Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round23 | Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets | Sun 15/03/20 1820

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Of course it was confirmed. Where were you when Lawrie was on NBN and quoted in the Herald as being offered up players who were " NOT " household names and were other A League club players who could not break into other teams match day squads.

Bert went so far as too say the last player offered to him was a player from another A League club who was yet to make his A League debut.

You said we were hopeless in attack, We were nothing of the sort with plenty of shots in a game. Bert said we needed Roy the club said no. If we were putting away half those chances we would be looking down the ladder now at most team as opposed to looking up.

Bert screwed up heaps but having a team incapable of great attacking football was not one them.
    You obviously did not pay enough attention last season and earlier this season. Many games of kick and chase football
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You obviously did not pay enough attention last season and earlier this season. Many games of kick and chase football
    Ok your right the rest of us telling you otherwise are incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Ok your right the rest of us telling you otherwise are incorrect
    Im not seeing everyone sharing your view and if our football was attacking and soo great as you said, Teams would not have figured us out after one season and Ernie would still be in the job
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Im not seeing everyone sharing your view and if our football was attacking and soo great as you said, Teams would not have figured us out after one season and Ernie would still be in the job
    **** me

To give Merrick credit over the last year and a half even though we were not winning games for the most part we were enjoyable to watch
    After sitting through years of shite under Couscous Jones Miller Culina Muppet Stubbins at at least we had a go at teams. Even this season we got stitched up in a few games under Bert where the difference in the scoreboard was how clinical our opponents were and how inefficient we were

FFS that game in Perth I think Perth had 7 shots and 6 goals at one point and we had 2 goals but more shots than them

I assume we lost based on the discussion in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think people are a bit sick of Stanny constantly throwing Ernie under the bus needlessly. We all remember how bad this team can be under an actual bad coach.

Plus, Adelaide were extremely poor last night. That performance from them defensively was wooden spoon material. Happy with the win as always, just not convinced we have fixed many of the issues we have with the squad/team as yet.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

We can only beat what's in front of us. We beat them and kept a clean sheet away from home. We're 6 games undefeated - one off equaling our best ever undefeated stretch. We've got depth on the bench for the first time this year.

I reckon things are looking alright.

Adelaide were decimated with injury. We've all been there. We took advantage of it which I'm all for.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I think people are a bit sick of Stanny constantly throwing Ernie under the bus needlessly. We all remember how bad this team can be under an actual bad coach.

Plus, Adelaide were extremely poor last night. That performance from them defensively was wooden spoon material. Happy with the win as always, just not convinced we have fixed many of the issues we have with the squad/team as yet.

Teams hadn't figured us out Stanny. We were still having more shots at goal than our opposition we just weren't finding the back of the net.

Rope and dope worked once in boxing - not sure if it's ever been a winning strategy in football.

If the opposition had worked us out they would have limited our shots on goal.

The Newcastle Jets won the game 3 goals to nil.

How goods winning but.

We can only beat what's in front of us. We beat them and kept a clean sheet away from home. We're 6 games undefeated - one off equaling our best ever undefeated stretch. We've got depth on the bench for the first time this year.

I reckon things are looking alright.

Adelaide were decimated with injury. We've all been there. We took advantage of it which I'm all for.
    This..
    Plus, we are above the gypos..

Why are we complaining or arguing or whatever about Ernie..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    This..
    Plus, we are above the gypos..

Because Liverpool didn't play so we got nothing else to argue about

That is gold. 🤣

Where was Bernie?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Where was Bernie?
    Failed a late fitness test, as did Arroyo

Fans get locked out of games just as we start winning. It’s the Gypo fault sack him

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    This..
    Plus, we are above the gypos and those useless Tards.

Fixed!

How did Ledley look in his brief appearance

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    How did Ledley look in his brief appearance
    The game was over at that point. I wouldn't take anything out of his cameo.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.