Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Bit in tomorrow Herald about it. Surely they can't make teams take draws against them for 6 weeks.

Pull them out for rest of year. All matches played against them become 3-0 wins. Invite Mariners and Jet in to take their place for friendly matches in lieu of a bye. Gives kids a chance to show their skills against Jets and their coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Bit in tomorrow Herald about it. Surely they can't make teams take draws against them for 6 weeks.

Pull them out for rest of year. All matches played against them become 3-0 wins. Invite Mariners and Jet in to take their place for friendly matches in lieu of a bye. Gives kids a chance to show their skills against Jets and their coaches.
    Mariners won’t be allowed they are deemed to be outside the region.

Interesting will be what happens in Sydney and how the “regional” competition requirement is defined and practically implemented.
    They don’t want Blacktown travelling to Manly etc.
    How might this affect local “Interdistrict” football and more to the point of this thread, the Premier Competition equivalent - Inter-district NPL/WPL/NL1?
    Could Maitland, Weston or Singleton be classed as being out of “Region” based on a model adopted in Sydney?

The COVID-19 policies, which start Wednesday, forced NNSWF to remove North Coast and Mid Coast from the NPL youth, Mid Coast from the Women's Premier League, Northern Inland from Northern League One youth and Northern Inland and Mid Coast from SAP competitions.

NNSWF said no matches would be played against those teams while the policy was in place. However, no decision had been made on how games played against the sides, or those missed, would be treated
    Avoiding Sydney i can understand but regional teams with no Covid cases cant play against each other?

I would like to know how its going to work, we have a postponed game from NCF, from the other weekend when they didn't come down, its not like they can just reschedule them during the week.

I'm not sure how they made clear cut guidance for wet weather not being replayed, but didn't consider if some teams might not play a week or two for covid related issues. should they play when wet weather games aren't being replayed? should they be draws? should the teams that didn't forfeit get the points? It would have been good to have this in place, instead of it now being a scramble and the youth having no idea if they can pick up the points later or what.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I would like to know how its going to work, we have a postponed game from NCF, from the other weekend when they didn't come down, its not like they can just reschedule them during the week.

I'm not sure how they made clear cut guidance for wet weather not being replayed, but didn't consider if some teams might not play a week or two for covid related issues. should they play when wet weather games aren't being replayed? should they be draws? should the teams that didn't forfeit get the points? It would have been good to have this in place, instead of it now being a scramble and the youth having no idea if they can pick up the points later or what.
    I’m not sure if your questions really matter at this stage, people’s health are more important I think

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I’m not sure if your questions really matter at this stage, people’s health are more important I think
    Give me a break. The inconsistent message of what is a high risk activity and what isn’t is laughable. As far as I know there has been zero cases transmitted through community sport and even a situation where an infectious kid played a game and didn’t transmit it to any other player on either team.
    Perhaps the games should be transferred to the local Bunnings or bowling club for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Give me a break. The inconsistent message of what is a high risk activity and what isn’t is laughable. As far as I know there has been zero cases transmitted through community sport and even a situation where an infectious kid played a game and didn’t transmit it to any other player on either team.
    Perhaps the games should be transferred to the local Bunnings or bowling club for safety.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Couldn’t agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    IÂ’m not sure if your questions really matter at this stage, peopleÂ’s health are more important I think
    Considering this isn't a forum about COVID, but rather football, my questions are entirely relevant for this forum I would have thought.

They are questions the kids are actually interested in themselves. You know because they are invested in the sport.

What about the kids from the mid north coast, NI etc, that have just had their season ripped now from underneath them as a knee jerk reaction to something that hasn't even been an issue for them?

Don't get me wrong I was all on the better shut down path to be safe when it was affecting the whole population. But now an adult can go around 50 pubs on a weekend, get plastered, spread covid across half the state on a pub crawl, and the kids can't play sport or have a school graduation (mind you with kids in their own year who they attend school with every day!). If you aren't frustrated, then I don't think you are looking hard enough at the decisions that are being made lately.

I also seen a post from Football NSW that it looks like they can still play NPL as per normal this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Considering this isn't a forum about COVID, but rather football, my questions are entirely relevant for this forum I would have thought.

They are questions the kids are actually interested in themselves. You know because they are invested in the sport.

What about the kids from the mid north coast, NI etc, that have just had their season ripped now from underneath them as a knee jerk reaction to something that hasn't even been an issue for them?

Don't get me wrong I was all on the better shut down path to be safe when it was affecting the whole population. But now an adult can go around 50 pubs on a weekend, get plastered, spread covid across half the state on a pub crawl, and the kids can't play sport or have a school graduation (mind you with kids in their own year who they attend school with every day!). If you aren't frustrated, then I don't think you are looking hard enough at the decisions that are being made lately.

I also seen a post from Football NSW that it looks like they can still play NPL as per normal this weekend?
    I feel for the kids from up the coast who are in effect being punished due to virus numbers in a city several hours south of them.

Transmission through sport has been non-existent, even the Jets youth player who contracted the virus wasn't actually contracted on the field, it was through off-field activities - Which are still not restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I feel for the kids from up the coast who are in effect being punished due to virus numbers in a city several hours south of them.

Transmission through sport has been non-existent, even the Jets youth player who contracted the virus wasn't actually contracted on the field, it was through off-field activities - Which are still not restricted.
    agree here

The inconsistencies are high but this is in-part due to the rapid changes in occurrence and hastily implemented rules. We need to isolate quickly when needed and relax the rules as well. hard for everyone.

Maybe they can release these teams in 2-3 weeks when safety is again high.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    agree here

The inconsistencies are high but this is in-part due to the rapid changes in occurrence and hastily implemented rules. We need to isolate quickly when needed and relax the rules as well. hard for everyone.

Maybe they can release these teams in 2-3 weeks when safety is again high.
    I don’t want to stray too far off topic but the talk today is because of the low numbers in NSW and the reduction of cases in Victoria, the deputy premier wants to relax border restrictions at the same time as they are ruining kids weekends by not allowing them to play the game they love.🤦*♂️🤷*♂️
    (My final word on the subject)

Select Your Zone
    COMPETITIONS
    Home › Competitions › Mid Coast FC to continue in NNSWF Premier Competitions

Mid Coast FC to continue in NNSWF Premier Competitions
    August 20th, 2020
    Football Mid North Coast (Mid Coast FC) will continue to participate in the NPL NNSW Youth and Herald Women’s Premier League (WPL) in response to updated advice received from the NSW Chief Health Officer on the evening of Wednesday 19 August.

The updated advice for regional NSW requires existing competition structures to minimise the need for overnight travel and to avoid car-pooling or other shared transport arrangements.

Picture: Chris Simpson

The amended advice also acknowledged that it may be necessary to maintain existing arrangements in regional NSW with neighbouring associations or districts to ensure there are enough teams to participate in a competition.

NNSWF determined that it is reasonable to allow Mid Coast FC to continue competing on the basis that car-pooling or other shared transport arrangements were not required. The Mid North Coast’s proximity to the Hunter Region also prevented the need for overnight stays.

Mid Coast FC’s continued participation enables identified players to continue to compete in premier competitions aligned to NNSWF’s Talented Player Pathway.

Importantly, Mid Coast Council has confirmed that teams from the Hunter Region will be permitted to play on council facilities provided COVID-19 Safety Plans are strictly implemented.

Unfortunately, the updated advice did not facilitate the lifting of North Coast Football and Northern Inland Football’s temporary suspension from their respective competitions due principally to factors associated to remoteness from the Hunter Region. NNSWF is working closely with local administrators to identify suitable local participation opportunities for players impacted by the Chief Medical Officer’s advice.

NNSWF remains steadfastly committed to the health and safety of the football family and the broader community and will continue to abide by the advice of the NSW Government in relation to minimising the spread of Covid-19.

NNSWF is appreciative of the Chief Health Officer’s preparedness to consider the views of State Sporting Organisations following the release of the initial advice on Monday 17 August.

These items are of immediate effect. Mid Coast FC games will proceed this weekend.

Please don’t get me wrong I am all about the youth players getting good exposure to high level football and the competition table is relatively meaningless BUT it is their and I can’t understand the recent decision by NNSW ( who ever does?) that Coffs Harbour’s next 6 games (& the previous 2 of Rd1) are postponed and all games are given a 0-0 draw ! Yet the teams that HAVE played them their pts stand ! Not very fair !
    The ‘competition’ is then not realistic , and the FNC teams automatically get 6/18 and that might not be great but is that fair to the teams who have played them and lost ? Just seems to be an unbalanced decision . I think all games revert back to 0-0 draw irrespective of result and allow FNC to go into a ‘playoff’ tyke wildcard scenario for finals ! Tough call but decision does not seem fair to me , be interested in the forums views ( only sane 1’s please )

NC isnt a hotspot.

Following Covid protocol and maybe each player being tested should easily allow these teams to continue. knee jerk reaction from the govt to suggest nnsw do this

Completely agree. All games made 0-0. Let them play last few rounds as friendlies is they want a game.

Inconsistent decision making by NNSW as well. Northern Inland in League 1 and U12 SAP have been removed completely from comp and all matches 0-0. They are a lot closer then North Coast as well.

Government decisions, everyone’s doing their best, could be worst things to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Mariners won’t be allowed they are deemed to be outside the region.
    Mariners playing Edgeworth this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Mariners playing Edgeworth this weekend
    Dominated the Jets in 15's , 16's and 18's last weekend also.