Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 18 | Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners | Sun 09/02/20 1600

19/20 HAL Round 18 | Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners | Sun 09/02/20 1600

A-League 2019/20 Match day 18 Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners

FIXTURE FACTS
    Overall – 48 fixtures between the two teams. Of this, the teams have met on 48 occasions in the A-League and on 0 occasions in the FFA Cup.
    Jets Wins - 16, Mariners Wins - 15, Drawn - 17

In Newcastle – 23 matches.
    Jets Wins - 9, Mariners Wins - 5, Drawn - 9
    In Gosford - 24 matches
    Jets Wins - 6, Mariners Wins - 10, Drawn - 8

Average Home A-League Crowd – 12037
    Average Away A-League Crowd - 10499

Goals in Fixture
    Jets – 58, Mariners - 58
    In Newcastle -
    Jets – 26, Mariners - 21

1st Goals in Fixture
    Jets – 23, Mariners - 22

Cards in Fixture
    Jets - 114 (110 yellow, 4 red), Mariners 71 (65 yellow, 6 red)

Last Result -
    Newcastle Jets 1 (D Petratos 56' pen) - Central Coast Mariners 1 (Duric 4') at Central Coast Stadium, A-League, Round 2, Season 2019/20

Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2019/20 Match day 2
    Newcastle Jets Central Coast Mariners
    Glen Moss Mark Birighitti
    Matthew Millar Ziggy Gordon
    Nigel Boogaard Jack Clisby
    Nikolai Topor-Stanley Dylan Fox
    John Koutroumbis Kye Rowles
    Steven Ugarkovic Gianni Stensness
    Matthew Ridenton Tom Oar
    Dimitri Petratos Giancarlo Gallifuoco
    Jason Hoffman Milan Duric
    Nick Fitzgerald Daniel De Silva
    Abdiel Arroyo Jordan Murray

FIXTURE RECORDS

Biggest Win
    Jets 8 (Champness 10', O'Donovan 20', McGree, 24', McGree 53', Jackson 61', O'Donovan 68' pen, McGree 75', D Petratos 81') - Mariners 2 (Pain 39', Buhagiar 80') at Central Coast Stadium, A-League, Round 27, Season 2017/18

Heaviest Defeat
    Jets 1 - (Coveny 85') - Mariners 4 (Gumprecht 4', Brown 34', Hutchinson 72', 83'), Round 16, Season 2005/06 at Express Advocate Stadium, 31/12/2005.

Leading Scorers in fixture –

Jets - Joel Griffiths, Roy O'Donovan (6)
    Mariners - Matt Simon (8)

2019/20 A-LEAGUE SEASON STATISTICS
    Number Name Appearances Starts Subbed On Subbed off Minutes Played Goals Assists Yellow Cards Red Cards
    1 Glen Moss 12 12 0 1 1057 0 0 0 0
    2 Bobby Burns 10 6 4 3 553 0 0 1 0
    3 Jason Hoffman 15 15 0 6 1262 1 0 2 0
    4 Nigel Boogaard 5 5 0 0 450 0 0 3 0
    5 Ben Kantarovski 14 11 3 5 1008 0 0 2 0
    6 Steven Ugarkovic 15 15 0 1 1328 2 1 1 0
    9 Abdiel Arroyo 9 9 0 6 707 2 1 0 0
    10 Dimitri Petratos 15 15 0 0 1350 3 4 2 0
    11 Nick Fitzgerald 13 9 4 7 756 0 0 1 0
    14 Kaine Sheppard 6 0 6 0 107 0 0 0 0
    16 Matthew Millar 15 15 0 1 1332 2 2 1 0
    18 John Koutroumbis 14 9 5 3 918 0 0 0 0
    19 Kosta Petratos 2 0 2 0 25 0 0 0 0
    20 Lewis Italiano 4 3 1 0 293 0 0 0 0
    22 Lachlan Jackson 11 11 0 2 880 0 0 2 0
    23 Matthew Ridenton 9 5 4 2 468 0 0 1 0
    28 Patrick Langlois 6 3 3 0 308 0 0 2 0
    31 Maki Petratos 1 0 1 0 8 0 0 0 0
    32 Angus Thurgate 15 7 8 4 690 2 1 1 0
    44 Nikolai Topor-Stanley 15 15 0 0 1350 1 0 2 0

COACHING

Newcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
    • Ernie Merrick - 7 matches (5 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat = 71% win ratio)
    • Mark Jones - 3 matches (0 wins, 2 drawn, 1 defeat = 0% win ratio)
    • Scott Miller - 3 matches (2 wins, 1 draw, 0 defeats = 67% win ratio)
    • Phil Stubbins - 3 matches (0 wins, 2 drawn, 1 defeat = 0% win ratio)
    • Clayton Zane – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 defeats = 0% win ratio)
    • Gary Van Egmond - 17 matches (6 wins, 6 drawn and 5 defeats = 35% win ratio)
    • Craig Deans - 1 match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 defeat = 100% win ratio)
    • Branko Culina - 6 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 3 defeats = 17% win ratio)
    • Nick Theodorakopoulos - 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 defeats = 0% win ratio)
    • Richard Money - 3 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 2 defeat = 33% win ratio)

Central Coast Mariners Coach Record – Alen Stajic 50% win ratio (1 win, 1 draw, 0 losses)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Those stats are wrong

I don't ever ever recall us losing to these cunce

Stop the lies

Once we get Roy, Arroyo, and Wessi on the pitch who do people think will ride the pine ? And how will we set up the team ?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-02-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Once we get Roy, Arroyo, and Wessi on the pitch who do people think will ride the pine ? And how will we set up the team ?
    4-2-3-1 Wes at number 10. Arroyo and Dimi out wide and Roy at number 9

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    As with most topics of discussion on here i completely concur with Stanny the man.

