Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I think you were looking for "NSW Office of Sport"....

Was posted today that youth including 18's will get their full season, as it is, just with shifted dates.

"There is no material change to the NPL Youth competitions. Clubs will play out their season as it is currently structured, with alterations made only to the fixtures to push the season back."

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/p...020-announced/
    Actually there is another change. Games that are washed out will not be replayed. Such games will be classed as a draw and both teams will be awarded 1 point. North Coast are guaranteed at least half of their matches will proceed by playing on synthetic at Speers Point. Clubs whose drainage is not so good may potentially miss out, keeping in mind the BOM has forecast a wetter than usual winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo14 View Post
    U18's have been pushed down to the youth group and are playing a full season as well. This is just so the clubs don't have to pay any refunds to youth players. Everything from Northern and the clubs has been about money and refunds. So sad
    Seems very similar to the other associations. I'm not the biggest fan of NNSWF administration but it's hard to single them out for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo14 View Post
    U18's have been pushed down to the youth group and are playing a full season as well. This is just so the clubs don't have to pay any refunds to youth players. Everything from Northern and the clubs has been about money and refunds. So sad
    I don't understand this comment. Money and refunds? I know I'd prefer that my kid still gets a full season (or any sort of season) of football, games are integral to development. Why is it sad, especially at this level?

I think it's sad all the community kids that are going to miss out because clubs can't run a season this year. I think the NL1 and up Youth are actually lucky to not lose a full season of football.

In regards to washed out games, I guess you can't win them all, but some sort of season is still better than nothing.