preference to summer sports if the season overlap. Could be the case where football is played from September or hopefully earlier all the way to the December holidays all the Summer sports start in January and we start again in June. It can all happen people just need to think outside the box. Refund's are not straight forward especially for the players that have already had a game this season and those that have used the $100 voucher because that can't be returned to player. Everyone just needs to be patient and when the virus is beaten make the best of a very bad situation with all the sports having to take a hit in some form.

I think coaching football is a lot harder. I mean you just plug in the data and you get a definitive answer.
    Football is a lot of unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Could be the case where football is played from September or hopefully earlier all the way to the December holidays all the Summer sports start in January and we start again in June.
    Cricket takes most grounds from October. Maybe the NPL youth could avoid this due to NPL grounds not having cricket on them.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Cricket takes most grounds from October. Maybe the NPL youth could avoid this due to NPL grounds not having cricket on them.
    Northern and FFA need to have a chat with local councils about this. Including ensuring that if cricket do book a ground they actually use it. See plenty of block bookings by cricket clubs and the association and no games on it for weeks on end.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Well cricket will just have to be told that that they can start when football finishes same for Surf Lifesaving etc, winter sports are the biggest participation sports they need to get played to get the most amount of the public active again. The Summer sports can't get off with NO distruption or loss everyone has to take a hit possibly over the next 2 years to get back to normal.

In Melbourne are they going to stop AFL at the MCG for a cricket game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Well cricket will just have to be told that that they can start when football finishes same for Surf Lifesaving etc, winter sports are the biggest participation sports they need to get played to get the most amount of the public active again. The Summer sports can't get off with NO distruption or loss everyone has to take a hit possibly over the next 2 years to get back to normal.

In Melbourne are they going to stop AFL at the MCG for a cricket game?
    The AFL has a bit more clout with the MCC over use of the MCG then local clubs have with councils. Why we need heavy hitters to come in.

Whether or not Senior football proceeds (local Rugby League have today pulled pin if crowds not allowed), Youth football is all but guaranteed with restrictions as all clubs have given 100% support. Whilst this gives one a sense of comfort that the clubs care about Youth and SAP there is a separate agenda at play. Any Youth parent here? Ring your club. Ask them if refunds (less gear) are available regardless of whether a comp is played or not.....NPL clubs have spent the money. Probably clearing 2019 debt in November, but also to fund ridiculous sign on fees for a few Senior players. Ask the question people or continue to get screwed over and nothing will ever change. Rumblings around the country already on this front.....First XI, FFA Review with Remo Nogarotto. NNSWF will be called on at some stage to share the lay of the land. An opportune time to enforce some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Whether or not Senior football proceeds (local Rugby League have today pulled pin if crowds not allowed), Youth football is all but guaranteed with restrictions as all clubs have given 100% support. Whilst this gives one a sense of comfort that the clubs care about Youth and SAP there is a separate agenda at play. Any Youth parent here? Ring your club. Ask them if refunds (less gear) are available regardless of whether a comp is played or not.....NPL clubs have spent the money. Probably clearing 2019 debt in November, but also to fund ridiculous sign on fees for a few Senior players. Ask the question people or continue to get screwed over and nothing will ever change. Rumblings around the country already on this front.....First XI, FFA Review with Remo Nogarotto. NNSWF will be called on at some stage to share the lay of the land. An opportune time to enforce some changes.
    This would be part of it with some clubs I am sure Onya.
    But people wanting full refunds are kidding as well.
    Proportions of a players rego goes to Northern and to ffa. Clubs aren't financially stable enough to repay that money unless it is reimbursed by Northern and ffa.
    Then you have the gear component, all players get upwards of $300 in gear, bags training gear, playing strips, tracksuits, dress shirt.
    The club has ordered and paid and distributed all of this gear out, so there can't be a refund here either.
    But I agree with you that certain clubs definitely dip into youth registration to pay senior squads

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    So your club is giving a partial refund to parents? Has already given a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    This would be part of it with some clubs I am sure Onya.
    But people wanting full refunds are kidding as well.
    Proportions of a players rego goes to Northern and to ffa. Clubs aren't financially stable enough to repay that money unless it is reimbursed by Northern and ffa.
    Then you have the gear component, all players get upwards of $300 in gear, bags training gear, playing strips, tracksuits, dress shirt.
    The club has ordered and paid and distributed all of this gear out, so there can't be a refund here either.
    But I agree with you that certain clubs definitely dip into youth registration to pay senior squads
    Hi guys,

Northern fees for SAP are around $350, so the rest of the fees after that go directly to the club. You are right Hurricane that some clubs do include playing strips as part of the SAP package, but some clubs do not and this is an extra on top. I will let the parents on here work out just how much of their fees go to the club but it is fair to say some SAP and Youth regos definitely prop up the Seniors at many.

I understand Onyatoes point about calling clubs out on this but clubs have been allowed to get away with this from Northern. Same in Sydney, same on the Central Coast. The game needs the root and branch change that is being hinted at by James Johnson and rego fees are top of his list.

I wholeheartedly believe community, SAP and Youth football will go ahead this year - and soon from the noises I am hearing! - but refunds will be a contentious part of club administration over the next few months. Rightly so too.

A

Jaffa’s SAP fees:
    30-35% on uniforms
    35-40% goes to Northern

The club gets the rest.

Still cheaper than paying for my girls gymnastics or in the past dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Jaffa’s SAP fees:
    30-35% on uniforms
    35-40% goes to Northern

The club gets the rest.

Still cheaper than paying for my girls gymnastics or in the past dancing.
    Don't forget that the part that goes to the club has to help cver ground payments, power etc. No doubt there is something left after all the running costs are paid, but not all.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Don't forget that the part that goes to the club has to help cver ground payments, power etc. No doubt there is something left after all the running costs are paid, but not all.
    Yup, completely understand. I'm not complaining, was just giving an example of the breakdown.

This is of course true Hunter and is important for parents to remember. But what a lot of parents may not know if that lots of clubs pool all money together from SAP all the way up to Seniors and then use this for the running of the club. The 'running' obviously includes 1st grade wages, fine payments, lighting for training at main ground lighting and maintenance, not all of which SAP and youth players have access to. Most parents I talk to would like the majority of their fees to be going towards their childs football but this isn't strictly the case for the most part.

Aegon - you sound happy with the fees you pay at your club which is great. A lot of my time spent in my role at the club is spent discussing fees with parents and I often find it difficult to justify the costs. Perhaps I'll use your example of gymnastics or dancing as a comparison!

A