Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    NOFC 4-1 v Jaffas 15s tonight
    good game that. score not really reflective of the game as Jaffas had a field player in goal and it showed.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    8 kids from 1 club is wild. WTF are Buds to do with that? I guess those current Jaffas boys will be let go so maybe they just swop clubs????
    With the jets coach going to the wanderers and the club in financial disarray, who knows, there might be some half decent players looking to take up those vacant positions next year

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    8 kids from 1 club is wild. WTF are Buds to do with that? I guess those current Jaffas boys will be let go so maybe they just swop clubs????
    They were told about 3 weeks ago that they won't be retained

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Some Jaffas players already have players taken. Are we going to fine everyone or not?
    Up to Northern but they won't do anything quite frankly clubs make a mockery of Northern rules and Northern rarely do anything. I don't know why they bother with telling clubs that they can't offer players positions till the trail period begins when clubs ignore it and know nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    good game that. score not really reflective of the game as Jaffas had a field player in goal and it showed.
    I heard that the Olympic 16's got beat last night. Surely they wouldn't have been too happy. Feel bad for the North Coast team they would have easily won the premiership in 16's had they not been shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    They were told about 3 weeks ago that they won't be retained

Up to Northern but they won't do anything quite frankly clubs make a mockery of Northern rules and Northern rarely do anything. I don't know why they bother with telling clubs that they can't offer players positions till the trail period begins when clubs ignore it and know nothing will happen.
    They can offer positions to existing kids for next year. I.E tell them they will be retained or not, but they aren't supposed to poach from other clubs. Lots of kids were told weeks ago, some are only notifying now in the last few weeks.

In saying that Jaffas don't have much of a defence since I've seen it in writing they aren't holding trials. How else do you get players if you aren't holding trials unless its REALLY obvious you are poaching them before the trial period starts, since you know you aren't supposed to be approaching players.

Lakes have got some good coaches lined up for next season, its good to see that kids can make decisions knowing who the coaches are before they go. Should happen more often, rather than the pot luck that normally happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    I heard that the Olympic 16's got beat last night. Surely they wouldn't have been too happy. Feel bad for the North Coast team they would have easily won the premiership in 16's had they not been shutdown.
    Yes

And now teams who play them probably will get no points. Luck of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Understatement apparently. From what I've heard today there were send offs, foul language and swearing at officials.

Was anyone there watching?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Understatement apparently. From what I've heard today there were send offs, foul language and swearing at officials.

Was anyone there watching?
    That’s pretty standard for an Olympic loss, especially the 15s and 16s teams

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Someone finally muscled up to Olympic

This has been going on for years and believe me NNSW has been advised and TD’s agreed not the right way! But kept happening-poaching players to the ‘bigger clubs’ and why does the NPLY always have a top 4 with teams from Olympic, Magic & Jaffa’s ?? Because they flaunt the rules and the spirit of the game and the program and NNSW do shut all about it
    The ‘rich get richer, the poor get the picture, the bombs only hit you when down so low”.
    The youth program is all set up to fail developing players as the good kids want to go & win& these clubs focus is just that ! I’ve had enough of it hence why as a former TD. I can’t do it anymore and am walking away -you spend your time developing players for the likes of Jaffa’s and Olympic to poach them and then when they 17- turn them away !!! It’s a bloody farce

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    This has been going on for years and believe me NNSW has been advised and TD’s agreed not the right way! But kept happening-poaching players to the ‘bigger clubs’ and why does the NPLY always have a top 4 with teams from Olympic, Magic & Jaffa’s ?? Because they flaunt the rules and the spirit of the game and the program and NNSW do shut all about it
    The ‘rich get richer, the poor get the picture, the bombs only hit you when down so low”.
    The youth program is all set up to fail developing players as the good kids want to go & win& these clubs focus is just that ! I’ve had enough of it hence why as a former TD. I can’t do it anymore and am walking away -you spend your time developing players for the likes of Jaffa’s and Olympic to poach them and then when they 17- turn them away !!! It’s a bloody farce
    You know this. I know this. Others know this. Still happens.

