Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Base it on your postcode or address similar to the school system.
    100% that’s how it was when I was in my early teens and there was some absolute quality players come through

100% agree with this. Great idea. Could have dispensation for playing their as a junior, siblings playing their etc, this would be perfect up to the age of 15's then they can go where they want to.

You want the teams to be owned / run by the state government ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You want the teams to be owned / run by the state government ?
    No it has nothing to do with the government

No it has nothing to do with the government
    So which private schools enrol students based on their postcodes ?

I don't think communist policies is the way forward in football.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 01-08-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Why are they trying to get to strengthen the squad by taking strong players from other clubs? Why are they not working with the weaker players to make them better? We all know the answer.

Its these same clubs and parents that get on here and around town saying how weak the competition is. It's not every club some clubs do it very well but as long as the stronger clubs remain ruthless in getting all the good kids in the competition to their club the competitions will always have a big divide.

What's the problem?

The NPL is meant to be the best ~150 of each age bracket. Each club is trying to have the best 11 in their team. Kids develop at different rates. There will be some change to who the best are.

What's wrong with a club/team trying to improve? Should the Jets keep the same team if they win the wooden spoon? Should the Jets just try and develop our players better ? Of course not. So why should NPL be any different?

Each club is different though. Some will focus on development and exhibit loyalty, while others will not.
    It seems like you guys know which clubs will poach and recruit players.
    My question, would you want your child to play there if they were asked?

If the answer is yes, then there's a bit of hypocrisy obviously.
    If the answer is no, then there is the solution. If players/parents recognise what is happening and choose not to leave, then those clubs will be forced to re-think their approach.

But, it must still be happening. So what are they offering that makes it worthwhile?

Jets Youth seem to be enjoying NSW NPL2.
    18s the only team to have lost. But 2 games and 4 points behind first.
    All other teams are top and undefeated.
    13s have a goal difference of 45 or something

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Jets Youth seem to be enjoying NSW NPL2.
    18s the only team to have lost. But 2 games and 4 points behind first.
    All other teams are top and undefeated.
    13s have a goal difference of 45 or something
    To put things in perspective, the youth teams are playing in their own age against teams outside the top 24 clubs if I understand correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    To put things in perspective, the youth teams are playing in their own age against teams outside the top 24 clubs if I understand correctly.
    More or less but they were smashing teams double digits an age group above against the best nnsw had to offer so I guess you gotta start somewhere

JETS 1ST and 20's not doing so well.
    Last in both, with big score lines against them, maybe NPL 4 was more suitable

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    More or less but they were smashing teams double digits an age group above against the best nnsw had to offer so I guess you gotta start somewhere
    2019 vs 2020 so far

U16's - 1st - 18-2-4 137F 29A
    U15's - 3rd - 16-3-5 83F 31A
    U14's - 3rd - 20-0-4 95F 22A
    U13's - 1st - 23-1-0 180F 20A

U18's - 3rd - 3-0-1 11F 5A
    U16's - 1st - 6-0-0 27F 2A
    U15's - 1st - 5-1-0 28F 2A
    U14's - 1st - 6-0-0 17F 3A

This years U13's are killing it 6-0-0 44F 1A

So this year will be doing it slightly easy but comparable to NNSWF comp.

Hopefully they can gain promotion and get the better competition the youth teams deserve.

Is it reliant on the 20's to gain promotion though?

The old play in your postcode clubs. Good idea but parents or coaches will be be fudging addresses to get them into certain clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    The old play in your postcode clubs. Good idea but parents or coaches will be be fudging addresses to get them into certain clubs.
    Would never work. We don't have any teams near our postcode. Why should the best players miss out because they don't have an NPL club next door. Same with A-league academies, Many families travel or move for opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    JETS 1ST and 20's not doing so well.
    Last in both, with big score lines against them, maybe NPL 4 was more suitable
    I believe they struggled in NPL 4 as well before being promoted. But hopefully the experience will help them catch up.

I believe they struggled in NPL 4 as well before being promoted. But hopefully the experience will help them catch up.
    if they come last, could they be relegated to NPL5.
    traditionally in FNSW, the a league youth teams don't fair well against the club teams

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Would never work. We don't have any teams near our postcode. Why should the best players miss out because they don't have an NPL club next door. Same with A-league academies, Many families travel or move for opportunities.
    Not exactly. Boys would progress to the NEAREST NPL club. And maybe have the strongest team in the comp if theyre retaining quality players.

But youre right, cant happen

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    hardly smashing. check the tables and results in all ages over the last 4 years. Smashed some, just beat others and beaten themselves.
    For example
    Last years Under 16 comp
    Minor premiers Jets 15s
    That same team made the semis twice over 4 years (2019 and 2016), coming 4th in under 13s. In 14s and 15s season, didn't feature in the semis.

They stood out over all 4 ages groups no more than Olympic, Jaffas, etc.
    Last edited by Hunter403; 05-08-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    hardly smashing. check the tables and results in all ages over the last 4 years. Smashed some, just beat others and beaten themselves.
    For example
    Last years Under 16 comp
    Minor premiers Jets 15s
    That same team made the semis twice over 4 years (2019 and 2016), coming 4th in under 13s. In 14s and 15s season, didn't feature in the semis.

They stood out over all 4 ages groups no more than Olympic, Jaffas, etc.
    I read on this forum that a jets team beat a Charlestown team 22-0 and age group up. That tells me one of those teams doesn’t belong in the competition. I would understand that score line in SAP or under 6’s.

Watched u13 MaitlandFC v Jaffa’s tonight real quality, Maitland have a real strong team so good to see another club ( other than the regulars) getting a strong u13 squad -they will be near the top of table from what I’ve seen! FYI maitland won 4-1 to stay undefeated

You are right there BS. Hopefully when SAP comes through, these blow outs will become a thing of the past.

In NPL Youth, some clubs are just way stronger than others. The hope is SAP will fix this.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen