Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Carl Robinson Out Thread

Lawrie gets rid of two of our best players and a Coach - then replaces them with a coach and players all represented by the same firm.

Coincidence obviously. Or is it simply a case of us not having enough resources to do anything other than rely on player reps for recruitment ?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-01-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Recruiting has been our achilles heel long before the gypo CEO and Marty Lee came along or even Griff for that matter. Other clubs in this league seem to do much better at leveraging contacts and there networks to cast the net much wider when looking to recruit players which yes Dunster makes your second point very much likely.

Its an area this club has really struggled with, The clubs who get this part of there list management right always seems to be the ones who have backroom staff with worldy experience and throughout there travels develop these contacts and relationships to find the right players.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Recruiting has been our achilles heel long before the gypo CEO and Marty Lee came along or even Griff for that matter. Other clubs in this league seem to do much better at leveraging contacts and there networks to cast the net much wider when looking to recruit players which yes Dunster makes your second point very much likely.

Its an area this club has really struggled with, The clubs who get this part of there list management right always seems to be the ones who have backroom staff with worldy experience and throughout there travels develop these contacts and relationships to find the right players.
    What bothers me is that the club can somehow find the money to purchase players that aren't even good enough to get a run for a team running last on the table - yet they can't hire a full time scout to look for players.

I was reading Robinson was keeping tabs on european, central/South American players he wanted for his nxt gig.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    I was reading Robinson was keeping tabs on european, central/South American players he wanted for his nxt gig.
    Right up our alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I can't help but feel that our new manager won't be confirmed until just before the transfer window closes.
    That way the club can use the excuse of "no time for the new manager to find anything this season"
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I can't help but feel that our new manager won't be confirmed until just before the transfer window closes.
    That way the club can use the excuse of "no time for the new manager to find anything this season"

I reckon that's bang on the money!
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Yeh but Lawrie said Ernie had money available to him, What he didn't say was it wasn't enough to buy a feed from the loose change menu at your local Maccas.

Jokes aside you will be correct Leftrighout and some will say that is ok for Martin to not provide those funds that could make a difference to how this season is panning out. Shame the bloke isn't Japanese, At least they have this thing about not looking bad personal shame etc. If Sage can afford to put a reasonable squad out pretty sure our bloke could to if he felt so inclined.

As for Carl perhaps he will see the light before signing his sanity away and jump on the first mode of transport available to Mascot and fly the f^&k out of here.
    Last edited by 380; 21-01-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Dropped him off a Sydney Airport where a WSW car picked him up to take him to view the facilities.

Yeh but Lawrie said Ernie had money available to him, What he didn't say was it wasn't enough to buy a feed from the loose change menu at your local Maccas.

Jokes aside you will be correct Leftrighout and some will say that is ok for Martin to not provide those funds that could make a difference to how this season is panning out. Shame the bloke isn't Japanese, At least they have this thing about not looking bad personal shame etc. If Sage can afford to put a reasonable squad out pretty sure our bloke could to if he felt so inclined.

As for Carl perhaps he will see the light before signing his sanity away and jump on the first mode of transport available to Mascot and fly the f^&k out of here.
    Keep beating that dead horse 380. Coat that bat of yours in some subtle racism and beat that dead Chinese LED covered horse some more.

Side note, nobody else is offering Carl Robinson a gig elsewhere. There isn't much further to sink below the MLS, we are about as good as he's gonna get as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Keep beating that dead horse 380. Coat that bat of yours in some subtle racism and beat that dead Chinese LED covered horse some more.

Side note, nobody else is offering Carl Robinson a gig elsewhere. There isn't much further to sink below the MLS, we are about as good as he's gonna get as well.
    Didn't think it would take you long, Thanks for not disappointing champ.

Don't discount the area as being a big factor. Teams outside of Sydney and Melbourne always are going to have to work harder to recruit players. Most foreigners have only heard of those two cities, if even that. Newy has a really awesome lifestyle to sell, but it's not for everyone. Even Roy Keane once had a whinge because one of the players he was managing was being forced by his partner to move to London for the better shopping. I think that was even officially why McGree chose City over us, his mrs wanted the big city life?
    OK

Is it just me who thinks the longer this delays the more Carl rocked up, took a couple of looks at the a-league, and thought he isn't that desperate?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    What bothers me is that the club can somehow find the money to purchase players that aren't even good enough to get a run for a team running last on the table - yet they can't hire a full time scout to look for players.
    That why the Salary Cap has got to go

We be better off spending 100 to 200k a year on scouts to locate adequate players for us than pissing 3 million a year into wages because we got to meet KPIs to keep the PFA happy

It because we running this shit system that scouting is done by who people know and You Tube videos

Complete joke for a so called professional league that recruitment is done so poorly

Didn't think it would take you long, Thanks for not disappointing champ.
    Dont bother with Frodo. Digs deep to invent leftard outrage with race, gender, ethnicity etc. Doesnt help being a jealous frustrated Arsenal supporter.

Plus we dont have corporate $$ to compete with the big clubs on marquees and under table bonus. But if the cap is taken big clubs would bury everyone

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Plus we dont have corporate $$ to compete with the big clubs on marquees and under table bonus. But if the cap is taken big clubs would bury everyone
    But you do realise the Salary Cap actually punishes the smaller clubs

It forces them to pay 3 million for shit players instead of focusing on ways to be competitive by thinking outside the square we are forced to spend big money on average to poor players

Simple, keep the upper cap but remove the lower one.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

I don't think Carl is out of the running yet. They probably need to organise a work permit / visa for him and things are just quiet until it gets sorted.

Alternatively as Tommyjet suggests Carl may have decided he's not desperate enough to coach this abortion of a club.

I don't think Carl is out of the running yet. They probably need to organise a work permit / visa for him and things are just quiet until it gets sorted.

Alternatively as Tommyjet suggests Carl may have decided he's not desperate enough to coach this abortion of a club.
    Might have looked at the task at hand, saw the *tools he'd have to work with both in the squad and behind the scene and walked away. Or asked for more money to take the hit on his resume.

*Intentional use of the term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.