Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HAL 19/20 Rd21 - Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory - Sat 29/2/20 k/off 5pm AEDST

Italiano great save

Banned
    Perth are shit

Losses to the Jets n Gypos this season

Popovic should be sacked on that front alone

hey, what happens when we have more goals than the opposition when the referee blows the whistle to end the game?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    hey, what happens when we have more goals than the opposition when the referee blows the whistle to end the game?
    We go home confused, knowing that the Jets are just teasing and they are going to kill our spirits again soon

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Wasn't sure why we had 28 replays of the obvious handball but only 1 of the tighter potential offside. But who can work out VAR anyway?
    This......clear and obvious on the 45th replay after 5minutes.....should have been 1 look since he stopped play .

Having a hard time remember a better strike at MJ Stadium than NTS goal tonight.

A proper thunderbastard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If boogs deliberately played at that ball why didnt he get a red?
    Not every handball has to be a card-not classed as DOGSO but it was a pen

Well now...
    Good win. Check..
    Banger from Topor. Check..
    Screwed by dodgy VAR again. Check..
    All the filthy Gypos looked trash. Check..

I am still worried that Robinson hasn't changed anything and is just using Deans lineup/tactics and not making any real changes, but as long as he gives those filthy coasties another spoon I will give him the benefit of the doubt overall. Just please cut Millar very quickly, he makes Burns look like a capable defender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    This......clear and obvious on the 45th replay after 5minutes.....should have been 1 look since he stopped play .
    Being that play was stopped whilst the ball was in play it was pretty obvious it was gonna be a penalty

I thought the cunce had to.actually wait until the next break in play before reviewing it and couldn't create a break??

Would have looked pretty stupid having a drop ball in the middle of the park to restart play after reviewing it and not being able to give a penalty

Wes owned that game for the duration he was on the pitch. I know he is no spring chicken but if he genuinely feels he can go around again and more importantly on same modest inside the cap figure he is supposedly on this season then sign him up to go around again.

His ability to play triangles to get the ball from the back third to the front third and his vision and composure was a real treat to watch during the later stages of the game. Just needs to learn to tell Dimi to get the f^&k out of the way when it comes to set pieces corners etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Wes owned that game for the duration he was on the pitch. I know he is no spring chicken but if he genuinely feels he can go around again and more importantly on same modest inside the cap figure he is supposedly on this season then sign him up to go around again.

His ability to play triangles to get the ball from the back third to the front third and his vision and composure was a real treat to watch during the later stages of the game. Just needs to learn to tell Dimi to get the f^&k out of the way when it comes to set pieces corners etc.
    Wes will give me sweet dreams tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Well now...
    Good win. Check..

I am still worried that Robinson hasn't changed anything and is just using Deans lineup/tactics and not making any real changes, but as long as he gives those filthy coasties another spoon I will give him the benefit of the doubt overall. Just please cut Millar very quickly, he makes Burns look like a capable defender.
    Maybe Deans was playing what Robbo wanted at the end....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    We need Hoff on for the zpl standard gypo.
    Don’t slag of ZPL like that. He’s AA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Well now...
    Good win. Check..

If anything the fad seems to be going 3-5-2 at present

For whatever reason it appears the future of HAL sides going forward

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post

Good to see how Wes was able to lift up the whole team (including Millar, who had an absolute shocker today).
    I had the impression that Dimi played more free from pressure once Wes came in.
    Also... when (and if) Ledley comes into the picture, it might be interesting to see Uga+Ledley and Wes in front of them (And yes, Dimi out. He's still far from the player he was 2 years ago)

I noticed how Arroyo was standing alone at midfield while the whole team was celebrating NTS marvel.
    Looks like the guy is a bit disconnected from the team. Threatened by Ibini? (Who was very solid IMO)
    Perhaps he already knows he won't be around for long?

Ledley didn't get his international clearance in time (which makes sense seeing as he isn't on Sydney or Melbourne's roster so no urgency from FFA), so unless further FFA incompetence can f*ck us over we should be seeing him after the bye
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    We go home confused, knowing that the Jets are just teasing and they are going to kill our spirits again soon
    . hahaha surely not again

Watched my Fox recordings of both the Pre Game Show and the match when i got home. Did anybody else catch McGowan talking about the brawl in the tunnel at halftime between the recent Sydney FFA FC and Gypo's. I watched that game and just before half time you could hear somebody from one of the benches ay to another " shutup dickhead " and later in the broadcast there was mention of words in the tunnel on the Fox broadcast but nothing about a brawl as McGowan described it , In actual fact he talked it right up and was surprised Fox seemed to miss or chose to miss most of it.

Would this have gone so far under the radar with no citings if it were any other match and clubs involved outside of FFA FC ?.

Absoooooooluuuuuutely