Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 19 | W-Sydney Wanderers v Newcastle Jets | Sat 15/02/20 1930

Seriously... seems like everyone here was hoping to see dramatic changes after 4 training sessions... WTF
    Robinson has exactly the same players that Ernie and Deans had, if anyone expected Real Madrid... you're delusional.
    If he did 5 changes and turned squad and formation upside down, many people here would be calling him all sort of names (and rightfully so).
    He started with the same setup, clearly he's doing a different type of work as some competences are not clear.

BREAKING NEWS: Top 6 is gone (it's been a while actually), so better start working on some serious changes - and guess what, it takes time.
    Whingeing is always easier though...
    I'll judge Robbo next December, not after 4 days. Smh

p.s.: we could have won the game if some players could shoot...
    Last edited by mic22; 15-02-2020 at 10:58 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Made a sensational 1 v 1 stop on cox late in the first half & a few good low saves early 2nd half. Was a tough night for keepers, Lopars the best in the business & he struggled.
    The bloke had a 5 yard first touch which Italiano managed to dive in with his feet to get the ball

Any competent keeper would have used his ****ing hands and claimed the ball

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Seriously... seems like everyone here was hoping to see dramatic changes after 4 training sessions... WTF
    Robinson has exactly the same players that Ernie and Deans had, if anyone expected Real Madrid... you're delusional.
    If he did 5 changes and turned squad and formation upside down, many people here would be calling him all sort of names (and rightfully so).
    He started with the same setup, clearly he's doing a different type of work as some competences are not clear.

BREAKING NEWS: Top 6 is gone (it's been a while actually), so better start working on some serious changes - and guess what, it takes time.

I will go better than you on this

Deans done a much better job with these same shit players than Robinson has

That is a fact

BREAKING NEWS: Top 6 is gone (it's been a while actually)
    Fake news. We're easily able to reach the finals.

Our problem is we bought a Robinson. We had options.

Fitzgerald came on and pressed hard in defense and released the ball quickly in attack. Simple but effectivly showing his strengths and hiding the weaknesses.

Ernie and others probably gave him too much freedom in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The bloke had a 5 yard first touch which Italiano managed to dive in with his feet to get the ball

Any competent keeper would have used his ****ing hands and claimed the ball
    Came off his line quickly, Cox tried to round him. Was good decision making & a good save on a slippery night. Fark me, shittin on a bloke for the sake of shittin on the bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Fake news. We're easily able to reach the finals.

Our problem is we bought a Robinson. We had options.
    Do you have a problem with people with the surname Robinson?

Good post, nothing like some common sense. The Jets need some stability, remember this is a squad Robinson has inherited.

Banned
    Came off his line quickly, Cox tried to round him. Was good decision making & a good save on a slippery night. Fark me, shittin on a bloke for the sake of shittin on the bloke.
    Good save ??

The bloke Cox had a first touch of a therapist

It was 5 yards in front of him

I would back every HAL keeper to save it

I would back every HAL keeper bar ours to claim it with his hands

Don't make out that was outstanding work from Italiano. That 1st touch of Cox was that bad it put the odds in Jets favour straight away

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Good post, nothing like some common sense. The Jets need some stability, remember this is a squad Robinson has inherited.
    We have had 3 years of stability

This is more or less the same as Ernies 1st squad when he arrived

We have had 3 years of stability . It change We need

I have not seen anything from Italiano at this point in time that screams out " first choice keeper " for next season

Quote Originally Posted by 380;236***
    I have not seen anything from Italiano at this point in time that screams out " first choice keeper " for next season
    Other than Moss's retirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Other than Moss's retirement.
    But I would take BK over Italiano

It not even a contest really

We can do so much better than Italiano

we could be top of the comp if ANY of the players could shoot

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    But I would take BK over Italiano

It not even a contest really

We can do so much better than Italiano
    Do you think we have the ability to find anyone better other than maybe Noah when he's back? I have zero faith in us to sign anyone who isn't 35 and playing NPL or riding the pine at another club.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Do you think we have the ability to find anyone better other than maybe Noah when he's back? I have zero faith in us to sign anyone who isn't 35 and playing NPL or riding the pine at another club.
    Hmmm..I wonder what it would take to get Jamie Young here.
    Bloke seems to have a blinder every time we play Brisbane Hollandier. Might be 9pts we'd get if he was on our side for a change.
    Oh bugger. We'd have to have goal scorers.
    Foiled again!

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Hmmm..I wonder what it would take to get Jamie Young here.
    Bloke seems to have a blinder every time we play Brisbane Hollandier. Might be 9pts we'd get if he was on our side for a change.
    Oh bugger. We'd have to have goal scorers.
    Foiled again!
    Jamie is born in Brisbane, seems to get along great with Fowler, is in a team that is spending money to improve and will likely make the finals this season.

We'd need to pay him a million season to come to this joke of a club right now. We can't attract any starting keeper in the HAL unless their current club drops them and drives them out, and even then we'd still need to over pay.

We will have to go for backups at best.

Bouzanis. (Not likely to leave and would cost too much)
    Velaphi. (He'd be available but might have better options than us.)
    Janjetovic. (Please no.)
    Nizic. (Stats say he has 1 start and conceded 3 goals. Never seen him play.)
    Olivar Sail from Wellington (Could be a good option. But we'd need to pry him from them with decent wages.)
    Matt Acton. (Can see this one happening as Victory have depth without him and he would take any starting gig.)

That's about it really.

Acton's a good shout. Good keeper. Is/was he injured though? Nizic is static, very ordinary. Janjetovic off to the new team I think.

Just not sure how anyone can watch Saturdays game & be critical of Italiano - very solid game in difficult conditions. Other rounds not so much, but I'm purely talking about Saturday. Lopar arguably the best keeper in the competition was made to look very ordinary partly due to the conditions.

Just not sure how anyone can watch Saturdays game & be critical of Italiano - very solid game in difficult conditions. Other rounds not so much, but I'm purely talking about Saturday. Lopar arguably the best keeper in the competition was made to look very ordinary partly due to the conditions.
    Yeah, I agree with you..
    While he has been a bit dodge in other games, on the weekend I thought he did really well.. (Apart from his attempt to recreate last weekend's blunder)