Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 17 | Newcastle Jets v Western United | Sat 01/02/20 1700

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I love that the club put Wessi's name on the provisional team list, knowing full well he wasn't fit to play, just to trick idiots into showing up thinking he'd get a run.

Never change Jerks, never change.
    Yep, There were a few people in and around where i sit who were of the same opinion, They were pretty pissed in actual fact and i think the club and those running the circus underestimate just how annoyed people get by that blatant bullshit. This club at present in not that far removed from the life and times of the season we had under Stubbins. We are quite the f^&*ing joke of the league at present.

We are smidgen more credible than Wilson and his numpty pack of officials having to much of a influence on results through there protected incompetence and Wilson's uncanny knack of dodging accountability season after season.

As for todays game this mob could not score in a crack house offering up unlimited free samples.
    Last edited by 380; 01-02-2020 at 09:15 PM.

game should have been delayed - there was no way there was going to be any sort of quality playing on those conditions.
    Agree on the consensus re Hoff and Dimi. Johnny K rode the pine for some time and credits it with giving him the boot up the arse that was needed, not to mention playing in a position he is comfortable with.
    Once Wessi is ready to go, I think Dimi needs a few weeks off to get his head right.
    Im guessing that Hoff will get benched once Roy is available for selection, so that will sort him out in the same way hopefully.
    Last edited by furns; 01-02-2020 at 11:21 PM.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Wes would have been left out because of the heat. No problem with that at all....would have been blatant stupidity to risk him coming back in those conditions. He was only going to play 15-20 mins anyway. Carry him over for next week.

Whinge for whinge sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Wes would have been left out because of the heat. No problem with that at all....would have been blatant stupidity to risk him coming back in those conditions. He was only going to play 15-20 mins anyway. Carry him over for next week.

Whinge for whinge sake.
    He was never going to play, no matter the heat. Bloke hasn't run for how long again? It's just bullshit from the Gypos running the place to get idiots through the doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Whinge for whinge sake.
    No the BOM has had todays forecast being on the upside of 40 long before the club started pissing in peoples pockets about including Wes in the squad. So no not whinge for whinge sake. Not everybody lives within an hour of the stadium and have the luxury of waiting for the match squad to be listed an hour in advance eh.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    No the BOM has had todays forecast being on the upside of 40 long before the club started pissing in peoples pockets about including Wes in the squad. So no not whinge for whinge sake. Not everybody lives within an hour of the stadium and have the luxury of waiting for the match squad to be listed an hour in advance eh.
    It isn't unusual for players to withdraw late for whatever reason. Wes was deemed not fit by the medical team....end of. Not for anyone else to decide really.

It isn't unusual for players to withdraw late for whatever reason. Wes was deemed not fit by the medical team....end of. Not for anyone else to decide really.
    Woooshhhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

And just when do you think he was deemed as not fit ?. After Fridays session ?, This morning ?.

The Wes thing was pretty low from the club.
    Dimi needs to be benched: I'm sorry to say it, but in his current form he reminds me of Hoole.
    Kanta and JohnnyK were better, I like the way the team play now (no long balls... NO LONG BALLS!!!).
    Thurgate should be in the starting 11, somewhere (probably where Dimi is).
    Hoff out. Top bloke, but enough.

Oh and on the positive side... Boogs savagely hacking Berisha is always such a pleasure to watch!
    A yellow card well spent

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    You can’t tell me people actually turned up only to watch Wessi play 15-20 min and are now pi$$ed with the club cause he didn’t. He was never EVER going to start so if it was such a big deal and the only reason they went to the game they should of turned up after half time when he might of got on

Just watched.

A lot of misery on here, but I can't get over how bad WUN are.

Like others have said, It was pretty low from the club.

Me i could not care less as i clearly stated however this couple i would estimate in there early 50's from up near Denman did travel with the anticipation they were a better than average chance of seeing him take some part in the game. Given there " mother country " accent i can only take it they may have been fans of the bloke and as explained by them it was a good 1hr drive in extreme weather and then the long walk in the heat from where they parked there vehicle only to then find he was not even in the match day squad.

The club made a lot of it all week did it not ?. But as has been clearly suggested here that was never really going too happen eh !!!!!!!!. So any confusion or " big deal " as you put it is well and truly on the club for making such a " big deal " of it all week.
    Last edited by 380; 02-02-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Just watched the replay again in quick time. here are the notable delays for the first half.

First half
    Drinks break 1 16:30 - 2 minutes delay
    Uskok injury 23:53 - 90s delay
    Dillon yellow 28:47 - 40s delay
    Drinks break 2 30:17 - 2 minute delay
    Boogards (brilliant) hit on besart 33:45 - 75s delay
    VAR intervention 38:03 - 30s delay (still can't work out how that wasn't a penalty)
    Besart dies in the middle of the pitch and the VAR looks for the man on the grassy knoll 43:42 - 2:30 delay
    Hoffman head injury 48:54 - 90s delay
    Half time - 50:38

Almost 12 minutes of clear delays in the game due to official intervention and we get less than half of it back.

shits me off no end how much time we get robbed in every match.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Just watched the replay again in quick time. here are the notable delays for the first half.

First half
    VAR intervention 38:03 - 30s delay (still can't work out how that wasn't a penalty)
    Besart dies in the middle of the pitch and the VAR looks for the man on the grassy knoll 43:42 - 2:30 delay

Almost 12 minutes of clear delays in the game due to official intervention and we get less than half of it back.

Put it like this: at the end of a pretty ordinary performance on his side, the referee decided to save it by sparing the crowd another 10 minutes of agonizing inability to score goals from the Jets.
    And for this, I'm grateful.

Nah, that's BS. If we had those extra 8 minutes, we could have made 40 shots without scoring. I want us to set the bar high.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

First half

You do realise being as shit as we are this shitful time keeping is on the flipside keeping the score respectable??

There are a lot of sad bitter humans on this forum.
    I reckon most of you would still be complaining if we won the bloody championship.

The team busted their arse for 90 mins in 40 degree temps, had the upper hand for the whole game but we failed to capitalise against a team that parked the bus.

This forum is just a sad indictment of what the internet culture has enabled.

Aussies give the POM’s grief for whinging but I reckon we could give them lessons these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I reckon most of you would still be complaining if we won the bloody championship.

The team busted their arse for 90 mins in 40 degree temps, had the upper hand for the whole game but we failed to capitalise against a team that parked the bus.

Aussies give the POM’s grief for whinging but I reckon we could give them lessons these days.
    Is that inc the ACL or not because honestly if you are talking just the domestic championship the yeh that would be pretty piss poor of the club to have only done half a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

Those same people have been buying memberships and supporting the club since day one.
    Most of them are pissed off because they don't feel the club is doing enough for them - I tend to agree.
    We also have a few players underperforming that simply need a rest and a chance to recharge their batteries like Dimi and the Hoff. But because our squad is so thin on A-League standard players they can't get a rest.
    Meanwhile, the club continues to sign fringe state league standard players and can't understand why we are bottom of the table.
    Then you have the fiasco that is the coaching position - Deans looks to have sorted a few things out and we are about to replace him with someone that's at very long odds to be as good let alone better than Deans or Ernie at taking the club forward.
    Yes there are people that have a whinge - but enough is enough with this club who have been taking their fans for granted for far too long.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-02-2020 at 01:41 AM.