Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2020 NPL Youth Thread

discussion starts here

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    discussion starts here
    First season of Youth NPL without the Jets for quite some time. Who will dominate? Who will be the surprise packages? I look forward to watching plenty of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    First season of Youth NPL without the Jets for quite some time. Who will dominate? Who will be the surprise packages? I look forward to watching plenty of games.
    Olympic and Magic will still be the teams to beat, some of the other clubs will have strong teams in some ages but not others.

Unfortunately in the NPL youth, the big clubs get bigger while the small clubs do their best -kids & parents chase results unfortunately and that is why statistically Magic, Hamilton continue to dominate
    The u13 Comp should be interesting a few good teams, I hear MaitlandFC have put together a strong squad !

Well now that Richard Hartley is no longer feeding players to Olympic and now that SAP is established, it should give the so called smaller clubs a good chance to gain beter players
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Well now that Richard Hartley is no longer feeding players to Olympic and now that SAP is established, it should give the so called smaller clubs a good chance to gain beter players
    Fair enough, I’ve heard the same story before. Whatever happened to the boys from Macquarie and HV though? Why didn’t the clubs they end up at become super strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon;23***4
    Fair enough, I’ve heard the same story before. Whatever happened to the boys from Macquarie and HV though? Why didn’t the clubs they end up at become super strong?
    My experience (my son is an NPL player) is that the LM boys went everywhere, not one or two specific clubs. As for the HV boys, they usually went to the local clubs (but not always) and HV was always the weakest of the 3 associations.

Credit to Magic though, most of the NF boys went to Olympic and Magic raised their own generally. I must say that in my son's cohort, Magic were only strong one season winning the minor premiership. If memory serves, they failed to make the semis in the other 3 years. Olympic were strong every year, as were Jaffas. Edgy were always about at seasons end. Jaffas were the top team over the 4 years of my son's age group.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Looking at last season's results, Olympic are clearly the best in the youth grades, followed by Magic. Adamstown do better than you might think, and Lambton are in the mix. Charlestown, Edgeworth and Weston are a bit hit and miss, while Valentine, Maitland and Lake Mac had one good age group at best.

NPLYouth2020.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by TauZero;23***7
    Looking at last season's results, Olympic are clearly the best in the youth grades, followed by Magic. Adamstown do better than you might think, and Lambton are in the mix. Charlestown, Edgeworth and Weston are a bit hit and miss, while Valentine, Maitland and Lake Mac had one good age group at best.

NPLYouth2020.PNG
    Didnt no that Olympic ran Jets so close over all. Did any Olympic kids get picked off by the Jets? If not they gonna be super strong this year again.

Heard Lakes U14 lost 9-1 to West Wallsend the other night. Will be another long season for them it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Heard Lakes U14 lost 9-1 to West Wallsend the other night. Will be another long season for them it seems
    Was it u14 Lakes vs u15 Westy? That's the usual deal in NPL vs NEWFM trials?
    If both teams were the same age then yes, Lakes aren't looking great.

Is there a reason why the 13 to 16s NPL & NPL1 juniors not be graded separately from the seniors like in the Sydney NPL?

Where juniors are graded on results in 2 divisions and if a NPL team drops down they need to fight to get back up to match the senior team.

Not saying there would be many changes but would make thing interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Is there a reason why the 13 to 16s NPL & NPL1 juniors not be graded separately from the seniors like in the Sydney NPL?

Where juniors are graded on results in 2 divisions and if a NPL team drops down they need to fight to get back up to match the senior team.

Not saying there would be many changes but would make thing interesting.
    Yeah would be good if there was any promotion or relegation in Newcastle.

Please share your opinions:

In season 2020 will the U14, U15 & U16 results be somewhat predictable based on the results the clubs had last year in U13, U14 & U15 or does anyone know of significant changes at particular clubs that might shake things up a bit? Then we have U13 who we tend to know less about. I would imagine that clubs such as Magic, Olympic and Jaffas will field strong teams but have been given the heads up that Maitland and Valentine are two dark horses to watch out for.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Please share your opinions:

In season 2020 will the U14, U15 & U16 results be somewhat predictable based on the results the clubs had last year in U13, U14 & U15 or does anyone know of significant changes at particular clubs that might shake things up a bit? Then we have U13 who we tend to know less about. I would imagine that clubs such as Magic, Olympic and Jaffas will field strong teams but have been given the heads up that Maitland and Valentine are two dark horses to watch out for.
    Throw Adamstown in there

I saw Charlestown 15s and 16s tonight vs South Cardiff 16s and Kahibah 18s respectively. Both lost and didn't offer much. Could be a long season but its early days. Charlestown 13s are full of Jets kids for this season. Probably be gone for next season, so they will likely have a strong year in 2020 and be out madly recruiting in 2021.
    Jaffas have strengthened both their 15s and 16s so should be in the mix. I also hear that their 13s are pretty good too.
    Olympic will be strong in all years, and I have heard that Adamstown are looking pretty good too. Magic have had quite a few changes so who knows what to expect from them.
    Haven't heard much about the others.

Banned
    I saw Charlestown 15s and 16s tonight vs South Cardiff 16s and Kahibah 18s respectively. Both lost and didn't offer much. Could be a long season but its early days. Charlestown 13s are full of Jets kids for this season. Probably be gone for next season, so they will likely have a strong year in 2020 and be out madly recruiting in 2021.
    Jaffas have strengthened both their 15s and 16s so should be in the mix. I also hear that their 13s are pretty good too.
    Olympic will be strong in all years, and I have heard that Adamstown are looking pretty good too. Magic have had quite a few changes so who knows what to expect from them.
    Haven't heard much about the others.
    Told about this trial. Magic 13's 4-0 over Charlestown 13s

Dont know if full squads were there

Heard Magic 13s and 14s beat their respective Charlestown teams yesterday

Jaffas 14s lost to Jets 13s
    Jaffas 15s beat Jets 14s
    Jaffas 16s beat Jets 15s.
    Jaffas 18s beat Jets 16s.

Jaffas 14s lost to Jets 13s
    Jaffas 15s beat Jets 14s
    Jaffas 16s beat Jets 15s.
    Jaffas 18s beat Jets 16s.
    That's a pretty good effort all around.