Why? Who knows.
    Maybe kid wanna say they played there. Maybe parents wanna say their kid plays there. Maybe they have friends there. Maybe they see it as a more professional club. Lots of reasons to go.

Sooner or later you’d hope a reputation develops and people become more aware of the long term implications.

Once upon a time, I had option to play for Magic or Olympic or stay at my club.
    Chose to stick to my club, because I knew that I’d spend one year at Magic or Olympic and wouldn’t progress to next age. Progressed much better and enjoyed what I did more at my other club.

You sound jealous of their success, bravo to them for being at the top all this time

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    You sound jealous of their success, bravo to them for being at the top all this time
    Nah, just seen it all before. I’m surprised someone wasn’t spat on but who knows, they might have been

I was ‘told’ today that NNSW has changed the youth finals format to a TOP 5? Anybody have information or can confirm this . If true Another example of how NNSW constantly move the goalposts and nobody has any confidence in them

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Jaffas are only recent and are just starting to make impact. Magic and Olympic for years and Edgy too.

Three big reasons are that the kids want to win, the parents want their kids to win and clubs want to win.

Now dont forget that Wallsend were once unbeatable so too Adamstown.

Insert new names, its NEVER going to change unless more clubs become more ruthless

Nah, just seen it all before. I’m surprised someone wasn’t spat on but who knows, they might have been
    Charlestown 14s player who spat in the face of a Magic player got 9 weeks apparently...

I heard tonight off reliable people who were at the Jaffa’s v Olympic 16’s game that the Olympic Coach was sent off and subsequently abused the ref to such an extent that there was a need to call the police.

Not on at all, especially if the ref was young as they are a lot in these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    You know this. I know this. Others know this. Still happens.

Why? Who knows.
    Maybe kid wanna say they played there. Maybe parents wanna say their kid plays there. Maybe they have friends there. Maybe they see it as a more professional club. Lots of reasons to go.

Sooner or later youÂ’d hope a reputation develops and people become more aware of the long term implications.

Once upon a time, I had option to play for Magic or Olympic or stay at my club.
    Chose to stick to my club, because I knew that IÂ’d spend one year at Magic or Olympic and wouldnÂ’t progress to next age. Progressed much better and enjoyed what I did more at my other club.
    Yep its definitely the smart option, but hard for kids and parents to see if the club isn't having that success at the top of the ladder. It becomes about defining success for yourself (or your kid) as a player. Do I want to win a premiership at 13 / 14, or do I want a club that will back me to play up an age or two and build that experience. There are clubs out there that will put a 15 year old into first grade, if they can work at that level, but they arent always the ones at the top of the ladder.

Those clubs are then happy for that youth player that has developed through like that to go and play in Sydney or sign for a club that can offer decent money in northern, without any negativity around those players moving on. Personally I think those clubs need to advertise that fact more so it becomes better public knowledge. Because it is happening, and they make decent players that aren't spitting on each other, and can take a loss or a win with the same respect for the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I heard tonight off reliable people who were at the Jaffa’s v Olympic 16’s game that the Olympic Coach was sent off and subsequently abused the ref to such an extent that there was a need to call the police.

Not on at all, especially if the ref was young as they are a lot in these games.
    If that is the case then throw the book at him and sanction the club. Totally unnecessary especially at Youth level. Hard enough getting officials as we all know wether or not we agree with their decisions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    They can offer positions to existing kids for next year. I.E tell them they will be retained or not, but they aren't supposed to poach from other clubs. Lots of kids were told weeks ago, some are only notifying now in the last few weeks.

In saying that Jaffas don't have much of a defence since I've seen it in writing they aren't holding trials. How else do you get players if you aren't holding trials unless its REALLY obvious you are poaching them before the trial period starts, since you know you aren't supposed to be approaching players.

Lakes have got some good coaches lined up for next season, its good to see that kids can make decisions knowing who the coaches are before they go. Should happen more often, rather than the pot luck that normally happens.
    Hate to disappoint this huge outrage and big investigation but there were at least 3 other clubs with EOIs out before jaffas and some boys already picked at other clubs.

Are you going to name and shame them or not worry now?

I really think you need to put more energy in making Lake Mac just a little competitive.