Hoff on the bench or back to the fullback spot and Johny K on the bench. Bonus to all this is Fitzuseless finds himself out of match day squad altogether and asks his manager to find him his 67th club in the HAL and we can provide that spot to some potential prospect from a NPL with much much more ability.

Sorry Jetkel but you know its true.
    Last edited by 380; 03-02-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    As with most topics of discussion on here i completely concur with Stanny the man.

Hoff on the bench or back to the fullback spot and Johny K on the bench. Bonus to all this is Fitzuseless finds himself out of match day squad altogether and asks his manager to find him his 67th club in the HAL and we can provide that spot to some potential prospect from a NPL with much much more ability.

Fitzy started the season strong but has been rubbish lately.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post

I actually think Kanta should go to the bench, and be replaced by either Johnny, Thurgarte should then be our sub for the midfield and have Langlois on the bench for CB

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Fitzy started the season strong but has been rubbish lately.
    Story of his career and should be released from the final year of his contract at seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I actually think Kanta should go to the bench, and be replaced by either Johnny, Thurgarte should then be our sub for the midfield and have Langlois on the bench for CB
    Gus with Stevie I can get onboard with
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    What has Thurgate got to do to get a start??

Judging by the shit Kanta n Hoff dish up it defies belief he not being selected ahead of them

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Judging by the shit Kanta n Hoff dish up it defies belief he not being selected ahead of them
    Find a position and stick with it. He's not an 8, he's not a 10, he's not a 9.... He needs to pick one, work on it and lock it in before next season if he wants to be a guaranteed starter.

I agree that he should be starting, but I don't know where and I don't know of he can stick to a gameplan for 90 mins. He's a Ramsay style floater that goes where he wants and doesn't necessarily stick to a gameplan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

He seems to be better coming off the bench rather than starting imo
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Find a position and stick with it. He's not an 8, he's not a 10, he's not a 9.... He needs to pick one, work on it and lock it in before next season if he wants to be a guaranteed starter.

I agree that he should be starting, but I don't know where and I don't know of he can stick to a gameplan for 90 mins. He's a Ramsay style floater that goes where he wants and doesn't necessarily stick to a gameplan.
    Since when do players pick their position?
    That's up to the coach.
    He played as a 9 in an emergency situation, which shows versatility.
    I think he followed different gameplans very well, can't blame it on the player if he gets moved to different positions.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Since when do players pick their position?
    That's up to the coach.
    He played as a 9 in an emergency situation, which shows versatility.
    I think he followed different gameplans very well, can't blame it on the player if he gets moved to different positions.
    The conversation is regarding him being a starter. You really need to have a position if you want to be a starter.

It's great being a utility, but that means you are going to be starting on the bench most weeks.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I think we should go to a 4-4-2 and play a diamond midfield. Kanta at CDM, Ridenton and Uga as B2B mids and Thurgate at the tip of the diamond with freedom to attack from either side or from deep.

Roy takes care of CBs and creates space for Arroyo to work with. Plenty of legs in midfield to cover across the park defensively and to counter as well.

The conversation is regarding him being a starter. You really need to have a position if you want to be a starter.

It's great being a utility, but that means you are going to be starting on the bench most weeks.
    Exactly. And that's up to the coach...

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Exactly. And that's up to the coach...
    I think you missed the point of this conversation.

Yes, it's the coaches decision on who plays in what position each week. But it's up to the player to train and improve skills in order to show what their preferred position is. A decent coach will play players in their preferred position because that's how you get the most out of them. This isn't Under 7s when you get handed a shirt with a certain number on it and that's where you play today.

If Thurgate wants to play as an 8, he needs to improve his skills to play that position. If wants to be a 9 he needs to work on different things. So far his aim has just been to get minutes on the pitch, but now he needs to kick on and become a starter.

Well, he can only work on his skills in the context of the team he's playing with, and under the guidance of the technical staff available. There are many examples of players used in the wrong position by a coach, who then realised their true potential under a different coach.
    It's not U7... but i you still get to play where the coach says...
    I'd like to see him used in the position you suggested above. If that means Dimi out for a couple of games, so be it...

Banned

Slow down he has a position

It is down to the coaches that he has been played here there and every where

Got nothing to do with him at all

Same as Johnny K he just been played massively out of position for too long

Now he playing in a position closer to his best position we will see better from him

Being this season is lost we be better off playing Thurgate in CM where he belongs and going from there
    Get the games under his belt

Slow down he has a position

It is down to the coaches that he has been played here there and every where

Got nothing to do with him at all

Same as Johnny K he just been played massively out of position for too long

Now he playing in a position closer to his best position we will see better from him

Being this season is lost we be better off playing Thurgate in CM where he belongs and going from there
    Get the games under his belt
    If we think his best position is at 8, then i'm not sure he should be starting. He doesn't read the entire game well (can see players in front of him, but doesn't know where opposition midfields are around him, yet.) and has little to no ability defensively. Compare him to Uga who is a true No 8, they aren't similar IMO.

But as an 8/10 hybrid he isn't relied upon defensively and doesn't have to worry about as many oppositions players.

Or maybe he better as an inside forward like Hazard/Mertens/Griezmann. He has lots of the attributes needed to play that role.

I don't know because he seems to be all over the place whenever he comes on, no matter the coach.

I do agree that he needs a coach to pick him in the right spot before we can truly judge him there. But we don't have one of those, so he needs to make the decision for any coach that we have. Pick a spot, and make yourself undroppable.