Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Mariners playing Edgeworth this weekend
    How is that allowed, they are a completely different region. Does that not put the whole competition at risk, considering there were cases who travelled from Sydney to the coast recently? Same with the jets playing the mariners, the whole complaint was keeping them out of Sydney. but instead of doing that now we are inviting teams up here, yet north coast can't finish their season, that is really unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    Dominated the Jets in 15's , 16's and 18's last weekend also.
    Didn't Olympic NPL Youth give the Jets youth teams a touch up as well a few weeks ago?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Didn't Olympic NPL Youth give the Jets youth teams a touch up as well a few weeks ago?
    I know of one age group that was

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Olympic won the 15s I believe but one would assume that is fair considering the team had been in lockdown for 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Olympic won the 15s I believe but one would assume that is fair considering the team had been in lockdown for 2 weeks
    Arnt the Jets the so called “best of their age”. Shouldn’t matter if they were in lockdown or not they should comfortably win. Perhaps the opinions of the Jets selectors isn’t as good as we all think...

Quote Originally Posted by abcdef View Post
    arnt the jets the so called “best of their age”. Shouldn’t matter if they were in lockdown or not they should comfortably win. Perhaps the opinions of the jets selectors isn’t as good as we all think...

😂😂😂😂😂😂ok

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    How is that allowed, they are a completely different region. Does that not put the whole competition at risk, considering there were cases who travelled from Sydney to the coast recently? Same with the jets playing the mariners, the whole complaint was keeping them out of Sydney. but instead of doing that now we are inviting teams up here, yet north coast can't finish their season, that is really unfair.
    For the same reason Mid-North Coast are allowed to continue. They can travel separately and don't have to stay overnight.

Anyway none of this was banned, it was just a recommendation. Northern could've ignored the recommendation and allowed North Coast to continue playing

For the same reason Mid-North Coast are allowed to continue. They can travel separately and don't have to stay overnight.

Anyway none of this was banned, it was just a recommendation. Northern could've ignored the recommendation and allowed North Coast to continue playing
    Did the plane fly right over your head when you missed the point? seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    Arnt the Jets the so called “best of their age”. Shouldn’t matter if they were in lockdown or not they should comfortably win. Perhaps the opinions of the Jets selectors isn’t as good as we all think...
    Jets selectors? No such thing. You NEVER see a Jets person at an NPL Youth game. Hell, they never watched other teams when they were in the comp. At best they have trialled 1 or 2 from whichever team topped the table.

Did the plane fly right over your head when you missed the point? seriously.
    Did you have a point?

Did you have a point?
    I’d already made it. There’s cases on the coast from Sydney. The risk to the kids in our NPL competition isn’t worth it to play a friendly against the Mariners. Let them play in their own region. After all the moaning about the jets going to Sydney it’s rubbish.

I’d already made it. There’s cases on the coast from Sydney. The risk to the kids in our NPL competition isn’t worth it to play a friendly against the Mariners. Let them play in their own region. After all the moaning about the jets going to Sydney it’s rubbish.
    Oh right just your own moaning. I didn't miss your point then I just showed why your point was wrong.

I’ve managed to watch a lot of youth games over the past 2 years.
    One of the best team's this year, I would have to say, and the most consistent is the Magic 14s this year.
    They're the most entertaining team in the Comp, great passing game and never seem to panic under pressure. I know the coaches seem to be loud and vocal but, the kids in that team respond well and execute game plans by the looks of it and it shows the kids that they care about them.
    I'm thinking of taking my kid there for a trial for next year, if they're open to it, I’ve spoken to some of the parents and they speak highly of the coaches, the kids absolutely love them as they're very passionate in developing their skills as players and they love their training sessions and the pair always have a backup plan if grounds are washed out, always different and very advanced training drills. That's what a coach is there for to make the kids enjoy it and develop them into better footballers. plus, they have promoted 3 players into the 15s squad in 2020 from the 13s team and have 3 to 4 every game on the bench.
    So the coaches in my eyes are doing a great job by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    One of the best team's this year, I would have to say, and the most consistent is the Magic 14s this year.
    They're the most entertaining team in the Comp, great passing game and never seem to panic under pressure. I know the coaches seem to be loud and vocal but, the kids in that team respond well and execute game plans by the looks of it and it shows the kids that they care about them.
    I'm thinking of taking my kid there for a trial for next year, if they're open to it, I’ve spoken to some of the parents and they speak highly of the coaches, the kids absolutely love them as they're very passionate in developing their skills as players and they love their training sessions and the pair always have a backup plan if grounds are washed out, always different and very advanced training drills. That's what a coach is there for to make the kids enjoy it and develop them into better footballers. plus, they have promoted 3 players into the 15s squad in 2020 from the 13s team and have 3 to 4 every game on the bench.
    A player from the U15s played Reserve Grade on the weekend too.

Last time I watched a magic game the 13s coach made them run sprints after playing for 80 minutes until at least one of them was laying on the ground looking like he was going to lose his breakfast. This continued until the 14's came out onto the pitch for their game, I assume it was some sort of punishment because they only scored one goal against us in the second half. They definitely are good at making their kids "enjoy" football, although I don't think kids need to be "made" to enjoy football, its certainly easy to make them stop enjoying it though...

I never had a problem with the jets playing in Sydney. I was referring to the double standard..... those areas are either a problem, or they aren't....

I'm thinking of taking my kid there for a trial for next year, if they're open to it .
    LOL Sound like you already at Magic to me!!

Give yourself another pat on the back bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    LOL Sound like you already at Magic to me!!

Give yourself another pat on the back bro!!
    And it was a big rap for a team coming second and a goal difference of 40 less than team coming first.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    And it was a big rap for a team coming second and a goal difference of 40 less than team coming first.
    Big LOL!!!!

Magic coaches on hear trying 2 make themselves feel good. Haha haha

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Big LOL!!!!

Magic coaches on hear trying 2 make themselves feel good. Haha haha
    Lol, ain't no coach, wish I was.